Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 07:18 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,313 times

Advertisements

Trigeminal neuralgia. Feels like I imagine getting hit in the face by lightning must feel like.

The Suicide Disease - Trigeminal Neuralgia or Tic Douloureux | Articles
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 07:20 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times
Easy to remember this one, a kidney stone. That was about 25 years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:23 AM

8,826 posts, read 15,313,301 times
It would either be pain from kidney stones or a blood clot in my leg.

I think the kidney stones were worse because you can't stop it and it's unpredictable. I couldn't stand for more than a couple of seconds before the pain became unbearable with the clot, but when I sat and got my leg up it would go away.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:04 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,080,172 times
It is a three way tie between diverticulitis, sciatica, and post surgical pain following a hysterectomy for uterine cancer. But I must say those physical pains pale in comparison to the emotional pain I experienced when my 49 year old husband died suddenly from a heart attack 15 years ago. And the grief that followed took much longer to heal than all those physical conditions combined.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:12 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Trigeminal neuralgia. Feels like I imagine getting hit in the face by lightning must feel like.

The Suicide Disease - Trigeminal Neuralgia or Tic Douloureux | Articles
once had a skin cancer removed from my upper lip a little below and to the right of my nostril and while they did use a local anesthetic, your description fits the pain I felt to a "t". I see that the image on the link you posted has those nerves right in that same area.

my first (and so far only) experience with a kidney stone caught me my surprised resulted in my first and only ride in an ambulance because of the intense pain I felt and the uncertainty of what was happening to me.

goofing off in a dept store when little with my friend Jim, I pulled up on one of those spring exercise stretchy deals while he stood on one of the handles. Jim decided it would be funny to pull his feet out and that handled smacked my little nads so hard I think I may have passed out for a few seconds

I can still feel each of those incidents as if they happened yesterday

Old 12-24-2016, 08:20 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
once had a skin cancer removed from my upper lip a little below and to the right of my nostril and while they did use a local anesthetic, your description fits the pain I felt to a "t". I see that the image on the link you posted has those nerves right in that same area.

my first (and so far only) experience with a kidney stone caught me my surprised resulted in my first and only ride in an ambulance because of the intense pain I felt and the uncertainty of what was happening to me.

goofing off in a dept store when little with my friend Jim, I pulled up on one of those spring exercise stretchy deals while he stood on one of the handles. Jim decided it would be funny to pull his feet out and that handled smacked my little nads so hard I think I may have passed out for a few seconds

I can still feel each of those incidents as if they happened yesterday
The trigeminal nerve is where they injected the anesthetic for that procedure Ghengis. Hopefully your pain subsided quickly. Some people have this intense pain every day for years.

Although I've never had a kidney stone, I've known plenty of folks who had. Sorry for the suffering you experienced.

As for your other experience, I think I passed out from pain briefly too, when I had my nose pierced. Maybe equally sensitive areas? LOL!

Old 12-24-2016, 08:36 AM

3,680 posts, read 2,963,150 times
Watching the decline of America 2000-2016.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:39 AM

247 posts, read 254,013 times
I suffer from cluster headaches,worst pain known to man.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:45 AM

25,558 posts, read 17,263,106 times
Kidney stone.

But I gotta comment; I would take five kidney stones rather than go through some of the things I have read here.

Emotional pain trumps them all. The bout I had with depression has taught me that. I am sure I am not alone in declaring my preference for five kidney stones rather than repeat certain emotional events in my life.
I would even volunteer for a kidney stone if we could go back to 2000 and do over.

God Bless Us All.

Old 12-24-2016, 11:58 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,805,597 times
Gall bladder attacks had to be the worst. Thankfully I had that sucker removed so I haven't had to deal with any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness