Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 07:01 PM

173 posts, read 111,332 times

Advertisements

The OP is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 09:48 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,827,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610
This *news* is several years old and known by most if not all that have paid attention to it throughout the last several years.
Yes its getting disgustingly hard to avoid this garbage!!

At least most tell you if thier stuff is GMO or Part GMO now. (I guess thats better than nothing)

Old 03-23-2017, 09:52 PM

102,191 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Ever heard of the weed killer Roundup? If you eat non-organic corn or soy, chances are that you are consuming it on a regular basis. Over 90% of Corn and 85% of Soy in the US is grown with GMO seeds which are engineered to withstand high levels of herbicides while killing all the weeds surrounding them. All just to make more money and you have one main company to thank for it, Monsanto, the makers of Roundup. It doesn't stop there, most grain fed livestock or farmed seafood is fed the same corn.

GMO Health Risks: What The Scientific Evidence Says

GMO Foods Knowingly Cause Cancer in Rats - Are You Eating it?

Top 7 Genetically Modified Crops | The Huffington Post
Are you aware that GMO corn and soy were developed to make pesticides obsolete, by building the pesticide into the plant, itself? You're missing that part of the picture. GMO's 101.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:54 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,673,340 times
The OP suffers from evangelical orthorexia. Sufferers are best kept in a quiet place away from other people.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:17 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,469,216 times
Hey Larry, last time I checked this was called the "health and wellness forum". Forgive me for being on topic and ruffling your feathers. Thanks for going out of your way to point that out. My post was strictly FYI, no name calling is necessary. So I guess you're the opposite of orthorexic? or in other words "someone who doesn't give a crap" what they eat or "someone that never eats for long term health". Notice there isn't a fancy word for that.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Oh, how I wish glyphosate was safe... or anything made by Monsanto.
I wish I was still ignorant.

Before glyphosate...I never ate corn because of the myotoxins...specifically aflatoxin
or maybe it's aflotoxin...the thing found in the dry dog food
that killed those pets in the NE area, USA.
When I heard aflatoxin at 6am on CNA my eyes popped open...I had not had a corn product in years
because of just that! (Way before the dogs died.)

You think it's easy buying organic all the time and not eating chips?
It isn't....I loved being in the dark and eating Mexican food with corn tortillas!
I don't eat processed food, don't even walk up aisles with boxes...so no corn syrup
slipping into anything, either.

All grass feed, wild caught, org everything for me.
And organic has it's problems, too, I know !

I am thrilled for those with no problems, tho! May it last forever!

Anyone not aware that Third World countries do not have restrictions on chemicals
already banned in the US? If nothing else buy certified org coffee, guys.
Ya think I like having to do that, either...I don't. But, oh well.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 03-24-2017 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: Added wild caught!

Old 03-24-2017, 02:00 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51squirrel33 View Post
The OP is right.
Mention your occupation....

Old 03-24-2017, 03:47 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
I presume this battle will end in court like this one: Subway sues over report that its chicken is half soy filler - MarketWatch! So who are we to believe; the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. or Subway? Did the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. test for GMO soybeans when they tested the chicken?

Personally I don't have any reservations about buying or consuming processed food. I also feel that there is one factor that the 'experts' leave out when making claims about how unhealthy it is to eat processed food - the cost of organic food. People have to work longer or harder to buy organic food or they have to eat less (which might be healthier; but unwanted).

Old 03-24-2017, 05:05 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
organics are the biggest snake oil of this generation.....

and you pay dearly for it

I'm over 50, take no pills, my dr. said he would pay to have my bloodwork..
cholesterol is fine,,,, b.p. is fine

I can still bench press over 300 lbs without working out much

I rarely get sick maybe a cold,,once per yr if that..

and I eat a LOT of grocery store meats...not organics..

few veggies but I do like fruits.. ive laid off the sugar in the past few yrs ..I have a sweet tooth..
but pretty much on a paleo diet without trying too hard..

now, I have friends that jump on the latest food shaming fads....they buy gluten free even tho they aren't celiacs...they love to shop whole foods and tell everyone that they do
and they believe organics are the human race savior

and....

they are some of the sickest people I know.... colds/flu's

we are the cleanest peoples in the u.s. than ever before in the human race...
we also have the least defenses..

people that grow up on farms.....never get e-coli ...or from what ive seen...sick very often

be careful of being the boy in the bubble......

Old 03-24-2017, 05:59 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,861,727 times
I buy organic sometimes because the ingredient list is more transparent, and because they don't add all the vitamins.

It's not a waste of money for me. I might spend an extra $2 on a box of cereal, but if I eat the wrong thing it will cost me a $200 emergency room trip, plus days spent feeling horrible. I absolutely wouldn't bother if it weren't for the allergies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness