U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 09:51 AM

2,823 posts, read 7,516,169 times

Advertisements

He is endangering your life by asking you to take him into Trenton to get drugs. That is a dangerous town, especially the areas you have to go to get what he wants.
I agree with the others, he is incapable of caring for you as you do for him.

Call these people- City of Angels NJ, Inc – Conquering Our Addictions

We've had moderate success with them.

Good luck and protect yourself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 10:10 AM

1,137 posts, read 693,010 times
drop him like a hot potato or you're gonna find yourself in a world of hurt..ain't no future with that guy..you owe yourself better..

Old 10-23-2016, 10:36 AM

1,647 posts, read 1,571,254 times
He is using you to help him get drugs. He has no interest in rehab at this point in his life. You can't fix this for him - the best you can do is refuse to be dragged down with him. The good news (for you) is that you aren't married to him and don't have children with him. You can make a clean break now, and you should.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:26 PM

14,965 posts, read 8,305,286 times
Dear one. You need to take a hard look at why you are attracted to a train wreck. What need does this fulfill? Are you trying to save him? If so, don't waste your time. You can't. You will save yourself a lot of heartache if you walk away and leave the dysfunction behind. Do yourself a favor and leave him to his own devices. You can't change him, you can't help him, and you can't make him quit. You can only change the way you deal with him.

Focus on cultivating relationships that are healthy and don't involve chemically dependent people. They're a nightmare. Been there. done that, never again for me.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:39 PM

1,130 posts, read 708,499 times
You can.t fix him or love him clean.
His disease is stronger than u can imagine. He is sucking you in with the car rides and all.
Please please get away from him. It may suck you in too if you continue with him.
Change your number, don.t answer the door, no loaning money. Stop all contact immediately.
He'll balk and cry and moan and get angry so be prepared but be strong and stick with clean family and friends.
I hear they take the car away during a drug bust and it goes on a permanent record. He ain't worth all that, is he?
Take care of yourself only. The right guy will come in time.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:39 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,401,161 times
Check out www.soberrecovery.com for a good education about addiction. Many forums there, much information. Much 'support' too (try the Friends and Family area) ... they can be very understanding since they have all been through something like this themselves. They also can be quite straightforward there .. helps to shock you into reality (and I am pretty sure they will have similar advice to many here, especially because this is not a long term relationship yet - detach right away, go no contact, get out NOW!) - but they will listen, I guarantee that.

Last edited by Aery11; 10-23-2016 at 03:26 PM..

Old 10-23-2016, 02:46 PM

5,527 posts, read 7,509,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon84 View Post
I dont know what to do.. I really lov him and i know he is a good person. I dont know if he can stop or change.
No, he isn't a good person. Maybe someday he could be, but right now is not trustworthy or good. You've been together 6 months and it will only get worse from here as long as he has his problem. Leave him and move on to people who actually deserve you and treat you with respect, not with lies. Demand better for yourself. You may love him but he loves his drugs more than he loves you and you can do better even being alone than being with him. Leave now!

Old 10-23-2016, 02:53 PM

11,074 posts, read 4,285,108 times
Change your phone number, don't answer the door. You need to walk away and not look back! Not your responsibility to change him, fix him or even help him! He has to want to help himself. Everything he's telling you is a lie. There are plenty of guys out there, don't settle for a lying drug addicts, you're better than that! If you stay, you will end up hurt or in jail. That's the reality, sorry!

Old 10-23-2016, 04:41 PM

3,917 posts, read 7,038,196 times
I agree with everything everyone has said so far. You should leave now. He's lied to you; he's gotten you to do things that you know are unhealthy and wrong. Before too long, he will be talking you into getting high with him, then your life will be different forever.

Run!

Old 10-23-2016, 04:47 PM

6,643 posts, read 7,022,808 times
The same reason that kept the Op with him after so many lies...is what will keep her with him...low self esteem...we could tell her a 1000 times to leave...but highly unlikely she will...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or