Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 10:25 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,289,425 times

Advertisements

Excuse me if this is the wrong place to post this but being health i thought it was.
I have a friend and she is seeing this guy, he makes a lot of strange jerky movements with his complete body and seems to not be able to sit still, his teeth are few and kinda rotten looking, he acts like he's on meth physically but mentally he seems ok, not very bright but not like he's on anything, what I don't know about meth is that you have used it a long time do you keep the characteristics of the drug even if you have been clean for a long time? I mean the physical movements and such.
I'm just curious, he seems like a good guy and all, it's just that I know everyone around him thinks he's on something and I'm pretty sure he doesn't take anything but not positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 10:52 PM

335 posts, read 1,529,710 times
Leave him alone. He probably has Turrets Syndrome.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:58 PM

2,467 posts, read 12,211,540 times
There could be a million things going on. Anti-psychotic meds can cause the jerky movements, parkinsons can, drug use (meth use) can...... He honestly could be using meth and if you don't see him when he is taking the drug he may seem OK. The shaking could also be a sign of withdrawal from the drug....

Honestly, it could be anything. Has she talked to him about it?

Old 02-26-2008, 11:12 PM

428 posts, read 2,434,810 times
I have a class with a former meth user. She's not jerky.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyM View Post
I have a class with a former meth user. She's not jerky.
Thanks thats what I was wondering.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:21 AM

18,607 posts, read 33,176,623 times
He could have cerebral palsy and just plain old bad teeth. Why hasn't she asked him about his movements?

Old 02-27-2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
He could have cerebral palsy and just plain old bad teeth. Why hasn't she asked him about his movements?
Honestly I haven't said anything to her, I feel it's not my buisness to interfere I'm just curious, I don't think it's a meth problem, he may have a medical condition because she said he divorced his wife because she was a drug addict and he does have full custody of his son.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:13 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,363,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot juice View Post
Leave him alone. He probably has Turrets Syndrome.

If he has Gilles de la Tourette Syndrome he will curse you for accusing him of using Meth.(sorry, couldn't resist).

Seriously, your suspicions can easily be ruled out with a tox screen. Many patients exhibit somatic complaints that mimic substance abuse, but have a legitimate medical etiology.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:52 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,936,653 times
I dont know what to tell you, as stated, it could be a list of things, or nothing at all.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:17 AM

1,354 posts, read 6,357,038 times
One of my sisters has dated quite a few guys on meth. Only one had jerky movements, but he was high all the time. My husband has an aunt that was on heroin for most of her teen/adult life. She is almost 50 and has been clean for about 10 years. She makes weird body movements all the time. I thought at first it was a medical condition, but in her case it was 25+ years of drugs.

I have noticed some tell tale signs of meth usage because of family, old neighbors, etc that use it:
-Little to no eye contact when talking to you.
-CRAZY conversations that don't make sense.
-They have gotten or can find you a 'deal' on anything under the sun. They are always looking for an easy way to make money and always have something going on that sounds too good to be true.
-Staying up all night doing things like cutting the front yard with sewing scissors at 3 am (my favorite neighbor when I was growing up), or painting the house at 4 am, crazy behavior, etc. But they tell you about it like its a normal thing to do.
-Sores on their bodies. I have a sister that told me it wasn't meth sores, it was scabies. I don't know which one would have been a better answer. She wonders why I have no contact with her anymore.
-Extreme weight loss. They get grey bags under their eyes, their faces get sucked up like skeletons, nasty teeth, sores, hair loss, showers aren't a must, etc.
-Hands in and out of pockets constantly, excessive scratching their body, etc.

Its gross and usually pretty easy to spot if they have been tweaking for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness