Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:02 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,911,316 times

Advertisements

I'm a little shocked... my husband might wear a pair of jeans twice before I can wash them, but 5 times?! Eww! I guess I just must be the odd person out... I wash everything everytime someone in this house wears it (even for a few hours)... guess this explains why I'm always doing laundry!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 11:07 AM

23,800 posts, read 33,287,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Dang, I wish I had someone like you around!
Only laundry I dislike is whites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Water bill isn't bad. We live in Phoenix and pay under $40/mo, usually around $35 (me and hubby) and Phoenix is considered high.

My Mom lives in TX and she pays I think around $10, definitely under $20/mo and that's a family of 4.
Heck, I bet for us with 2 kids, one that likes long hot showers and another that can bathe 2 times per day, we're dead with the water bill. lol

Old 03-05-2008, 11:39 AM

4,271 posts, read 15,220,445 times
lol ... I don't like whites, either, Roselvr!

Old 03-05-2008, 03:37 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,958,771 times
I will wear pants twice if they're not dirty... but my jeans stretch out too much after just one wearing. So even if I only wear them for a few hours, I have to wash and dry them in order to get them to fit me again. Ugh, I hate the end of the day when they're baggy, I feel like a frump. (We live in Florida, so I only have one pair of jeans (I normally wear capris)... maybe it's time for a new, smaller pair!)

Old 03-09-2008, 11:48 PM

9,245 posts, read 11,002,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b75 View Post
Umm no. Although I think single men are more likely to do that then anyone else I would guess. But yuck...
One wearing and they go to the washer in my house. I can feel the funk if I put on a pair of jeans, or a shirt, the next day.

To each his own, to me it's just hygiene 101.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:56 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,208,904 times
I'll wear a pair of jeans twice, but that's it. A blouse once or twice. If it's hot out, i wear things once and into the hamper they go.
I do my own laundry, once a week, so either way it doesn't matter how much or how little I wear in a week.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:15 PM

269 posts, read 809,614 times
Quote:
Oh,my 3 year old just started doing that! She changes clothes 10 times a day.Even several times an hour!I have given up on neat drawers and just throw the clothes back in.
LOL. My 4 year old does that too! My grandmother who babysits while I'm working tells me (by the time I get home at 6PM) that she's changed about 10 times that day! Of course this is one of those prissy/angel/princess little girls who also goes around all day asking everyone if she looks pretty (with what she's wearing). I SOOO would hate to see how she ends up as a teenager. My grandmother (thank God I have this help) does a load of just my daughter's laundry every day! Although I keep telling her to either tell her to stop changing her clothes, or just don't put it in the laundry (Not only does it waste water and detergent, she's wasting electricity too!) she still insists on washing things over and over again! And yes, we too have resorted to just stuffing her clothes in the dresser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness