Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale12 View Post
The thing is though.. is Zantac good enough for Ulcer treatment ?
Seems to be one of its major targets,some reading on the drug =
https://www.drugs.com/zantac.html
I had peptic ulcers for years and would eat a lot of rolaids and tums,i finally mentioned it to my doctor who put me on a drug called Pantoprazole 40mg i havent needed a tums or a rolaid in 2 years now so i'm happy this stuff works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 12:30 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,058,216 times
OP you need to stop asking us on CD if Zantac is good enough, since we are not your physician and cannot diagnose your condition.
I, personally, had some little ulcers and took Sucrafate for several months, which cleared it up nicely. But you should ask your physician if you are on the right drug.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:07 PM

344 posts, read 429,905 times
Well im getting my upper Endoscopy Monday morning. I will be sedated as well they said. Im so afraid to do it.. I am thinking maybe I should cancel it how scared I am of it. Its my first time having it done and they want to do a stomach biopsy (the gastro).

Old 10-21-2017, 07:56 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Well im getting my upper Endoscopy Monday morning. I will be sedated as well they said. Im so afraid to do it.. I am thinking maybe I should cancel it how scared I am of it. Its my first time having it done and they want to do a stomach biopsy (the gastro).
I had an ERCP, they scoped down my throat and did a quick procedure (opened a bile duct).

It's no muss, no fuss. I woke up and felt fine.

Don't stress out, follow the pre-op instructions they gave you. This is all a part of getting you to feel better.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-21-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I had an ERCP, they scoped down my throat and did a quick procedure (opened a bile duct).

It's no muss, no fuss. I woke up and felt fine.

Don't stress out, follow the pre-op instructions they gave you. This is all a part of getting you to feel better.
Lol im freaking out because I read people had pain all inside them after the procedure and felt unwell

Old 10-22-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Lol im freaking out because I read people had pain all inside them after the procedure and felt unwell
You're not in pain now from your ulcer? Your choice.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:23 PM

Omg im so scared to have this done.. its at 9am in the morning Monday.. in 9 hours from now.. im having sedation bit im so scared I cant even sleep or sit still! Will I have pain after the procedure when I wake up? Will I be vomiting ?? Will I be in horrible abdominal pain.. omg I never so scared of something. For god sake I had lasik done so many times! Is it less scary than lasik surgery ?

Old 10-23-2017, 10:40 AM

I think I was more worried when I had Lasik, but turned out super easy.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think I was more worried when I had Lasik, but turned out super easy.
Well I had it done! And you were right worried for nothing! I dont even remember it ! Just waking up in the recovery room! They took biopsies and said I have NO gastritis, stomach is clear and not inflamed at all

Old 11-06-2017, 12:42 PM

So I still have stomach burning and went to see the gastro doc today. He told me my endoscopy showed nothing... no ulcer or inflammation.. he said I have “Functional dyspepsia“ stomach burning related to over sensitive stomach nerves and acid (but no gastritis or ulcer). He prescribed a PPI pantaloc 20mg (the smallest dose) and said it wont suppress all of the acid but more than zanatc will.. and he said once there is no pain for a while the brain will stop being anxious over the stomach and will forget the pain.. than you can come off the PPI and be pain free..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness