U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2017, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 357 times

Advertisements

I've always had some problem with my kidneys. Kidney stones or infections since my teen years. I am now 36. As of now, I'm having constant back pain alternating from a burning pain in my kidney area to sharp stabbing pain. Especially when I have to use the bathroom. I do not hold it. As soon as I have to use the bathroom the pain gets worse. Sometimes I know I have to go before my bladder tells me because of the back pain. Other problems are popping up and I don't know if its related to the kidneys or if its just old age saying hello. If I stand for more than a minute or two, my organs seem to get heavy and feel like they are all squeezed together and I can't breathe. And the body aches at night almost bring tears to my eyes. I won't even say body aches. Its more like pain. It feels as if its inside my bones and someone is drilling in there and my joints throb. I don't know what is going on. I don't have insurance right now, so the doctor is pretty much out of the question. I'm hoping someone on here might have an idea what is going on. Please help. Thanks for any advise in advance.

Misfit Mama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 10:54 AM
Status: "Once upon a time known as Mike555" (set 16 days ago)

24,333 posts, read 18,309,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit Mama View Post
I've always had some problem with my kidneys. Kidney stones or infections since my teen years. I am now 36. As of now, I'm having constant back pain alternating from a burning pain in my kidney area to sharp stabbing pain. Especially when I have to use the bathroom. I do not hold it. As soon as I have to use the bathroom the pain gets worse. Sometimes I know I have to go before my bladder tells me because of the back pain. Other problems are popping up and I don't know if its related to the kidneys or if its just old age saying hello. If I stand for more than a minute or two, my organs seem to get heavy and feel like they are all squeezed together and I can't breathe. And the body aches at night almost bring tears to my eyes. I won't even say body aches. Its more like pain. It feels as if its inside my bones and someone is drilling in there and my joints throb. I don't know what is going on. I don't have insurance right now, so the doctor is pretty much out of the question. I'm hoping someone on here might have an idea what is going on. Please help. Thanks for any advise in advance.

Misfit Mama
I'm sorry that you're going through this, but the best advice I can give you is to go see your doctor if you haven't already. Have you been seen by a urologist?

Old 06-30-2017, 11:02 AM

27,731 posts, read 10,446,925 times
First thing that came to mind is WATER, are you drinking enough and not just when one feels thirsty. I'd never drink WATER if I waited to feel thirst. I drink all day, sipping and often larger gulps and drink during the night too when I wake up for bathroom.

I take a lot of supplements and believe many of them help with NO uti's

Otherwise talk to a "SMART" doctor.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:10 AM
Status: "Once upon a time known as Mike555" (set 16 days ago)

24,333 posts, read 18,309,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
First thing that came to mind is WATER, are you drinking enough and not just when one feels thirsty. I'd never drink WATER if I waited to feel thirst. I drink all day, sipping and often larger gulps and drink during the night too when I wake up for bathroom.

I take a lot of supplements and believe many of them help with NO uti's

Otherwise talk to a "SMART" doctor.
Making sure you drink enough water is always good advice.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:19 AM

11,395 posts, read 22,217,010 times
Even without insurance, you need to be seen by a doctor. Can you call 211 to find out about low income clinics in your area?

I've had a really bad UTI before and it made my whole body ache at night. That sounds like it might be what's going on for you.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:14 PM

5,733 posts, read 7,058,556 times
Get to a doctor. Somehow, someway you need to see a doctor. No one here can diagnose you, and this sounds like it could be serious. If it gets really painful go to an ER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness