Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 04:03 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,067,985 times

Advertisements

I am starting to loose my hair in my late 20s and now early 30s. I work in a job, where it's hot and I wear a hardhat all day, so maybe that contributes to it?

But is there anything I can do to get some hair back or at least stop the loss, such as maybe revivogen, or something like that? The doctor perscribed propecia to me, but I don't like the side effects and I don't like the idea of taking pills every day. I mean at least with rivivogen, you can put it on your head, as oppose to taking a pill that has to get through your entire bloodstream.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 10:21 AM

244 posts, read 235,536 times
Edgar Casey, the psychic, recommended eating potato peelings for this. I read his book about the medical remedies he recommended back in the 1970s. I happpen to like baked potato skins, so I always ate the peel when eating a baked potato. My dad and both grandfathers were bald but at 62, I still have most of my hair, although it is thinner than it was. That may have more to do with stress or testosterone levels over the years but unlike a lot of herbal or medical remedies for baldness, potato skins are pretty harmless side effect-wise.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:48 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,035,823 times
You can use Rogaine (generic = minoxidil) liquid or form applied directly to the scalp, but it really only works on the crown of the head, not at the forehead hairline where most people need it. Hair transplants are the only permanent fix now. For research: Hair Transplant and Hair Loss Restoration Clinic|Ziering

Old 12-25-2016, 07:17 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,989,910 times
Rogaine is the only thing that truly works...many forms of it!

Old 12-26-2016, 02:37 AM

Oh okay, I read that revivogen works better than Rogaine though, is that true?

Old 12-26-2016, 03:07 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Oh okay, I read that revivogen works better than Rogaine though, is that true?
Nothing works I'm afraid, not unless you spend thousands of pounds or dollars on a transplant. A short haircut is your best bet the worst thing you can do is try to 'cover up' your thinning patches, it NEVER works. I started to lose my hair in my early twenties, I was horrified! It took me a long time to come to terms with it. I stupidly thought that 'the ladies' would no longer take any interest but funnily enough I seemed to do 'better' with them when I shaved my head. Going bald is not easy but its not the end of the world either. I've often thought that Elton John looked better before he had his hair transplant, now he has hair he doesn't seem to know what to do with it, it just sort of 'hangs there', he is somebody that never seemed to be able to come to terms with hair loss. Don't despair fellow 'follically challenged' guys just last week two young ladies I work with were saying how appealing they found bald men - Yul Brynner, Vin Diesel and Jason Statham all 'tickled their fancies'.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:51 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,790,281 times
Try homeopathic silicea. You can get it at the health food store for around $10, so you're not out much if this doesn't work but it worked wonders for me. I'm a woman and I started having problems about the same age as you and I tried this and within 3 days the hair stopped falling out and it was years before it did it again and silicea worked again. It worked again, much to my surprise, when my hair started falling out again due to menopause. Make sure you're getting all your nutrients, esp B vitamins and nettles will make your hair thicker. Some swear by rubbing castor oil on your scalp at night too, but silicea is the easiest way I know to make it stop falling out.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:58 PM

Okay thanks. When you say nettles what do you mean by nettles, or how do I apply it?

Old 12-28-2016, 02:58 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,009,398 times
If you did not talk to your GP then I would say do it. Some times vitamin helps too.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:09 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Okay thanks. When you say nettles what do you mean by nettles, or how do I apply it?
If you have male pattern baldness its not going to work, nothing works, not unless you get a hair transplant for thousands of dollars, instead why not embrace the fact that your body is just going through a natural process, its not something that is easy to come to terms with I know but losing hair will have no negative affect on your life, if anything it can make life a bit easier, when I used to surf I was ready for a night out straight out of the sea, I used to pity some of my mates messing around with combs and hair gel before they could get out :-D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness