Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 12:17 PM

3,545 posts, read 6,032,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Oh, you work in a coal mine or a factory? I always think it odd to hear people say they don't want to get in bed dirty from the day's activities. For most of us the day's activities involve little more than driving to work and sitting in an office all days.

I could understand this if someone worked as a car mechanic or outside in the heat all day.

When I worked full time I showered as soon as I got up; I didn't have a lot of time to dilly dally. Now, I get up, make my bed, feed the cat, have my coffee, get here on CD, then shower and go to work at 11 a.m. (2 days a week). On days I don't work I may shower even later, after I go to the gym. Occasionally I will take a bath at night.
Just because you don't get sweaty or dirty over the course of your day doesn't mean other folks don't. I always think it odd to hear people say "well, I don't do that, so it's weird that other people DO"....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 01:43 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
The more you shower the more wrinkles you get.

Old 03-03-2017, 03:07 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
I get up at 5:30 am M-F. I make breakfast for us both and a sandwich for DH to take to work. DH is taking his shower and what not then around 6:30 am I shower because at this point my DH has left to go to work. On weekends I get up around 8:30 am and maybe jump in the shower about 2 hours later.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:03 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,884,676 times
Never in the morning. I don't need that or coffee to wake up.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:36 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,533,643 times
I never had any desire to take a shower at any time other than at night so that I go to bed clean. After reading this thread I'm wondering if I'm in the minority in that I don't take a shower in the morning.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:43 PM

365 posts, read 258,245 times
I don't care to go to bed if I feel 'dirty'.

Another vote for bathing in the evening.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:23 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
How do people eat breakfast before brushing their teeth?

Doesn't food taste different with morning breath?
I floss the night before, and brush with a little baking soda in the morning. After coffee, breakfast, whatever, I brush with toothpaste. If I'd wanted mint flavored coffee, I would have made that.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You guys have really patient cats. I don't feed my cat as soon as I wake up because I've already been forced to get up in the middle of the night to feed her. Also, I can't shower with the door closed because she likes to come in.
People with cats shower with the door closed?

Old 03-03-2017, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Oh, you work in a coal mine or a factory? I always think it odd to hear people say they don't want to get in bed dirty from the day's activities. For most of us the day's activities involve little more than driving to work and sitting in an office all days.

I could understand this if someone worked as a car mechanic or outside in the heat all day.

When I worked full time I showered as soon as I got up; I didn't have a lot of time to dilly dally. Now, I get up, make my bed, feed the cat, have my coffee, get here on CD, then shower and go to work at 11 a.m. (2 days a week). On days I don't work I may shower even later, after I go to the gym. Occasionally I will take a bath at night.
My son's a mechanic. His big shower of the day is after work.

While I've never worked a really dirty job, I still shower in the evening most of the time. After being out all day and around many people, I need to wash that off. I find it very relaxing, too.

Weekends, holidays, and vacations are all over the place.

Old 03-04-2017, 02:26 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times
It all depends

On work days or days when I'm going somewhere, I'm showering within a few minutes of waking up. On non-work days or if I'm going to the beach or going surfing, cutting the grass first, etc. I don't shower until after I get home or once I'm done mowing the yard. Some people, like every girl I've ever been with, prefer to shower and put make up on before they go to the beach and then again after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness