U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2017, 12:29 PM

6 posts, read 4,442 times

Advertisements

I will try to be detailed as possible and might even inlude things that may have no relation to my symptoms. I am 41 years old 5'8" and 270lbs(obese) but still young enough to keep very mobile. I have been suffering with a heavy-headed feeling, tightness of skin from ears to eyes and across forehead for 8 months with no definitive diagnosis.

In late April of 2016, I had stumbled and fell while coaching little league baseball. I did some damage to my knee and shin. Because of that fall, I got cellulitis in my lower leg. I didnt see a doctor till the end of May. I was diagnosed with cellulitis and was given antibiotics. It didnt work so went back to doctors and got a scrip for a different antibiotic. Didnt work. Right after the second round of antibiotics I went to the emergency room with bad acid reflux and heart palpitations. This was mid June. They searched my body from the neck down for blood clots, got a blood test, urine test and ekg and they checked my kidneys. There were no issues and sent home with a scrip of antibiotics for the cellulitis and acid reflux scrip.The third scrip helped the cellulitis but made the acid reflux worse.

Fast forward to mid-July. At this point I was feeling better and went on an 8 hour offshore fishing trip with my son. After getting back to the dock, I started to feel very fatigued and drove an hour home with serious brain fog. I got home and collapsed on my bed and slept for 8 hours. When I woke up, I felt like death and like I never slept. I figured the feeling would go away soon with a few good nights of sleep.

I finally had a chance to see my primary doc on Aug 13th who did another blood test and checked my thyroid. Still no problems. I was referred to a neurologist. I didnt see the neurologist until September 8 where I was given a take home sleep study that confirmed I had sleep apnea. I did an in office sleep study in mid October to determine what cpap I needed. I finally received the cpap machine right after Thanksgiving and thought this was going to be the answer to all my health issues. After 45 days(mid January), I actually felt worse and my primary decided to put me on Zoloft 50mg to see if it would make me feel better. I am currently on the Zoloft and still feel terrible even though my wife likes the delayed ejaculation I also had an eye exam with no issues 20/20 vision.

Current: I still wake up everyday with tightness in forehead and behind eyes and a fatigue type of feeling. I have no motivation and still no answers. Think of a bad sinus infection without the pain.

I do play a lot of online video games but I do exercise 3 times a week and have lost 13lbs since the beginning of January.

There is a head MRI scheduled for March 13th.

Has anyone dealt with anything like this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness