Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2016, 02:54 PM

264 posts, read 302,194 times

Advertisements

Doc has me on Advair and Spiriva inhalers.

1) why 2 ?

2) very expensive, is there alternatives ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 03:16 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11jay11 View Post
Doc has me on Advair and Spiriva inhalers.

1) why 2 ?

2) very expensive, is there alternatives ?
I'm so sorry you are going thru this ( my mother went thru this for over 45 years)~ She was exposed to TB as a child and her lungs were scared..so was vulnerable at a very young age!! But it can be handled.

Advair is mainly to protect your airways from agents that aggravate ( it's steroidal) and Spiriva is to to protect you from "Bronchial Spasms" ..Maybe look up each drug to get better informed . But are you still on Ventolin? which is used for immediate relief from sudden onset of attacked of SOB.

Yes, those 2 you mentioned are more expensive because pharmaceutical companies are always coming up with new combinations to treat COPD. BUT those 2 are NOT so knew..Is there a generic for those Brand names>> Did you ask your Respirologist this question? Sure there is a huge list available .. Over the years, most doctors ask you IF you have a "Plan" that covers medications..and IF not..often go to inhaler's in your case that are less expensive. Maybe talking to your pharmacist ( where ever you purchase you prescriptions) for some advice?

In the meantime~ a link to some information for you~~ Hope this helps just a bit

https://ehealthiq.com/copd-remedies-...-home/?cid=262

Old 10-19-2016, 03:33 PM

264 posts, read 302,194 times
Doc gave me a ProAir Respiclick for this but it doesn't do anything in the couple times I started gasping for breath.

I was hoping to walk more but that isn't possible I run out of breath doing very little now.

Old 10-20-2016, 12:18 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,537,926 times
I have seen test results from COPD patients that have improved their breathing through vaping and been able to give up those inhalers. Might be worth a try. You don't have to include nicotine if you don't want it. Go to any vape shop and they will help you as much as the FDA allows or more.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:06 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,001,992 times
Unfortunately, drug prices will continue to be higher than they should be...even "generics" are going out of sight...thanks Obama!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness