Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 03:18 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
It's called the "knowledge circle"...and it's there for anyone who really wants to know.

The "knowledge circle".....what's that?....friends or relatives who know where the nearest drug dealer hangs out?

Sorry, I don't know any people with that kind of knowledge.

So, what's my next move?

Let's assume I am elderly and very will, what do I do, go hang out on a street corner in the seedy side of town with a pocket full of cash in the middle of the night?.....asking complete strangers if they know anyone who could sell me some fentanyl?

Mmmmm, yeah, I'm sure that will end well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 07:33 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,334,553 times
The right to die in a peaceful way will never be legal. There's too much money to be made by the pharmaceutical companies that make the drugs that keep us alive even if that means quality of life is not there.

They have a crap ton of power. Money speaks loudest

Old 04-03-2017, 07:45 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,599,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
I don't understand this question. Everyone knows about suicide.

Why must people get all dramatic about this and call it right to die. People have been killing themselves since time began.
Because suicide should be easier. When I've gone under anesthesia, it's always been fun for me. I don't see why I can't be legally allowed to die like that. Just inject me with something (heck, I'll be happy to inject it myself), I drift off peacefully and die, and that'll be the end of it. But I think I should have the legal right to do that whenever I want to- not just when I'm terminally ill. They can require counseling sessions for a certain period of time to make sure that people are certain about their decision. They can make the injection expensive if they want to. I'd much rather spend money on an instant death injection instead of spending money to waste away in a nursing home or hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino1 View Post
The right to die in a peaceful way will never be legal. There's too much money to be made by the pharmaceutical companies that make the drugs that keep us alive even if that means quality of life is not there.

They have a crap ton of power. Money speaks loudest
Sad.

Last edited by Amelie90; 04-03-2017 at 07:59 AM..

Old 04-03-2017, 08:18 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,334,553 times
It is sad. It's also deplorable in many cases.

Old 04-03-2017, 02:32 PM

883 posts, read 518,809 times
I am for the right to die, my cousin recently passed away from Lou Gerig disease..Terrible

Old 04-10-2017, 09:15 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,269,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The "knowledge circle".....what's that?....friends or relatives who know where the nearest drug dealer hangs out?

Sorry, I don't know any people with that kind of knowledge.

So, what's my next move?

Let's assume I am elderly and very will, what do I do, go hang out on a street corner in the seedy side of town with a pocket full of cash in the middle of the night?.....asking complete strangers if they know anyone who could sell me some fentanyl?

Mmmmm, yeah, I'm sure that will end well.
Easy...go die in a hospice...they can sedate you and then starve and dehydrate you to death.
"Mmmmm, yeah, I'm sure that will end well".
http://www.lifenews.com/2015/03/30/i...-day-she-died/

You're not interested in knowing how to take care of it yourself...that's your problem...not mine, and it shouldn't be anyone else's either.

Last edited by purehuman; 04-10-2017 at 09:37 AM..

Old 04-10-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DulceJ View Post
I am for the right to die, my cousin recently passed away from Lou Gerig disease..Terrible
I'm for "the right to die" too.....we all already have that....it's called suicide, and it's illegal because no money can be made from it.....who's gonna stop you?
Make suicide legal....not murder by strangers.

Last edited by purehuman; 04-10-2017 at 09:29 AM..

Old 04-10-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Here is what happens when people do-it-yourself: Hazmat Risk for First Responders OR: Suicide Car Accidents: Drivers who are involved in Accidents Intending to Kill Themselves OR Attempted Suicide Horrors - Suicide.org! Attempted Suicide Horrors - Suicide.org! Attempted Suicide Horrors - Suicide.org!.

People do not think of the other person or what happens if they are unsuccessful - they are suicidal and many are in pain. In 2001 we took a trip to the Grand Canyon and were told that 10 to 12 people go over the edge every year. They do not have guardrails and it is one mile down to the bottom; some, I am sure, are accidents. The ones that are suicides jeopardize the lives of our search and rescue teams and probably cost tens of thousands of dollars to recover the body.

To many this subject is all about exposure. When we are young we do not come into contact with that many dying - except from accidental death. It is only as we age that we see more and more of our family and friends subject 'medical suicide' wasting away in our hospitals and hospices. I encourage anybody, that has ever wondered about the end, to spend a day in a hospice. Then come back and tell us if that is the way they want to meet their maker. There has to be a better (legal) way!
People have been successfully killing themselves for AGES....sure, some screw up..but that's because we're human.
Suicide doesn't "jeopardize the lives of search and rescue"....that's part of their job, just like a policeman faces jeopardy in his job, or a fireman..same thing. No-one says you have to take that job...lots of people would be glad to replace the ones who feel their job is too dangerous.
No doctor should be involved in the purposely taking of life.

You say "there has to be a better way"...there is, it's just not "legal", but do you think the dead guys gonna care about legalities...not!!!

Old 04-10-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Easy...go die in a hospice...they can sedate you and then starve and dehydrate you to death.
"Mmmmm, yeah, I'm sure that will end well".
I Will Never Forget the Look of Horror on My Sister Terri Schiavo's Face the Day She Died | LifeNews.com

You're not interested in knowing how to take care of it yourself...that's your problem...not mine, and it shouldn't be anyone else's either.

Not interested?

You said it was easy to get an illegal drug to inject to kill yourself, I contend that for many people it isn't.

Your flippant attitude towards the ease of obtaining illegal drugs to commit suicide says a lot about you.

1. the kind of people you have in your "circle of knowledge".

2. your inability to empathize and realize that not everyone is in YOUR situation.

It is very self-centered not to acknowledge that different people have different circumstances.

Just because illegal drugs are easy for you to obtain does not mean they would be easy for everyone to obtain.

Unlike you, I can imagine myself in someone else's situation and wonder how I would manage to kill myself if I was bedridden, etc., that someone may find themselves unable to use a gun or a rope, unable to obtain illegal drugs, unable to jump in front of a train and realize that even though they cannot accomplish the deed unaided they still deserve a death with dignity.

You fail to realize that in a matter of seconds you could find yourself unable to leave your bed or even use a phone. In your case, I imagine you would have no problem asking a loved one to put themselves at risk by helping you out, but, I can assure you, most people would not.....and that is why assisted suicide should be legal.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
People have been successfully killing themselves for AGES....sure, some screw up..but that's because we're human.
Suicide doesn't "jeopardize the lives of search and rescue"....that's part of their job, just like a policeman faces jeopardy in his job, or a fireman..same thing. No-one says you have to take that job...lots of people would be glad to replace the ones who feel their job is too dangerous.
No doctor should be involved in the purposely taking of life.

You say "there has to be a better way"...there is, it's just not "legal", but do you think the dead guys gonna care about legalities...not!!!
Once again you are wrong.

Case in point......if you set your house on fire ON PURPOSE and a fireman dies fighting that fire, you are going to find yourself charged with manslaughter or worse. It is not OK to take the lives of first responders for granted just because of the nature of their jobs.

Search and rescue lives should not unnecessarily be put in jeopardy and people should not have to discover their dead loved one hanging from a rope or lying in a pool of blood with their brains spattered all over the room.

Assisted suicide is all about caring and empathy, not only for the deceased, but for everyone else involved.

And, just as people have been killing themselves for ages, people have been getting sick and dying for ages.....but that hasn't stopped society from making the process of dying more humane.....and there is no reason suicide should be excluded from that kind of progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness