Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 05:32 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz
Is that your attempt at admitting you were WRONG???

No one cares if you are terrified, you were spreading misinformation and were called on it....
She wasnt wrong...... Flu shots (Or any vaccine) is not good... ALL THE GARBAGE IN THEM!!!

Can leave you vulnerable to other things later in life.... MISS TERRI DONT LET THEM SCARE YOU HONEY!!

Old 10-17-2016, 06:50 PM

7,126 posts, read 12,665,237 times
No flu shots for me -- based on personal preference. I've successfully fought off flu and colds through echinacea, nasal saline solutions and upping the vitamin C and zinc during cold and flu outbreaks. So far so good. Might be a placebo effect but since the results are positive and preventative, I don't examine the reasons these work for me too closely. Why no flu shots? I simply don't like having chemicals injected into my body...

Old 10-17-2016, 08:33 PM

16 posts, read 49,199 times
Default bad reaction to enhanced flu shot

I was given the stronger flu shot right before a trip and I got very ill and threw up the night before my trip. I never throw up. I'm not sure my body can handle a strong flu shot

Old 10-17-2016, 08:41 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I am 68 years old and have lived through at least the 1958 (child) (young adult) and 1968 Flu Pandemics. At least as a child I had Mommy and Daddy helping me, far more than ONCE with the Flu. They did not have drive through Flu Shots in the 50's and 60's.

I lived alone in my early 20's when I had the flu (1968 Pandemic?). Yes, I could not get out bed to try to make hot tea or chicken soup myself. My Mom came and stayed with me to "doctor" me. Never went to the doctor. I just called out sick from work.

Contract this. Last February my grandson gave everyone a Norovirus (stomach flu and no vaccine). Try 4 adults trying to get into one bathroom to be over and on a TOILET BOWL. Can't get out of BED???? Excuse me? Your bed is the bathroom floor because you cannot be away from a Toilet Bowl. Influenza is NOTHING in comparison. You can dehydrate very, very quickly from Stomach Flu. Influenza?

Nope, I will take being in bed and cannot get out of that with the flu over cannot get off the bathroom floor with "stomach flu". No comparison.

Or perhaps I just to stupid to understand the differences because I/we were not diagnosed by doctors? As I said to my very uniformed husband who said, "I got my Flu Shot", No, your Flu shot will not protect you against a Norovirus. He learned that lesson quickly.

I'm not sure I understand your point? Yes norovirus is bad. I had that or something in 9th grade and would not stop throwing up until I was given a suppository.

I still don't want the flu.

Noro is worse than flu, but better than ebola...............?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-17-2016, 08:50 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
[quote=Mikala43;45861396]I'm not sure I understand your point? Yes norovirus is bad. I had that or something in 9th grade and would not stop throwing up until I was given a suppository.

They are working on a vaccine for norovirus:

Status of vaccine research and development for norovirus

Old 10-18-2016, 12:56 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,953,701 times
[quote=suzy_q2010;45861475]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm not sure I understand your point? Yes norovirus is bad. I had that or something in 9th grade and would not stop throwing up until I was given a suppository.

Oh thank god, I'll be the first to be vaccinated.

Norovirus ruined my life when I got it 8 years ago. Influenza is bad (last time I got it was 3 years ago), but at least you can sleep through it without being woken by your severe nausea and you can eat without vomiting.

Old 10-18-2016, 03:19 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,580,593 times
Bunch of light weights on here - last week got my annual flu shoot, hep A vaccination, and shingles vaccination.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:08 AM

619 posts, read 575,367 times
Quote:
Had influenza 10 times!???!!! That's A LOT.

I think this demonstrates the problem, I'm guessing, you don't really know what the flu is, or you would never risk getting it 10 times. I'm not insulting you, I find a lot of people call a bunch of things the flu that are not.

I've had it maybe 3 times in my life (50 here) and that motivates me sufficiently to get a shot every year.
ok. maybe it wasn't the flu? a really bad cold? I don't know to be sure, i'm just thinking back to the times i was sick enough to stay home for a few days with what I assumed or was told was the flu.

Point was, i don't get sick a lot, and many years pass with me not getting sick at all.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:20 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
In years past the flu made me extremely ill, and since taking flu shots I have not had the flu. Nor have I had any reaction to the injection. I am almost 79 with four stents in my heart, I am most certainly going to continue taking a flu shot at this point and in my condition.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:32 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
[quote=suzy_q2010;45861475]
Quote:

I'll deal either when and if they happen, again. It is simply a matter of degree for the individual which condition is worse. Do you agree with another poster who said something to the effect that once a person has actually had the flu (or norovirus), they will never want it again, and will get their vaccination? Ok, by that logic I guess I have never had the flu or the norovirus since I don't want either vaccination.

My point is that a flu shot, or any other, is an adult individual's choice, and their's alone for whatever reason. You can see this right on this thread alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.