Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you circumcised/intact and are you married/single?
I'm circumcised and married 30 55.56%
I'm circumcised and single 13 24.07%
Intact and married 6 11.11%
Intact and single 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 10:26 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,473,271 times

Advertisements

Personally, I prefer the look of a banana without the peel. I've dated both circed and non-circed men and I prefer the former. Of course, it's the guy's decision and I'd respect that. Just stating my preference. My husband is circed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 05:27 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
In America, we put down Muslims for genitally-mutilating their daughters, but we do it to our sons routinely. Although I would not know about this directly, they say that when one is ready for action, you can't tell the difference. The warhead gets unsheathed, regardless of whether the flap has been plucked.

About my own experience at age 3, I was not informed about anything, both before and afterwards. I was placed in a surgical chair and my life was put at risk, by fully anesthetizing me with the primitive ether gas. When I woke up, my poor little unit hurt like hell and did so for several days. My pleas for an explanation, were ignored. Discussions regarding any such subject, were not allowed at our house. I was treated just like a head of livestock in a pasture, with a knife taken to his genitals, at the pleasure of his masters.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:34 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,946 times
Enough with the mutilation drama. It is not mutilation. Not even close. If you don't want to do it or have it done to your sons, then don't but quit trying to convince the rest of us that is is somehow preferable or more natural. If your parents made that decision for you and you wish they hadn't, just accept yourself as you are and get on with your life. They made many many decisions for you as they thought best.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:05 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Enough with the mutilation drama. It is not mutilation. Not even close. If you don't want to do it or have it done to your sons, then don't but quit trying to convince the rest of us that is is somehow preferable or more natural. If your parents made that decision for you and you wish they hadn't, just accept yourself as you are and get on with your life. They made many many decisions for you as they thought best.

Just because I've gotten on with my life and given this issue little thought, doesn't make it right that parents are able to impose life-long bodily changes on their helpless young children. In fact, my parents never made a decision for me, that they didn't think was in their best interests.

This surgery is dangerous, not only because of the anesthetic, but possible infection. They have been using some automatic foreskin clippers and once in a while, a horrible mistake is made and the whole apparatus is lopped off. Another method is to cauterize the foreskin. One unfortunate boy had this happen and the whole organ was burned into a crisp. A crazy doctor recommended later, that he take out his testicles also and that he be raised as a girl. The child was about 11 years old, before the truth was learned and full conversion to a male identity, came at age 15. Read the sad story at the link below. The depraved, forced behavior the doctor imposed on him and his twin brother, is very disturbing. One good outcome, is that this case sparked a strong rejection of circumcision in Canada and it is now uncommon there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 02-06-2017 at 10:32 PM..

Old 02-07-2017, 06:57 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
The procedure is quite simple and painless and involves freezing the area then 35-40 minutes of repeated snip, cauterize, stitch, ending up with about 20 stitches and no foreskin.IMO a procedure that only needs to be done if its a medical necessity later in life..

Old 02-07-2017, 08:06 AM

602 posts, read 504,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
I'd agree with you if the person making the choice was also the individual having the procedure done, but parents should not have the right to force a procedure on a child that cannot consent which is irreversible, may have an impact on their lives later on, and not of an urgent medical necessity.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:47 AM

6,321 posts, read 7,042,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My FIL fought in WW2 and in Germany. He told stories of how the Nazis would pull down the pants of POW's to see if they were circumcised, and be identified as Jewish.
My father was almost summarily executed TWICE by the Germans during WWII. The fact, he was not circumcised saved his life each time.

It is mutilation....no matter what the AMA says.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:16 PM

965 posts, read 938,689 times
As a mother I had to fight like h*ll to not allow my son to be circumcised 30 years ago. I did my thing research, AND I walked past a baby boy being circumcised a few years earlier while in the hospital. I will never forget that sound, and then silence. At that time they were using a bell & wire I think they called it, WITHOUT anesthesia... it didn't hurt babies "within 48 hours after being born" Sigh, so barbaric.

The only other person I knew at the time who 100% agreed with me was a pediatric nurse, who did not have her boys circumcised either (for the same reason).

As a teen my son was somewhat annoyed by being different, until we moved, and he found there were others like him now he says he is thankful.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:45 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,648,815 times
You can't draw any conclusions on the impact of circumcision on the likelihood of marriage. Marriage is nearly universal; pretty much everyone who wants to get married winds up getting married, sometimes multiple times. I don't believe circumcision makes a difference in that outcome.

I also absolutely don't believe men who claim that they feel some kind of grievous loss or reduced pleasure as a result of circumcision. I think it's just fiction.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:04 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
My father was almost summarily executed TWICE by the Germans during WWII. The fact, he was not circumcised saved his life each time.

It is mutilation....no matter what the AMA says.
Nope, not mutilation. If it were, doctors would refuse to do it.

It is also covered in my book "Complete Guide to Symptoms, Illness and Surgery."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness