Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2017, 06:17 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You know that's untrue. You have posted all kinds of studies on grape seed extract.

And here is all the studies on PRP.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...waA9IQgQMIJjAA
Yes, I've posted a lot about grape seed ex and many start screaming, these are conducted by those selling this supplement. Then there are these tests NOT by sellers of grape seed ex. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2728696/

Can't win no matter with the naysayers.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:29 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Yes, I've posted a lot about grape seed ex and many start screaming, these are conducted by those selling this supplement. Then there are these tests NOT by sellers of grape seed ex. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2728696/

Can't win no matter with the naysayers.

I don't want to hijack the thread but I can tell you why you have so many naysayers on grape seed extract. You cite it for almost everything, and I mean that literally. It does look like it has health value, but you over sell it so much, nothing could live up to your hype. In addition, you will cite any website (I could put up a website that would have as much value as the ones you read, probably MORE value.

You are not discerning in where your info comes from.

Plus you say things that spurred this conversation, "there are no studies on grape seed extract....". I mean, did you forget all the studies you posted? Why would you say such a blatant untruth?

You have posted studies in the past, so you know how to look them up, yet you say there are none on PRP, when there are.....

So you are either being disingenuous, playing fast and loose with facts, or ...............?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-17-2017, 09:47 PM

I guess I just care too much and want to help people prevent getting dreaded health conditions like cancers...and like helping people from spending money on the outrageous drug and their prices, and stress at doctors...that's what I'm about. Grape Seed Ex has done so much in my life for over 2 decades, can anyone else say this about something they've been taking with such success. I guess so many just enjoy their drugs and going to doctors. And accept their side effects as tradeoffs.

Getting rid of some drugs like allergy and sinus drugs is big in my mind, but obviously not in many around here. Too bad grape seed ex can't get rid of ibuprofen for me.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 09-17-2017 at 09:59 PM..

Old 09-17-2017, 10:47 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
I guess I just care too much and want to help people prevent getting dreaded health conditions like cancers...and like helping people from spending money on the outrageous drug and their prices, and stress at doctors...that's what I'm about. Grape Seed Ex has done so much in my life for over 2 decades, can anyone else say this about something they've been taking with such success. I guess so many just enjoy their drugs and going to doctors. And accept their side effects as tradeoffs.

Getting rid of some drugs like allergy and sinus drugs is big in my mind, but obviously not in many around here. Too bad grape seed ex can't get rid of ibuprofen for me.

I do believe you care, and come from a good place. That does not mean the information is good though.

I spend less on all my Rx then you do on supplements, but that does not seem to register. I'm glad your course of action has worked in way that is acceptable to you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Last edited by Mikala43; 09-17-2017 at 11:45 PM..

Old 11-18-2017, 03:09 PM

People are truly Amazing.

Just hearing Dr. Darrow and those who called in with every imaginable problem from hands, necks, shoulders, backs, knees and want to be out of pain. These people are probably 40 up and have done heavy work all their lives. Worked out hard. Lifted weights. You name it, and they want their old bodies back. They want to be out of pain. And MANY are carry lots of extra weight on their bodies.

Darrow can't fix everyone but his work can help many. And without cutting the body.

If people want to do surgeries, replacements, they will and then will see how things are post surgery. I live with a lot of complications from hip replacement.

Too too bad our insurance industry doesn't help out with these protocols.

Old 11-18-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I do believe you care, and come from a good place. That does not mean the information is good though.

I spend less on all my Rx then you do on supplements, but that does not seem to register. I'm glad your course of action has worked in way that is acceptable to you.
And I'm glad your way works for you. And I don't compare what I spend and what others spend.

Old 11-18-2017, 09:37 PM

282 posts, read 232,790 times
Quote:
People are truly Amazing.

Just hearing Dr. Darrow and those who called in with every imaginable problem from hands, necks, shoulders, backs, knees and want to be out of pain. These people are probably 40 up and have done heavy work all their lives. Worked out hard. Lifted weights. You name it, and they want their old bodies back. They want to be out of pain. And MANY are carry lots of extra weight on their bodies.

Darrow can't fix everyone but his work can help many. And without cutting the body.

If people want to do surgeries, replacements, they will and then will see how things are post surgery. I live with a lot of complications from hip replacement.

Too too bad our insurance industry doesn't help out with these protocols.
Insurance doesn't help out with them because they are not proven to be useful enough to warrant a blanket coverage.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmLizzie View Post
Insurance doesn't help out with them because they are not proven to be useful enough to warrant a blanket coverage.
Oh and insurance covered a hip replacement that I'm left with complications and now use a walker.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:31 PM

282 posts, read 232,790 times
Quote:
Oh and insurance covered a hip replacement that I'm left with complications and now use a walker.
The topic is about Stem Cell Therapy, BMA, or PRP for knee osteoarthritis.

Your hip replacement, subsequent complications, and whether or not insurance covered it, has nothing to do with it.

Insurance typically wouldn't cover Stem Cell Therapy, BMA, or PRP for knee osteoarthritis because there isn't enough actual scientific medical evidence that it's effective, to warrant any of it being covered by insurance. There are actual standards to determine what constitutes "actual scientific medical evidence." One guy who wrote a book and sells a supplement online - is not one of those standards. Nor are a few dozen people who include these "treatments" because they studied the treatments from the guy who wrote a book and makes money by teaching people how to do the treatments.

While there is certainly promise in the study of stem cell therapy, there isn't enough evidence to show that it "works" for knee osteoarthritis. Perhaps the techniques, methods of administration, or even the formulae themselves, will be improved some day, and it'll be the best thing since sliced bread, at that point. And, at that point, insurance will likely cover it, because insurance companies make the most money, on people who don't spend a lot of time being sick or injured. So the quicker they can recover from an injury, the better.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:42 AM

Stem Cells/PRP are coming more and more and the future for so many suffering and those even done the surgeries and still suffer. Even some of the ortho doctors have jumped on these for their patients. For those with the money it's not an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness