Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2017, 07:36 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,666,857 times

Advertisements

I am almost 49, and I imagine I'm going through perimenopause (I had an endometrial ablation 5 years ago so I can't really tell the most obvious way.)

My left breast has been sore consistently for the last 3 months. I finally went to to my gyn, and she found a lump. I am waiting for a mammogram and ultrasound to be scheduled, but in the meantime, I am thinking it is hormone-related.

I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with breast pain/lump on one side only, that is non-cyclical during perimenopause? While I'm sure this issue is benign, the waiting is a little nerve-wracking, and I thought if I heard that it's common for this to happen due to hormones at my advanced age, I'd feel better about the wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 09:46 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
I am almost 49, and I imagine I'm going through perimenopause (I had an endometrial ablation 5 years ago so I can't really tell the most obvious way.)

My left breast has been sore consistently for the last 3 months. I finally went to to my gyn, and she found a lump. I am waiting for a mammogram and ultrasound to be scheduled, but in the meantime, I am thinking it is hormone-related.

I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with breast pain/lump on one side only, that is non-cyclical during perimenopause? While I'm sure this issue is benign, the waiting is a little nerve-wracking, and I thought if I heard that it's common for this to happen due to hormones at my advanced age, I'd feel better about the wait!
I've done a LOT of research on iodine and breast health and when I've skipped dosing for a short while I would get "right" breast pains. So I don't miss my 2-3 drops daily of Iosol. You can find a LOT of info on the iodine deficiency and how iodine is critical for all body tissues. I had two mamms in my early 50's and none since and I'm 79. Do you take high doses of calcium?

Old 09-25-2017, 10:06 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,666,857 times
Jaminhealth, no I don't take calcium at all, usually, though I probably should. I take a multivitamin when I remember and that's about it!

Old 09-25-2017, 10:12 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Jaminhealth, no I don't take calcium at all, usually, though I probably should. I take a multivitamin when I remember and that's about it!
Many are most likely taking too much calcium and really need more magnesium for heart and bone health and calcium can show up in mamms as calcification. This did show up on my only two mamms. This was a long time ago and I started to question so much.

On the iodine too, if you are ingesting fluoridated water and taking any meds that are produced with fluorides, this "toxin" is known to rob the body of any iodine we may have in it.

So many meds can help but also do a lot of harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness