Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 10:32 AM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,847 times

Advertisements

I was with a woman who later revealed to me she had HPV I never asked her about STDs which was stupid on my part. But I think she was still supposed to disclose that to me before we had sex either way. We had sex maybe 10 times or so. I always used a condom and she never gave me oral. We would do other stuff too. From what I've read, there's no way for me to know for sure if I have HPV unless I have symptoms of it. I have not experienced any genital warts or other symptoms. But a lot of men don't ever develop symptoms even though they have it. If we had sex around 10 times, what are the chances I caught it from her? If I have it, then would it always be contagious as far as passing it on to someone else? Also, from what I've read, there are no suppressant medications for it either. Is that true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 10:48 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
I was with a woman who later revealed to me she had HPV I never asked her about STDs which was stupid on my part. But I think she was still supposed to disclose that to me before we had sex either way. We had sex maybe 10 times or so. I always used a condom and she never gave me oral. We would do other stuff too. From what I've read, there's no way for me to know for sure if I have HPV unless I have symptoms of it. I have not experienced any genital warts or other symptoms. But a lot of men don't ever develop symptoms even though they have it. If we had sex around 10 times, what are the chances I caught it from her? If I have it, then would it always be contagious as far as passing it on to someone else? Also, from what I've read, there are no suppressant medications for it either. Is that true?
If you are sexually active and have never had the hpv vaccine, you probably already have it.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:07 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
OP, don't assume anything, get checked.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:16 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
OP, don't assume anything, get checked.
There is no test for hpv in men.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:17 AM

20 posts, read 36,631 times
She could had got it from you. There is no for men to test, females get this disease and can't track the guy that gave it to them. They are the victims because it can lead to cancer. My dear friend is going through this.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:50 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,053 times
Do you know how common HPV is? It's nearly impossible to know when or from who you contracted it from. There is no screening for men really other than checking for warts.

Old 11-22-2016, 06:13 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times
There are also two types of HPV. One causes warts, the other doesn't. The second one, the one known to cause cancers, especially in women, is the most common.

Most humans carry HPV. Condoms will not protect from either form, as it is skin based. The average human has a good enough immune system that the disease can lay dormant (though it's still in the air whether the dormancy stage is still contagious).

Old 11-22-2016, 09:54 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
There are also two types of HPV. One causes warts, the other doesn't. The second one, the one known to cause cancers, especially in women, is the most common.

Most humans carry HPV. Condoms will not protect from either form, as it is skin based. The average human has a good enough immune system that the disease can lay dormant (though it's still in the air whether the dormancy stage is still contagious).
No. Just no.

https://medlineplus.gov/hpv.html

Old 11-22-2016, 11:06 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Rude. Just rude.

Also, excuuuuuuse me for my gynecologist informing me of the only two to truly be concerned about. I have the type that leads to abnormal pap smears, in the way of cancer and NOT warts, so I think she's gotten me pretty well versed on hpv that leads to warts and the hpv leading to cancer risks. I think I'll listen to her and the extensive research I've done on my own and with nurse friends.

I hope whatever is making you so rude gets better.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:26 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2 View Post
Rude. Just rude...I hope whatever is making you so rude gets better.

Good grief. I didnt think suzy_q2010's post was rude at all. In fact, I thought the information in her link was very enlightening. I hope whatever is making someone so sensitive gets better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness