Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM

3,677 posts, read 2,544,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
eliza61nyc

Another thought, I had been seeing alternative rheumatologist after hip replacement as she was working on my body with acupuncture, mesotherapy and prolotherapy (dextrose). She was helping me at that time as I could hardly sit on my behind from the surgery mess. Her work was helping me a lot. She was somehow billing Medicare and then they got on her so had to stop and then my work was going to have to be out of pocket. I could not afford it then.

A friend and her husband go to her for dextrose prolo for their knees and they love how it's helping them..they are both very early 60's. My friend says they have not gone back for some time now since the work is "holding" for them. But they will go back for more if it comes down to that.

Just another thought for you on dextrose.
thanks, I'll investigate.

Old 08-16-2018, 10:13 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,189,030 times
Quote:
eliza61nyc

Another thought, I had been seeing alternative rheumatologist after hip replacement as she was working on my body with acupuncture, mesotherapy and prolotherapy (dextrose). She was helping me at that time as I could hardly sit on my behind from the surgery mess. Her work was helping me a lot. She was somehow billing Medicare and then they got on her so had to stop and then my work was going to have to be out of pocket. I could not afford it then.

A friend and her husband go to her for dextrose prolo for their knees and they love how it's helping them..they are both very early 60's. My friend says they have not gone back for some time now since the work is "holding" for them. But they will go back for more if it comes down to that.

Just another thought for you on dextrose.
Prolotherapy.....

The procedure that led to your months in rehab due to a knee infection??

Funny how you would recommend that procedure to other folks despite your "complications" ummmmm

Maybe I will start a thread on the risks of prolotherapy....

Old 08-16-2018, 10:30 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,606,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Prolotherapy.....

The procedure that led to your months in rehab due to a knee infection??

Funny how you would recommend that procedure to other folks despite your "complications" ummmmm

Maybe I will start a thread on the risks of prolotherapy....

Oh, OK.

I've had many prolo injections and have been good with them...all it takes is one that can go wrong.

Plenty of infections are from hospitals too...remember that.

Almost, like some can end up with "botched" surgeries, BD. 8 yrs soon. I know you don't like the word botched, so complications is that better.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:49 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,564,970 times
Quote:
My legs were even for 72 yrs...thanks.
Mine weren't. My right leg was shorter before my surgery and now is a tad longer after it. It is normal for the legs to be uneven.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:25 AM

11,019 posts, read 6,555,624 times
Spent thousands on prolotherapy for knees, shoulders and DH's TMJ. Worthless. In our case.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Spent thousands on prolotherapy for knees, shoulders and DH's TMJ. Worthless. In our case.
Thousands, I spent $200 on my shoulder and ended up pain free for 3 yrs...I could use more but the sports MD moved from our area and I can live with this shoulder anyway.

In my life, insurance paid thousands for this hip and I limp to my walker for support. Can't walk very far without it.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-17-2018 at 11:06 AM..

Old 08-17-2018, 01:12 PM

My friend is close to doing either Prolo or PRP. She's on the books with the rheumy who has done my Prolo but not until Oct 12. She met the surgeon I saw the other day and he does PRP and she's thinking of seeing him and doing PRP. She walks pretty well, her knees are no where damaged like mine. There is a significant price difference in these two and often one will need 2-4 sessions..it all depends. Anyway.

https://www.ultimatemedgroup.com/prolotherapy-vs-prp/

And yes I know, some here had no success.

There are 4 Types of Regenerative Joint Treatments.

http://www.drshiple.com/patient-info...tion-treatment

Old 08-17-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
My friend is close to doing either Prolo or PRP. She's on the books with the rheumy who has done my Prolo but not until Oct 12. She met the surgeon I saw the other day and he does PRP and she's thinking of seeing him and doing PRP. She walks pretty well, her knees are no where damaged like mine. There is a significant price difference in these two and often one will need 2-4 sessions..it all depends. Anyway.

https://www.ultimatemedgroup.com/prolotherapy-vs-prp/

And yes I know, some here had no success.

There are 4 Types of Regenerative Joint Treatments.

Regenerative Injection Treatments - Prolotherapy, PRP, stem cells
Jamin,just wanted you to know I went to my doctor today to get my steroid shot and I asked him about the stem cell therapy.

He said that the hospital will be doing clinical trials starting in 2019. I asked if I could be part of the trials, he said he would email me the documents to be considered.

maybe this will be the start of getting the cost reduced. he did warn me it was sitll a long way off.

Old 08-17-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Jamin,just wanted you to know I went to my doctor today to get my steroid shot and I asked him about the stem cell therapy.

He said that the hospital will be doing clinical trials starting in 2019. I asked if I could be part of the trials, he said he would email me the documents to be considered.

maybe this will be the start of getting the cost reduced. he did warn me it was sitll a long way off.
Interesting, didn't you say you tried Stem Cells and they didn't do anything. Or was it PRP, I don't feel like going back to search, or maybe it just wasn't enough of what you did do. Anyway, maybe you can hang on and get in on the trials.

I know you are talking about Phila, but when I first started on this path, I found this "impressive" healer in Western PA (Jeannette PA) and I am from that area over 50 yrs ago. There are just not many "holistic" healers back in that area. This man is and if I still lived back there, he would be it. He does Prolo and PRP and is a D.C. and MD.

http://www.vitamincoach.com/index.php/about/about-us

Just more info on what is back in PA.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-17-2018 at 04:28 PM..

Old 08-17-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Interesting, didn't you say you tried Stem Cells and they didn't do anything. Or was it PRP, I don't feel like going back to search, or maybe it just wasn't enough of what you did do. Anyway, maybe you can hang on and get in on the trials.

I know you are talking about Phila, but when I first started on this path, I found this "impressive" healer in Western PA (Jeannette PA) and I am from that area over 50 yrs ago. There are just not many "holistic" healers back in that area. This man is and if I still lived back there, he would be it. He does Prolo and PRP and is a D.C. and MD.

http://www.vitamincoach.com/index.php/about/about-us

Just more info on what is back in PA.
lol, I didn't have to, it's the same surgeon who did my left TKR. I brought it back up because it's the other side and it's 3 years later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness