Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 10:38 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,697,470 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the speedy responses. My husband actually had a seizure this past Wednesday in front of his primary care physician. It's been crazy!

Have a great week.
Thank you

QUOTE=jerseyj;47002878]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
He hasn't worked at all since he was put on SSDI. He has seizures & arthritis. He has no drivers license, no car.
His primary doctor just sent a letter to ssdi stating that in her opinion he cannot work.

I'm just nervous because I read on google that ssdi makes the decision not my husbands doctors.

The criteria for meeting disability is clearly written and adhered to by DDS workers.
His review will be carefully considered by another reviewer with the same criteria, so if things are the same as in the first determination he will have nothing to worry about. His Doctors provide facts and data not decisions.

If the review decision is unfavourable he can appeal, the appeal is heard by an Administrative Law Judge and they do not have to adhere to any criteria.

I know how stressful this process is but try to remain positive for both of your sakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 08:38 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,697,470 times
Hi everyone,

My husbands review started in late November 2017. We live in Nevada. But my husbands review was sent to Arkansas because Nevada was to overwhelmed with reviews.

Today I called SSDI in Arkansas & they said a decision was made on Friday 1-27-17 . But SSDI didn't even receive my husbands doctors seizure report or the doctors migraine report. We tracked it & it won't arrive until today or tomorrow. Any form they sent me we returned within 24-48 hours.

So my question - is a decision without SSDI having my husbands seizure report or EEG results a positive or negative for me as far as a decision? SSDI said they can't verbally tell me what their decision was. SSDI said wait for the decision letter in the mail.

Very nervous 😩 please reply!!!

Thank you

Old 01-30-2017, 07:22 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,055,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Hi everyone,

My husbands review started in late November 2017. We live in Nevada. But my husbands review was sent to Arkansas because Nevada was to overwhelmed with reviews.

Today I called SSDI in Arkansas & they said a decision was made on Friday 1-27-17 . But SSDI didn't even receive my husbands doctors seizure report or the doctors migraine report. We tracked it & it won't arrive until today or tomorrow. Any form they sent me we returned within 24-48 hours.

So my question - is a decision without SSDI having my husbands seizure report or EEG results a positive or negative for me as far as a decision? SSDI said they can't verbally tell me what their decision was. SSDI said wait for the decision letter in the mail.

Very nervous 😩 please reply!!!

Thank you
Unless you have medical Power of Attorney for your husband no one can tell you anything about his medical condition.
No one at SSDI can tell you anything about his claim, wait for the letter.

If his condition has changed since he went under review that can be a valid reason for appeal.
His SSDI payment will not be interrupted during this review process.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:34 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,811,050 times
I have been recieving SSDI for 12 yrs now and once I got approved they never contacted my doctors at all.

Every 5 yrs they will send a CDR letter (continuing disability review)
They ask if your health has improved and if you and your doctor have talked about returning to work.
There is a comment section also.
You sign it and date it and mail it back.

Very Rarely do they contact your doctors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness