Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 02:31 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
The "actual" OP of this thread from 2 years ago asked a simple question regarding the utility of an "alkaline" diet and whether "Dr Sebi" products could be trusted...

From a scientific perspective it can be stated categorically and without a shadow of a doubt that the pseudoscientific nonsense behind "alkaline" diets are just that.....nonsense....

It is not physiologically possible to alter the acid base balance of the body via diet...can't be done and it doesn't matter whether someone "believes it to be true"

Science doesn't need you to believe in it...it just "is"

On the second point, regarding the huckster who called himself "Dr Sebi" without ever having earned that title it can also be stated as factual that he was a fraud....

This is a matter of public record based on lawsuits, complaints, arrests etc....it isn't an unfounded opinion...

https://rhoadestoreality.wordpress.c...pseudoscience/

Finally in regards, not to the OP but to the person who chose to revive this years old thread in order to apparently "defend" the indefensible....that is the quack who was Sebi...

He/She clearly stated that the "supplements" produced by this huckster have ALL their ingredients listed on the bottle and that people should feel safe in that knowledge

All I have done is point out that is not in fact true....and this person has been unable to admit to that fact.
BD: What gives you the license to know all the facts? And to try to police many of we members?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2019, 03:22 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Hocus-pocus, veganism with an emphasis on alkaline-eating and keeping your body in
an alkaline-state.

Old 08-31-2019, 05:52 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
BD: What gives you the license to know all the facts? And to try to police many of we members?
What does that even mean? BD gave you an excellent rebuttal. Call me crazy but I wouldn't buy, least of all believe in a guy who gave himself the fake title of Dr. That is HUGE red flag. But no one is stopping you from believing in his snake oil.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:12 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
As I see it, I don't believe Prospect in #7 was asking for opinions and if anyone used Sebi's products, as I read the posters comments, these were their experiences. That's what I'm talking about with so many and their negative spins to a lot of info posted.

And yes there is a lot I won't use for myself in other areas of medicine..so I can say that right now.

I don't believe it's fair to attack therapies others try that those attacking NEVER tried. What I don't bother with is stuff I've used and don't like the results.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:26 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Hocus-pocus, veganism with an emphasis on alkaline-eating and keeping your body in
an alkaline-state.
And the fact is your body will normally maintain its blood pH at between 7.35 and 7.45 ( pretty much neutral) regardless of what you eat.

Old 09-02-2019, 02:19 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
And the fact is your body will normally maintain its blood pH at between 7.35 and 7.45 ( pretty much neutral) regardless of what you eat.
Yes it will.^^^ I think the confusion stems from the fact that if one is eating a lot of meat or acid forming foods like sweets, chips, etc. the body robs the bones to keep the blood more alkaline. So you can end up with soft bones/teeth etc. if your diet isn't balanced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness