Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 04:30 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaces View Post
ChicagoMeO --

Congrats on a successful surgery and hope the second one goes just as well. Keep us posted.
Are you getting corrective lenses or just the blank ones so you'll need a prescription for reading? Curious.
Hi - had the surgery this morning. am recovering.. eye still kinda blurry but should be better shortly. i had him insert the lense that i can see far. wow its true! 20/25 vision from 20/250. i will definitely need readers for up close and maybe computer work. right now thing are blurry in the eye but thats normal from surgery.

i also did not get the laser, he did the phacoemulsification type where an instrument breaks apart the cataract and sucks it out. my right eye did fine (3 weeks ago). not painful either! i will go out tomorrow for readers at Walgreens, i tried to look at a piece of paper and its blurry - so i will need readers. the lense cannot correct both far and near sightedness, so i took the far. will be able to drive with no glasses. but will need readers.. which is cool.

I might go to the eye doctor and get some glasses with computer glare protection and such like that.. my daughter works for them, and she said they have glasses that a person can wear after cataract surgery. thats in a month when my eyes will be ready for them.

its ok for me to wear glasses.

wow everything is so bright!!! that cataract grays everything out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 01:59 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times
Had the one month appointment after surgery. Right eye is fine but may need further surgery on the left if there is something growing underneath the new lens. Left eyesight is blurry. No appointment until February, so glasses have to wait.

Am finding that changing from being nearsighted to being farsighted is psychologically challenging. Doc suggested going down one notch on the reading glasses to prevent headaches, so I'm at 2.25. Still, while it's lovely, albeit odd, to be able to see clearly in a field approximately three feet out, it is a pain not to see up close without the reading glasses.

Also asked him if it were possible that I had injured myself, because after the first, traditionally done surgery on the left eye, I continued an extensive computer and reading practice. No one told me not to and I didn't give it much thought. But he said no.

The good news is that I have histoplasmosis, discovered 30 years ago, and it has not acted up or worsened.

Old 12-30-2017, 05:57 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,907,940 times
Update: I don't see the doc about this till mid-February. He wanted to let everything settle in. Still kind of uncomfortable, well aware I have the plastic disks in my eyes. Right eye sees fine but left eye blurry. They were done by different docs with different procedures. It is a very big adjustment to go from nearsightedness to farsightedness. People told me it was nothing, but they were wrong.

Started having tinnitis, but don't know if that is related to the cataract surgery.

Old 12-30-2017, 06:31 PM

19,034 posts, read 27,599,679 times
Donno. I saw fine couple hrs after surgery. I removed shield, on the 2nd eye, by the time I got home.
The only side effect is under certain light condition I do see a crescent thin line in the L eye. Not bothering me at all. I do alot of driving, it did huge improvement. I can see well, not blinded by oncoming traffic lights, no halos, can read street names ahead of turn. Pretty happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness