Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 05:43 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
BD:::What are the gains of being so anti integrative/functional medicine minded/oriented?
The gains???

"Functional Medicine" isn't a "thing".....its quackery plain and simple....

"The problem with “functional medicine” is that at its core it is close to being as nonsensical as the more “obvious” forms of quackery. It just hides it better, given the number of fancy-sounding laboratory tests."

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/fun...tive-medicine/

What do YOU have to gain by continuing to try to "sell" people on alternative NONSENSE....

You constantly interject yourself into threads and topics you know nothing about, like this one on gallbladder removal. Do you even know where your gallbladder is located? Can you name 3 functions of the gallbladder? Have you yourself been through a cholecystectomy??

NO??

Then why are you giving advice to someone with a real problem that doesn't need to be considering quackery like "functional medicine" right now....seeing as she already had the procedure done in particular.

I honestly feel duty bound to point out the dangerous misinformation you try to pass off as "knowledge"

I mean, seriously, that article you linked is written by a TANNING SALON OWNER

You will post ANYTHING from ANYWHERE on the web and apparently believe it is true as long as it fits into your alternative world view.....it is really quite remarkable actually the depths you go to find information to fit your narrative....

Old 01-04-2018, 05:58 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
BD::: So there should NOT be any healing methods but pharma drugs and surgeries????? I've been on this earth too long to believe that one from you or anyone else.

Who the H cares about the tanning salon, why keep bringing that up? There are 1000's upon 1000's articles from no tanning salons...

Old 01-05-2018, 12:46 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
BD:::What are the gains of being so anti integrative/functional medicine minded/oriented?
The link you gave is full of idiotic statements:

"digestive enzymes work in the pancreas to properly break the food down"

No, food is not broken down in the pancreas.

"Unfortunately, cooking and processing methods destroy enzymes in our food that are so necessary for proper digestion."

Food does not provide digestive enzymes. They are made by the body.

"Our bodies can't manufacture enough of the right ones. As a result, our bodies attempt to compensate by withdrawing enzymes needed for digestion from its own "bank". Over time, these heavy withdrawals coupled with skimpy deposits lead to a bankrupt digestive system"

Most people make a perfectly satisfactory level of digestive enzymes. Their bank accounts are just fine.

"Meat needs large amounts of acid to be broken down. Without adequate stomach acid it rots in the intestine"

No. Just, no.

"Without your gall bladder, the liver will still produce bile, but the bile will leak inside you because it will not have a proper place to go."

No, bile will not "leak inside you". It still goes into the intestine, which is the "proper place to go".

"Do You Need Your Gallblatter?"

No, I never had one. Someone who cannot spell gallbladder has no business talking about it.

"The probable after-effects of gallbladder surgery are never discussed with the patient"

False. Anyone having gallbladder surgery will have to sign a consent which spells out the risks. Every patient should make sure he understands what to expect from any surgery.

"Some patients suffer from dumping syndrome, in which food is 'dumped' too quickly into the intestines from the stomach."

This is a problem after some stomach surgery, not gallbladder surgery.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20371915

Your article recommends:

"• Every four months a liver cleanse [$21.00 per each] or flush should be performed. People without gallbladders may develop stones in the liver which will lead to a sluggish liver. Remember that the liver is the main filter of the body.
• Colon cleanse - Two times a year. [$21.50 per each]
• Digestive Enzymes with Ox Bile ... for life" [$27.00 for 60, to take one or more with each meal; at three per day a bottle will only last 20 days: 18.25 bottles per year is $492.75]

Add a probiotic, once a day, $27.50 for 60.

That's $763.75 per year for all of the "supps".

None of those are needed, even if they really contain what the label claims - and they very well may not.

"An Easy Way to Evaluate Stomach Acid" is sheer hogwash.

Once again you have linked to a website that is full of misinformation (downright lies, actually) that exists only to sell "supps" that people do not need.

The author also sells this nifty little device:

Does Quantum Resonance Spectrometry Work? - Neuroskeptic

Also, jewelry to protect against "EMF".

Pure quackery.

Quote:
BD::: So there should NOT be any healing methods but pharma drugs and surgeries????? I've been on this earth too long to believe that one from you or anyone else.

Who the H cares about the tanning salon, why keep bringing that up? There are 1000's upon 1000's articles from no tanning salons...
Anyone who proposes a "healing method" should be required to demonstrate that it actually heals.

The source of your link was challenged because the person writing it has absolutely no credentials to be making any medical recommendations. The level of ignorance about human physiology in the article is astounding.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:08 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Well, moving right along....I am 4 days past surgery, and am eating normally with no pain, or other side effects. Still a bit sore.

I’ve surveyed others who have had the surgery, and nobody is having any long term consequences. I would have chosen to keep my gallbladder, if it were working properly, but it wasn’t. I wasn’t about to experiment with trying to cure it with some holistic mumbo jumbo.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:21 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Well, moving right along....I am 4 days past surgery, and am eating normally with no pain, or other side effects. Still a bit sore.

I’ve surveyed others who have had the surgery, and nobody is having any long term consequences. I would have chosen to keep my gallbladder, if it were working properly, but it wasn’t. I wasn’t about to experiment with trying to cure it with some holistic mumbo jumbo.
Good luck and best wishes to you during your recovery! Hope all continues to go well for you....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness