Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 06:40 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Not at all, but it certainly tastes different after you've brushed your teeth! Have you ever drunk orange juice after brushing your teeth? Ugh!
Nothing like mint flavored orange juice!

Showering at night so as not to drag dust and dirt into the bed. Easier to wash me before bed then strip the sheets every morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2017, 07:54 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,572,039 times
No. Coffee is always first.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:09 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,600,127 times
I have to have my shower in the morning. It's my only real indulgence and it wakes me up!

Old 03-03-2017, 12:36 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidgirl View Post
Do you hit the shower as soon as you wake up?
Or do you lounge around for hours before taking the plunge?

Does you routine differ on weekends ?
In the apartments, I probably did.

In the rental house, no but that was probably because I slept downstairs while the master shower was upstairs.

Out on the ranch, no, for two main reasons. First of all, I try to set the phone with alarm a little distance from the bed so I have to get up to turn it off. In the immediate past, that's been out in the great room but I've been trying to get away from that practice by having the bedroom door closed for fire safety (trying to get all three pets into the bedroom can be difficult).

So that has meant that I step out into the great room into the stark silence and darkness that surrounds the ranch house. That "emergence", despite the something of the shock feeling to it, I rather like. Even though the phone is now, somewhere, in the bedroom "complex" with me, I still like stepping out into the great room first. Just past that moment, I am usually getting the coffee going, a perk pot on the stove top.

Secondly, it takes a little while for the shower to warm up so there is no great rush to jump into it.

On the weekends a different routine? Well, sort of, but for imaginary literary reasons. Given my night worker type life, my showers during the weekend tend to align with the heroine in a story taking her shower late at night and all alone (before sitting down to read the mail which starts the adventure).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I shower before bed. I don't like going to bed dirty. I don't sweat excessively or anything while I sleep so I'm not concerned about smelling at work. I practice good hygiene to avoid this.
This can be one of those things that show the difference between day and night people. No criticizing but just observing.

Thursday, I had to go to the neighboring city. I got home from my shift, dressed for bed, and crashed for 2 hours. Got up, prepped, 6 hours in travel mode, got home, ate, and then the bed routine again, crashing for another 4 hours before starting the day again.

When your sleep time is during the day especially if the schedule changes from day to day or doesn't have a schedule at all, crashing to get the maximum sleep that one can may be the only priority.

BUT, to each their own in particular choices. I can easily sleep in my clothes but if I can, I opt to change into a sleep shirt. For whatever it may do to my sleep quality, I find one gives the most fantastic dream quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I usually roll of of bed, walk out my patio door and jump into the pool. I swim laps every morning and night... rain or shine. Afterwards I have my coffee and then I shower. It's become a ritual.
That reminds me of a story my father told me about a certain officer in the BOQ. Each morning, said officer would get up, go running down the walk with his dogs, run down the stairs, leap over the railings, and off they go to do their miles.

Well, one night, he was re roomed from the 2nd floor to the 3rd. The next morning, they got up and did their same routine, right over the railing on the second floor. None of them were injured (somehow) but it was quite a surprise (probably an eye opening wake up one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
My ex girlfriend was like that. She showered at least three times a day, but she worked in the printing industry and was always getting ink and other nasty stuff on her. At least that's what I kept telling myself. She showered so often she had absolutely no smell at all; you know the slight scent your loved one has that makes you recognize them? Nothing.

Eventually my instincts and my sniffer kept telling me she was seeing another woman behind my back. Soon after, I discovered I was right. The moral of the story is: beware of the partner who takes too many showers.
Reminds me of 2 and a half movies/TV shows. In Buffy the VS, The Pack, Xander observes by his enhanced jackal sense of smell that Buffy has bathed. Buffy, slightly surprised, "Yeah, I-I often do, I'm actually known for it."

Secondly and a half, it reminds me of "The Diamond Mercenaries" where Peter Fonda, days out in the desert, is found by his girlfriend just soaking it up in the shower but more directly, "Firefox" where Clint Eastwood asks if anyone would believe that he is taking a shower for 5 hours and the response is that no one is going to see him showering for 5 hours just that anytime anyone checks on him, he's in the shower.

The point is, especially in the latter flicks, that for anyone with a rough and tumble life, taking a shower is not a chore but more of a pleasure. Further, in some arenas of life, it may be the only pleasure that one has.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 03-03-2017 at 01:03 AM..

Old 03-03-2017, 04:30 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
I feed the cat as soon as I wake up. THEN, and only then, am I permitted to take my shower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
me too, but I can't take too long or she starts head butting the bathroom door.
You guys have really patient cats. I don't feed my cat as soon as I wake up because I've already been forced to get up in the middle of the night to feed her. Also, I can't shower with the door closed because she likes to come in.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:40 AM

2,346 posts, read 1,394,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I shower before work, immediately after work, and before/after athletic activity.
Same routine...I need a morning shower to get going weekdays.

Old 03-03-2017, 05:58 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,570,751 times
For most of my teen and adult life, I showered as soon as I woke up.
But my husband's work schedule changed about 10 years ago, so did my routine.
Now I have to wait for him to wake up before I shower so I don't wake him, or shower the night before, which I really don't care for.
I miss my routine of having my shower before doing anything else. It was a nice, refreshing way to start the day.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:39 AM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times
Yes, I shower as soon as I get up. There's no way to calm down my hair besides to wash it. Depending on my day I sometimes take a shower at night as well.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:27 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
No, I shower at night. It seems unpleasant to me to wallow in bed still dirty from the day's activities.
Oh, you work in a coal mine or a factory? I always think it odd to hear people say they don't want to get in bed dirty from the day's activities. For most of us the day's activities involve little more than driving to work and sitting in an office all days.

I could understand this if someone worked as a car mechanic or outside in the heat all day.

When I worked full time I showered as soon as I got up; I didn't have a lot of time to dilly dally. Now, I get up, make my bed, feed the cat, have my coffee, get here on CD, then shower and go to work at 11 a.m. (2 days a week). On days I don't work I may shower even later, after I go to the gym. Occasionally I will take a bath at night.

Old 03-03-2017, 12:14 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,029,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
How do people eat breakfast before brushing their teeth?

Doesn't food taste different with morning breath?
Doesn't food taste different with toothpaste breath?

Besides, it's way more practical to clean your teeth AFTER you eat, otherwise, what's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness