Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 01:51 PM

343 posts, read 421,155 times

Advertisements

Hello.. so I have been on Zantac for 6 weeks now (6weeks tomorrow) I saw a doctor and was diagnosed with a gastric ulcer.. im on zantac 150mg twice a day. So anyway im at 6 weeks tomorrow for taking it and wanted to know is it normal I still have some pain in my stomach area .. like I still AT ALL COST must avoid certain foods including drinking cold water or just drinking water fast as it tends to make my stomach hurt a lot. In general though I do still feel some pain.. nothing as bad as it was before the treatment.. they told me take the medication for 8 weeks.

What I want to know this far in the treatment should of all the pain be gone by now.. I mean I still have some pain..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 02:11 PM

263 posts, read 229,206 times
In all seriousness, I would completely write off the Zantac and any other **** they recommend.

Use natural things like turmeric. This has worked well for me.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:12 PM

263 posts, read 229,206 times
& to be more clear, Zantac and things like this have only made my symptoms worse, so this is where I'm coming from.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaNative View Post
In all seriousness, I would completely write off the Zantac and any other **** they recommend.

Turmeric does not seem to help treat stomach ulcers. In fact, there is some evidence that it may increase stomach acid, making existing ulcers worse. (See "Precautions" section.) Because of turmeric's ability to reduce inflammation, researchers have wondered if it may help relieve osteoarthritis pain.

Source: Turmeric | University of Maryland Medical Center

Old 09-12-2017, 02:57 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,548,356 times
I ended up in the ER in the 80's from an anti inflammatory pharma drug...They did every test and finally the ulcer check. Found it...they got their money's worth before they got to the issue. I was given Tagamet (script back then) and now it's otc. I don't recall how long it took, but healed the ulcer. I take supps to keep stomach in good health. And no meds on empty stomach like pain meds.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:08 PM

Will the zantac help though? If I have been taking it for 6 weeks (tomorrow is 6 weeks)

Old 09-12-2017, 06:11 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,952,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale12 View Post
Hello.. so I have been on Zantac for 6 weeks now (6weeks tomorrow) I saw a doctor and was diagnosed with a gastric ulcer.. im on zantac 150mg twice a day. So anyway im at 6 weeks tomorrow for taking it and wanted to know is it normal I still have some pain in my stomach area .. like I still AT ALL COST must avoid certain foods including drinking cold water or just drinking water fast as it tends to make my stomach hurt a lot. In general though I do still feel some pain.. nothing as bad as it was before the treatment.. they told me take the medication for 8 weeks.

What I want to know this far in the treatment should of all the pain be gone by now.. I mean I still have some pain..

Contact your Physician who knows your history, do not count on solid medical advice from random strangers on a public forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelmarvaNative View Post

Telling someone to *write off the zantac and any other **** they recommend* is actually two
violations of TOS.
One for giving medical advice and one for the attempt to hide profanity with ***

Old 09-12-2017, 06:45 PM

6,546 posts, read 4,691,920 times
Quote:
Will the zantac help though? If I have been taking it for 6 weeks (tomorrow is 6 weeks)
Call the doctor who advised you to take it in the first place.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:29 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,949,464 times
Quote:

I was treated with Protonix for an ulcer last summer, just like with your Zantac, it was only for 8 weeks.

All of the pain was not gone when I finished the medicine but it was a lot better.

For me I had to be careful what I ate for months or I would get a little discomfort.

It was a trial by error process but eventually I could eat everything I did before with no problems.

Ever since then, if I need to take something like aspirin, etc., I will take it with a swig of an antacid.....just because. So far, so good.

Old 09-14-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I was treated with Protonix for an ulcer last summer, just like with your Zantac, it was only for 8 weeks.

All of the pain was not gone when I finished the medicine but it was a lot better.

For me I had to be careful what I ate for months or I would get a little discomfort.

It was a trial by error process but eventually I could eat everything I did before with no problems.

Ever since then, if I need to take something like aspirin, etc., I will take it with a swig of an antacid.....just because. So far, so good.
The thing is though.. is Zantac good enough for Ulcer treatment ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness