Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2016, 07:58 AM

186 posts, read 128,802 times

Advertisements

What are the best ways to treat this condition? It doesn't qualify for surgery. Are there back braces for this? Also I have scoliosis and it's less than 10 degrees. The winged scapula I was told is mild but my entire life I was teased for having a crooked back and even as an adult and it's embarrassing and that's the main reason why I am restricted to not dating and having female friends because when I do they always laugh at my back. One of them even called me hunch back. That's why I just stay alone. I don't understand why is it that people get unnecessary surgeries like body modifications like I heard a guy who got some other guy's arms attached to his stomach so the idiot is walking around with his own 2 arms plus some other guy's arm on his stomach, don't know why though. In my situation is not only about appearance but function, it's hard to bend down and pick up things and when I do my entire back is so freaking curved and I am reaching down hard to pick up things. So one person can get a stupid surgery when it's not even needed and will make his daily life function worse but in my situation it causes me to struggle physically and affects me emotionally and yet I don't qualify for surgery? What the hell yo? that doesn't make any sense at all. And the winged scapula is the one I would want to get surgery for first. The doctor told me there is NOTHING that can be done since it's a structural problem, meaning it's just how it is. It's been getting worse throughout the years so I am supposed to wait until it gets worse to do something about it when right now I can since I have a job and health insurance and it's not guarantee I will in the future? This is why I have to wear sweatshirts and jackets even in the summer. It doesn't look normal at all. It's disgusting and has called me depression in my life. Even my own mom told me I should do something about it and when I told her what the doctor said (I went to 3 doctors who said the same thing) she couldn't believe it. The chiropractors only offer a gimmick solution which is to make it look less sticking out by posture techniques and they themselves admit it will only have a 10% improvement in appearance but admit it will change 0% since it's just a trick, not a real permanent solution, a trick solution like what magicians do. What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 12:43 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
There are surgeries depending on the cause, which you left out. Also PT can help in some cases. Google it to learn more.

Old 12-24-2016, 01:08 PM

186 posts, read 128,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
There are surgeries depending on the cause, which you left out. Also PT can help in some cases. Google it to learn more.
it's the same thing with chiropractor, actually the chiropractor will do a better job since that is his speciality but like I said before it's just the use of trickery and deception

Old 12-24-2016, 01:28 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,557,269 times
Killer,
I would love to comment more with something helpful but you must parse the sentences into paragraphs. Just hit the 'enter key.' I just can't read something so close together like that anymore. My old eyes lose track of the space

What I would like to know, from reading the title and the first few sentences, is have you sought out more than one opinion as per doctors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness