Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 03:51 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
The nasty ones are the ones who hover. Your personal issues cause personal issues for the rest of us who prefer to sit on a dry seat. Please stop.
Please stop?

Who do you think you're talking to?

Are you in the stall with me watching what comes out of me? Are you watching where it goes?

Just because I don't sit on the seat doesn't mean I personally am making the mess you have issues with. So back off.

And just to clarify, you sitting your own personal arse on a public toilet in no way 100 percent of the time prevents bodily fluids and other waste material from getting on the seat. So let's keep it real.

What a senseless, asinine way to address my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 03:58 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
There was a news article recently saying that a toilet seat in a public restroom has less germs that your desk at work. I'm sure it's true. Think about most people's cell phones. They go everywhere with them including public restrooms. :-0 How many people actually disinfect their cell phones?

While I'm a bit of a germophobe I don't use the toilet seat covers. I'm more worried about the germs on the door handle than the actual toilet seat.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:05 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
Please stop?

Who do you think you're talking to?

Are you in the stall with me watching what comes out of me? Are you watching where it goes?

Just because I don't sit on the seat doesn't mean I personally am making the mess you have issues with. So back off.

And just to clarify, you sitting your own personal arse on a public toilet in no way 100 percent of the time prevents bodily fluids and other waste material from getting on the seat. So let's keep it real.

What a senseless, asinine way to address my post.
I am keeping it real. I don't leave a mess on toilet seats, either at home, or in public. I loathe those who do. If it doesn't apply to you, congratulations on your aim.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:14 PM

212 posts, read 195,196 times
I plop my precious patootie directly on the seat. If it looks wet beforehand, I take a couple squares of toilet tissue and wipe it down. I've never contracted anything serious in my 35+ years of doing this. My main concern is with door handles. After washing my hands, I use the paper towel to open the door.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:15 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,315,200 times
There is no way in hell I'm putting my naked arse where other peoples naked arses have been. I even wash the toilet seat in my house before I sit down. I live with a little boy and a men who can't aim straight.

I make them clean the bathroom though. I know I'm not the one missing the toilet.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:19 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Friday View Post
I plop my precious patootie directly on the seat. If it looks wet beforehand, I take a couple squares of toilet tissue and wipe it down. I've never contracted anything serious in my 35+ years of doing this. My main concern is with door handles. After washing my hands, I use the paper towel to open the door.
I agree with the paper towels.
The problem is that so many public restrooms these days are opting out of having paper towels for us to use to dry our hands, and instead only have those air dryers.

I thought I read somewhere that the air dryers only circulate germ-ridden air, and hence, are ineffective.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:23 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Things that are probably more germy than a toilet seat:
Door handles
Telephones
Remote controls
Light switches
Hand rails
Not to mention your hands are more likely to have small cuts or sores/irritations than your bum, making them much more susceptible to picking up an infection of some kind.
Wash your hands.
Your gross handbag is germier than a toilet - TODAY.com
https://www.google.com/#q=how+dirty+...f+your+handbag

Old 10-03-2016, 04:33 PM

14,303 posts, read 11,692,440 times
Quote:
Yes, I do all of this too. After washing my hands, the last thing I want to do is touch the door handle which has been touched by people who DIDN'T wash their hands.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:54 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,575,198 times
Human butt may seem gross but the mouth is far grosser.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:00 PM

3,262 posts, read 4,999,956 times
Quote:
Same for me, except I have a larger number of years of experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness