Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2017, 12:06 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,138,187 times

Advertisements

Okay maybe someone here can help. I know I should go to a doctor but I wanted opiions from here first just in case it sounds likesomething fixable at home.

For the past two nights I have woken up out of sleep by a pain in my back. I'm not sure if it's a backache or a stomachache, thats the frustrating part :/ It's just.. SO painful. It's an ache on the middle of my back, my side, and then underneath my boob. It feels almost like gas, but I tried to lay on my stomach and that's not what it was.

It's painful, uncomfortable, and no matter what position I would get in, it wouldn't stop hurting/relieve it. The pain is bad, and the only way I can describe it is a feeling like gas or really bad cramps. It hurts for 45 minutes, maybe a bit longer, then goes away. It happened yesterday, and I thought I had a bad stomachache or something. But then tonight, I woke up out of a sound sleep from the pain alone. This time it felt more in my back. Sorry, I'm trying to explain the pain the best way I can. I tried laying on my back, on my side, on my belly, etc but nothing would relieve it. So I went to go to the bathroom to see if that was the problem. I was tired so I just sort of sat on the toilet for twenty minutes (dozing off kind of) and eventually it went away. I didn't actually use the bathroom but sitting upright help I guess.

Any idea of what it could be? Has this ever happened to you before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 12:51 AM

761 posts, read 604,811 times
How's your water intake been lately?
Have you been drinking a little less than usual?

How about fresh healthy foods?

In other words...what are your stomach and intestines filled up with.

I would begin there. Ask yourself if things are green and healthy on th inside or are they white bread and fried food stuck.. including the kind and amount of liquid..

Maybe start there.

2 a.m. and feeling pretty bad. I'm so sorry, but maybe we can figure it out.
I recently had something similar to your description.

Lots of flushing with water and it felt like a kidney stone was stuck for two weeks so I had a lot of lemon juice and oil salads until it dissolved the stone and have been drinking Komducha tea daily since. I buy the cranberry orr gingerade since it has the lowest amount of sugar in it. The fermentation is excellent and works well for returning inner balance.
Stay away from sugar .

This answer is based on your description sounding like incredibly similar symptoms.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:04 AM

761 posts, read 604,811 times
...oh, also, the pain behind the boob part..
Might be really horrid heartburn... back to what you're eating.
Do you take magnesium? How about digestive aids?

Definitely keep drinking water, as you might have a kidney stone or a kidney infection. Do you feel feverish?

Old 04-27-2017, 05:59 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,853,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Okay maybe someone here can help. I know I should go to a doctor but I wanted opiions from here first just in case it sounds likesomething fixable at home.

For the past two nights I have woken up out of sleep by a pain in my back. I'm not sure if it's a backache or a stomachache, thats the frustrating part :/ It's just.. SO painful. It's an ache on the middle of my back, my side, and then underneath my boob. It feels almost like gas, but I tried to lay on my stomach and that's not what it was.

It's painful, uncomfortable, and no matter what position I would get in, it wouldn't stop hurting/relieve it. The pain is bad, and the only way I can describe it is a feeling like gas or really bad cramps. It hurts for 45 minutes, maybe a bit longer, then goes away. It happened yesterday, and I thought I had a bad stomachache or something. But then tonight, I woke up out of a sound sleep from the pain alone. This time it felt more in my back. Sorry, I'm trying to explain the pain the best way I can. I tried laying on my back, on my side, on my belly, etc but nothing would relieve it. So I went to go to the bathroom to see if that was the problem. I was tired so I just sort of sat on the toilet for twenty minutes (dozing off kind of) and eventually it went away. I didn't actually use the bathroom but sitting upright help I guess.

Any idea of what it could be? Has this ever happened to you before?

OP, You are female? Back pain can be a sign of heart attack in women.
Heart Attack Symptoms in Women

Of course, it can be lots of other things.

Please see your doctor right away to make sure it is not your heart having problems.

Let us know how things turn out, and if this mystery gets solved.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:02 PM

619 posts, read 575,664 times
Please see a doctor.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:09 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
]Okay maybe someone here can help. I know I should go to a doctor but I wanted opiions from here first just in case it sounds likesomething fixable at home.
This is part of the problem.

It's one thing If you've had this for years and have either sought medical attention or "just dealt with it" at home and it goes away.

It's completely another if this is new, severe to the extent that you describe it, and you're soliciting advice on the internet, although "i know I should go to a doctor but I wanted opinions from here first just in case...". It makes no sense.

At the end of the day, it could be nothing. Or it could be something severe and life threatening.

I'm a physician and I agree with the last poster: seek medical attention from a physician.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:25 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
What side in the front? It could be gallstones which is normally on the right hand side. Possibly walking pneumonia.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness