Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 05:37 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I read their not good for asthma sufferers.. but thats good that some can be turned off... Ive just ordered the small one for home and car.. with the adaptor too.. should be here tomorrow or Monday.. as I need it right away for the new car as its howling with plastic and other smells.

That new-car stench will naturally dissipate quiet quickly. Leave one of the car-windows slightly cracked at night, it will go a long way toward reducing that chemical odor.

A think a small percentage of people have minor problems when exposed to an active ionizer......but the ions dissipate quiet quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 09:41 AM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
That new-car stench will naturally dissipate quiet quickly. Leave one of the car-windows slightly cracked at night, it will go a long way toward reducing that chemical odor.

A think a small percentage of people have minor problems when exposed to an active ionizer......but the ions dissipate quiet quickly.
thanks ticky, but I have MCS and very sensitive to chemical smells and can become really ill with many symptoms.. last car we had new , I had to leave the windows open when it was a dry day and let it air for hours, it still took weeks before I stopped feeling sick and dizzy... I just hope the HEPA air purifier helps.... its for dust. pollen, VOCs formadehyde and some others, pricey but worth it if it works..

Old 12-31-2017, 09:21 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
What's the latest consensus on running the air ionizer that comes with many air purifiers these days? They have so many features these days. They have the option of turning it off now. I heard it's okay to run the ionizer feature if no one is in the room? This is the one I may get:

https://www.amazon.com/AeraMax-Purif.../dp/B00D8Y1YNC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
I think I will only run the ionizer feature if no one is in the house. Otherwise, will run it without it. The main feature I like about the purifier is the carbon filter and it's ability to get rid of kitchen cooking odors.

Along that line, what do people think of Ozium spray? This thing works like a charm and gets rid of ANY odor. But websites state there is a lot of bad health issues. Is it okay to spray this in a room, and then give it an hour before going into the room again? Has great reviews on Amazon and everyone loves it

https://www.amazon.com/Ozium-Sanitiz...A1UMBRA5ZTBCX8
What did you decide on? I have the same issue with kitchen cooking odors and need a good solution. I’m going to try a low tech method of boiling water and vinegar on a hot plate first and see how that works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness