Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 12:48 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Yes, this is America: Hot Pockets, Hamburger Helper, Ding Dongs, PopUps or whatever they are called...all this fast convencience Crap. We are So Advanced, aren't we.
NO one is making anyone eat that stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 03:12 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
What's the point of it being raw? Oh I know...closer to nature...but seriously, what nutrients are lost - what if it's over easy?
When it comes to losing nutrients it doesn't make much difference if it isn't species appropriate to begin with. For example, humans digestive tracts are designed to digest plant based food and primarily fruit. So if meat or eggs or fish or cheese is cooked or uncooked, it dosen't make a dimes worth of difference. Those foods aren't meant to be consumed regularly by humans anyway ...as much as we hate to hear it.

Old 11-30-2016, 04:49 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
When it comes to losing nutrients it doesn't make much difference if it isn't species appropriate to begin with. For example, humans digestive tracts are designed to digest plant based food and primarily fruit. So if meat or eggs or fish or cheese is cooked or uncooked, it dosen't make a dimes worth of difference. Those foods aren't meant to be consumed regularly by humans anyway ...as much as we hate to hear it.
It's been a long time since we emerged from our ancient ancestors, that were basically vegetarians. We have changed in just the last 10,000 years, evidenced by how there is much less lactose-intolerance in those who come from regions where dairy cattle are common. Regional levels of intolerance to gluten are linked to less ancestral consumption of the grains that contain it.

It has also been revealed that many monkeys and apes include some animal life in their diets. We are best described as omnivores, eating food from both animal and vegetable sources. Some animal-based foods are much healthier than others, such as fish, as opposed to red meat with saturated fat. The hydrogenated fats or trans-fats are the most unhealthy, but they have crept into many processed foods.

It's not that hard to avoid an unhealthy diet, just some simple, basic knowledge and attention to the details on labels, is all that's necessary. I eat no red meat nor any eggs or saturated fat. You can make your own choices. But I'm leaner, healthier and more fit than I've ever been. The "D.A.S.H. Diet", minus the grains, is the closest to my own style of eating, as any of the popular ones are.

Old 11-30-2016, 06:36 PM

101 posts, read 159,330 times
Quote:
Not true. Many doctors believe that healthy, organic/grassfed/etc. meats and animal protein sources are vital to true health.

The Case Against Veganism Health Claims

Old 11-30-2016, 06:43 PM

101 posts, read 159,330 times
Concerning raw eggs, I've been consuming eggs raw when necessary for probably 20 years now. Never have been sick. I mainly only do so when needing a quick protein shake or when it's workout time. But out of a year I'll probably eat them raw at least 200 days out of the year. Minimum.

From my research, I learned to consume only organic, pasture-raised eggs. The salmonella risks go way down as a result. CAFO's and other similar environments where foul are raised in confinement produce sicker animals and thus unhealthier eggs.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:31 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,247,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne Cobb View Post
foul are raised in confinement produce sicker
In other words, the foulness of fowl is raised in confinement?

Old 12-01-2016, 12:32 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,436,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
You said you would rather die young than eat two raw eggs per day. But a good compromise plan might be to go ahead and eat two a day, and then, if you die young, don't eat anymore at all from then on.
Don't forget the bacon!

Old 12-01-2016, 07:58 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
I ate my first raw egg today! I am going to do one a day for a week, then bump it up to two. They don't really taste like anything and as a "Type 2 diabetic" it helps to start my a.m. with quick protein. As a bonus they contain tryptophan which helps to make me feel calm, something that I always need - lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness