Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2019, 12:47 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Mikala, everyone makes choices...not everyone can stand in the kitchen and work with so many of the foods listed. Perhaps you can and that is just FINE. I can't and do use "real" foods but I have been supplementing for many years. We've had these discussions so many times and so many want to argue against cell foods and/or supplements. It goes on and on.
That's the gist of why Dr. Sebi created his supplements, tonics, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2019, 12:56 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Mikala, everyone makes choices...not everyone can stand in the kitchen and work with so many of the foods listed. Perhaps you can and that is just FINE. I can't and do use "real" foods but I have been supplementing for many years. We've had these discussions so many times and so many want to argue against cell foods and/or supplements. It goes on and on.

I said I wouldn't buy supplements, vitamins and tonics from DR. SEBIC. (or any similar type person who is selling their "diet." If I feel the need for something like that I will go to reputable manufacturer.

I'm not even saying Dr. Sebic's are not reputable, just that there is no way to know (unless he had them tested?), and there is too many bad supplements out there (do not contain the actual ingredient, contaminated, etc.)

BUT, I trust no one, at all, who claims to be a doctor, and isn't.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 08-30-2019, 12:57 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I said I wouldn't buy supplements, vitamins and tonics from DR. SEBIC.
That's fine and I don't know the man and his products as there are probably 1000's of suppliers out there. At least 100's.

Old 08-30-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I said I wouldn't buy supplements, vitamins and tonics from DR. SEBIC. (or any similar type person who is selling their "diet." If I feel the need for something like that I will go to reputable manufacturer.

I'm not even saying Dr. Sebic's are not reputable, just that there is no way to know (unless he had them tested?), and there is too many bad supplements out there (do not contain the actual ingredient, contaminated, etc.)

BUT, I trust no one, at all, who claims to be a doctor, and isn't.
That's not unreasonable and I hold a similar view generally speaking. Its because of a personal relationship with Dr. Sebi and testimonial and personal experience with results that led us to trust and increase trust with Dr. Sebi. But I can only speak for me.

Now, I wouldn't go to Dr. Sebi trying to get treated for cancer or similar illness. Rather, I use his supplements (and its not like the ingredients to his supplements and tonics are hidden . . . they are right on the bottle and you can easily review the health benefits of the various ingredients in his products) and follow his diet as a means of living a healthier life. But, again, that's for me and I neither encourage or discourage others to do the same. I can only talk about why I do what I do.

Old 08-30-2019, 05:05 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
That's not unreasonable and I hold a similar view generally speaking. Its because of a personal relationship with Dr. Sebi and testimonial and personal experience with results that led us to trust and increase trust with Dr. Sebi. But I can only speak for me.

Now, I wouldn't go to Dr. Sebi trying to get treated for cancer or similar illness. Rather, I use his supplements (and its not like the ingredients to his supplements and tonics are hidden . . . they are right on the bottle and you can easily review the health benefits of the various ingredients in his products) and follow his diet as a means of living a healthier life. But, again, that's for me and I neither encourage or discourage others to do the same. I can only talk about why I do what I do.
Except it is EXACTLY like that in that ingredients to his supplements are in fact HIDDEN...

Maybe you are comfortable ingesting "supplements" from a huckster with no scientific background to support any of his outrageous claims...

I don't know why any educated consumer would buy and ingest a product that states right on the bottle...

"Dr. Sebi’s Original and Unique formulas are proprietary of Dr. Sebi and may contain ingredients not listed here."
https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/qu...do-we-make-him

https://drsebiscellfood.com/product/estro/

Old 08-31-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Except it is EXACTLY like that in that ingredients to his supplements are in fact HIDDEN...

Maybe you are comfortable ingesting "supplements" from a huckster with no scientific background to support any of his outrageous claims...

I don't know why any educated consumer would buy and ingest a product that states right on the bottle...

"Dr. Sebi’s Original and Unique formulas are proprietary of Dr. Sebi and may contain ingredients not listed here."
https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/qu...do-we-make-him

https://drsebiscellfood.com/product/estro/
Dr. Sebi himself would tell you all of what was in his products, especially in the event that you may have been allergic to anything. Hell, if you went to his Honduras compound, you could even witness the operation behind the making of these products. But they were all natural elements and plants. It isn't something that's difficult to discover.

Ultimately, I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else to take Dr. Sebi's products. I can only say what I have seen benefit people and what benefits me.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:29 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
People who are calling names and shouting in capital letters, need to quiet down and not post until they can do so politely. This is a discussion, not a fighting match.

Old 08-31-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Dr. Sebi himself would tell you all of what was in his products, especially in the event that you may have been allergic to anything. Hell, if you went to his Honduras compound, you could even witness the operation behind the making of these products. But they were all natural elements and plants. It isn't something that's difficult to discover.

Ultimately, I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else to take Dr. Sebi's products. I can only say what I have seen benefit people and what benefits me.
1. MR Sebi is dead so he can't really tell anyone what was in his products

2. The products don't list all the ingredients as I showed you above

3. If the only way to "discover" what's in the products is to go to Honduras and witness them being made then apparently it is pretty difficult to discover what's in the bottle...

Old 08-31-2019, 12:39 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
1. MR Sebi is dead so he can't really tell anyone what was in his products

2. The products don't list all the ingredients as I showed you above

3. If the only way to "discover" what's in the products is to go to Honduras and witness them being made then apparently it is pretty difficult to discover what's in the bottle...
Why do some care and fret so much about what others use. It's no one else's business. OP was just posting some info that worked in her life.

Old 08-31-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Why do some care and fret so much about what others use. It's no one else's business. OP was just posting some info that worked in her life.
The "actual" OP of this thread from 2 years ago asked a simple question regarding the utility of an "alkaline" diet and whether "Dr Sebi" products could be trusted...

From a scientific perspective it can be stated categorically and without a shadow of a doubt that the pseudoscientific nonsense behind "alkaline" diets are just that.....nonsense....

It is not physiologically possible to alter the acid base balance of the body via diet...can't be done and it doesn't matter whether someone "believes it to be true"

Science doesn't need you to believe in it...it just "is"

On the second point, regarding the huckster who called himself "Dr Sebi" without ever having earned that title it can also be stated as factual that he was a fraud....

This is a matter of public record based on lawsuits, complaints, arrests etc....it isn't an unfounded opinion...

https://rhoadestoreality.wordpress.c...pseudoscience/

Finally in regards, not to the OP but to the person who chose to revive this years old thread in order to apparently "defend" the indefensible....that is the quack who was Sebi...

He/She clearly stated that the "supplements" produced by this huckster have ALL their ingredients listed on the bottle and that people should feel safe in that knowledge

All I have done is point out that is not in fact true....and this person has been unable to admit to that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness