Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 09:33 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Jammin did post the difference in leg length once, and when I looked it up, a large percent of the population naturally has that discrepancy.
I have that. My right leg was shorter than my left before my hip surgery. Now it is a tiny bit longer. I don't blame my doctors for it though.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:31 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
I lived 72 yrs before the hip replacement and NEVER thought of a leg discrepancy. A podiatrist found it when he was working on me a couple yrs post op. Started wearing shoe lift and still do and also orthotics... but my body went out of alignment for those years after surgery. I did not know that as we don't know what to expect from a replacement, the first one for sure. I didn't.

So much is not disclosed until the body has done a lot of "settling" with it's new parts.

Blame?? I blame the surgery. And yes, as good as the surgeon is, I still blame his rush to get me done. Late Friday afternoon. My theory about it and I'm stickin with it. I've read enough yelp reviews on him and many people are very satisfied with his work and about 10 of us were not. And the yelp group will continue to grow as he will continue his work...he's fairly young in the whole scheme of ortho surgeons.

And as far as this Prolotherapy work, I do believe in it because it has worked in my life and that is good enough for me to continue my belief. And hopefully get more work down the road.

I feel strongly about 4 things that work for me and improve my life and one is Prolo.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-14-2018 at 10:42 AM..

Old 08-15-2018, 03:26 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Blame?? I blame the surgery. And yes, as good as the surgeon is, I still blame his rush to get me done. Late Friday afternoon. My theory about it and I'm stickin with it.
I hesitate to ask but other than the shortening issue,which is more a result of the type of surgery, not how quickly it was done, what else did the poor guy do wrong?

Quote:
I've read enough yelp reviews on him and many people are very satisfied with his work and about 10 of us were not. .
I doubt any of us are surprised you were one of them

Old 08-15-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I hesitate to ask but other than the shortening issue,which is more a result of the type of surgery, not how quickly it was done, what else did the poor guy do wrong?

I doubt any of us are surprised you were one of them
Of course, why not tell the truth. Surgeons don't do everything right all the time..there are so many botched surgeries we'll NEVER hear about. You think surgeons have to live with what we are left with? No way. They are trained well. There is a code for medical surgical mistakes.

Would you do a review and tell a lie...or you probably wouldn't even do a review. MOST I'd say don't.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-15-2018 at 11:40 AM..

Old 08-15-2018, 12:04 PM

674 posts, read 608,609 times
There is a code for surgical mistakes? Can you enlighten us and tell us what that code is ? This is a serious matter.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:19 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times
So with any review be it for a vacation resort or for a medical procedure, I look at intent.

Is the reviewer posting to push some sort of ideology or is the reviewer posting to share an experience and inform.

Now when I see a review and it's clearly a vendetta because of a bad experience I know that person is really not trying to help or inform. They are simply trying to win converts over to their ideology and most of the time they use hyperbole to do it.

Surgery is stressful enough, to imply that a person who had a successful one is "lucky" or to imply that surgeons who do replacement surgery are doing it because the insurance industry will pay for it, is IMO only intended to scare people unnecessarily.

Are there medical mistakes, of course. I can't believe anybody in their right mind believes that there aren't any risk with surgery. There are risk with me getting on a plane and flying to Europe. I have a financial planner, I did my best and vetted him thoroughly but the reality is I could wake up and find out that he is bernie madoff jr and stolen my life savings.

The REALITY is knee replacement is extremely successful today with 85% of them going well after 20 years. are some of them not successful? absolutely. and again I do like hearing both sides to every thing, I do want to hear about alternatives.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
So with any review be it for a vacation resort or for a medical procedure, I look at intent.

Is the reviewer posting to push some sort of ideology or is the reviewer posting to share an experience and inform.

Now when I see a review and it's clearly a vendetta because of a bad experience I know that person is really not trying to help or inform. They are simply trying to win converts over to their ideology and most of the time they use hyperbole to do it.

Surgery is stressful enough, to imply that a person who had a successful one is "lucky" or to imply that surgeons who do replacement surgery are doing it because the insurance industry will pay for it, is IMO only intended to scare people unnecessarily.

Are there medical mistakes, of course. I can't believe anybody in their right mind believes that there aren't any risk with surgery. There are risk with me getting on a plane and flying to Europe. I have a financial planner, I did my best and vetted him thoroughly but the reality is I could wake up and find out that he is bernie madoff jr and stolen my life savings.

The REALITY is knee replacement is extremely successful today with 85% of them going well after 20 years. are some of them not successful? absolutely. and again I do like hearing both sides to every thing, I do want to hear about alternatives.

I believe you need to go with what you believe is right for YOU.

I will NOT be doing anything invasive to my damaged knee from the infection and I'll report on that from what I heard from the ortho surgeon I saw yesterday.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:23 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Quote:

I will NOT be doing anything invasive to my damaged knee from the infection and I'll report on that from what I heard from the ortho surgeon I saw yesterday.
Why are you seeing a surgeon???? I thought the medical field was full of evil, money hungry people?

Anyway, a surgery at 80 has its own set of issues....

I don't think this doc knows what he's in for.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:24 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:

I didn't know that you had a damaged knee from infection, so sorry to hear.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:01 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,561,309 times
Quote:

Oh absolutely and I respect that. If you noticed almost every poster has said that to some degree, EVERYONE has encouraged people to get the information and make their own decisions. What we are asking is that u cease with the false scare tactics, again there are many many possibilities out there knee replacement is just one but in order to make a good decision one needs truthful information.
Please keep us updated on any advances you come across, for all of us fighting this fight, we do want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness