Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 04:06 PM

757 posts, read 837,874 times

Advertisements

How many women have lived, or died, thinking they could change a man. You cannot. You will not. You are flushing your life away in his toilet.

Luck has nothing to do with any of this. You either care about yourself enough to protect yourself or not. I think you will not. I do know you will regret sticking with him.

Another tragedy. Sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 04:23 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon84 View Post
My boyfriend and i started dating about 6 months ago. When we first started dating he told me he used to have a drug problem. He told me he was in and out of rehab for cocaine. I found out that he lied to me and was a >>>>>>e addict for many years. A month after we started dating he told me he took pain killers now and than to feel good. I found out that the pain killers he was taking were roxy.. He started using them everyday and lying to me about it. He hasnt done >>>>>>e in a year supposedly. His parents caught on that he was doing roxy and they threatened to kick him out. He told me he was going to stop using them. Than a couple weeks later i caught him sniffing something else. He told me it was zanax. I dont believe him. His eyes are always glassy his pupils are small and he is always itchy. Now he been using the excuse to ask me to take him to get weed. He been asking me to take him to trenton nj.. If noone knows what that is its a bad area with all crack addicts. I didnt believe him that thats what he was getting so yesterday when we got back i looked through his phone and his friend texted him i can get the good ******************** 13 for 80 dollars.. I have no idea what that could be. I wanted to know if anyone might know. Everytime we left trenton he would take a bottleof waterandrun into the bathroom. Than i found the cap of a pepsi bottle in a duffle bag placed between two pairs of clothes. I dont know what to do.. I really lov him and i know he is a good person. I dont know if he can stop or change. I cant trust him to even go out wit his friends. They are all drug addicts .. I feel like i should walk but its soooo hard. Please anyone whomight havesome answers please writeback!
I have a close family members who is an addict. I have estranged myself from them because I will not be an enabler. They are welcome back when they have completed a comprehensive long term treatment program.

Dump this loser or be prepared to ruin the rest of your life.

Old 10-23-2016, 04:27 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
I'm going to say what everybody else is saying. You've been dating 6 months, bail now while you have the chance before you get arrested, pregnant or attacked when him or his friends are high. Look in the mirror and realize you deserve more than this.

Old 10-23-2016, 04:56 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,601,599 times
I'm so glad I'm dating a drug addict. Said no one EVER.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:08 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Your life will be a misery with him. Get out now. Addicts rarely get off the stuff and he sounds like a doozy!

Old 10-23-2016, 05:40 PM

212 posts, read 162,225 times
I was married to one and even when they stop, they are still the same AH except without the substance. He is sick and refuses to get help, he will continue to lie and do whatever it takes to get his drugs. End it and walk away before a tragedy happens. Good luck!

Old 10-23-2016, 05:54 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
There is only one answer. LEAVE HIM.

No one can FIX a drug addict. Drug addicts can only fix themselves. He will never have any motivation to be that great guy you just know he can be as long as you agree to stay around when he is NOT a great guy.

If you insist on staying with him in spite of how it will ruin your life as well as his, at least help yourself by attending some meetings of Nar-Anon. The people there are dealing with the same issues you are and will have a lot of compassion for your problem.

What's Nar-Anon?

Find a Meeting

Old 10-23-2016, 06:07 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,313,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
I have experience with drug addiction behavior.

One of two things are going to happen.

1. He's going to get busted with a controlled substance and get arrested.

2. YOU could possibly be robbed, hurt or get arrested for possession of a controlled substance. Either in your car, in your purse or just hanging out with him.

He is not in a right frame of mind. He's on drugs and they control him no matter what you do or say.

The best option for YOU is to distance yourself and not get involved anymore. You are only enabling him and you can't stop or save him no matter how much love and support you show him.

YOU are possibly going to get hurt or in trouble. Stay away.
I see that after 3 pages of replies and advice that you've not been back so I'm not going to offer any advice, why keep repeating the best advice you've been given...get out as fast as you can WHILE you can.

Absolutely NO GOOD will come of this liaison; Don't Walk...RUN FOREST RUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The same reason that kept the Op with him after so many lies...is what will keep her with him...low self esteem...we could tell her a 1000 times to leave...but highly unlikely she will...
Well, you asked and now it's up to you OP!

P.S. Best of luck to you OP, sincerely.

Last edited by HomeIsWhere...; 10-23-2016 at 06:43 PM.. Reason: P.S.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:30 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
How about you break up with your boyfriend?

Old 10-23-2016, 09:48 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,541,250 times
OP's 1st post, 16+ hours later, no response back to thread - possible troll thread?

OP, what attracted you to this person in the first place, especially since he revealed it to you early on? Why are you still with him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness