Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 07:48 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
If you were in Australia you would simply toddle off to the local clinic where you would be treated (and X-rayed, etc. if need be) and it would cost you ...NOTHING! Last year I broke my ankle. From my first visit to the hospital to the subsequent visits that included X-rays, cast, crutches, moon-boot, etc. it cost me ...NOTHING!
How is this relevant to this conversation? Hopefully you enjoy living down under, but your "contribution" only derails this topic into a political one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 10:54 AM

5,770 posts, read 3,219,640 times
Is the swelling the size of a golf ball?
If so, even minor injuries can cause the bursar sack to fill with fluid. I recommend a sports medicine doctor. While the doctor will x-ray the site to make sure that the injury is not more severe, chances are that he/she will simply drain the bursar sack.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:58 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Just adopt a similar medical health system and stay where you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaucka View Post
I lived in Australia for a while and I would like to be a citizen as well, your country wont let me. And I agree I find it very frustrating that we get not much benefit we can see in our everday lives for our tax dollar. The challenge is doing those programs like nationalized health for a country as large as the US. Obviously not a policy expert, but I suspect it is much more difficult to do this in a country of 350M v. 24M. And not sure why you felt the need to gloat, not offering any advice to the OP.
My intention was not to gloat. And, my advice to the OP and others on the thread who can't afford health insurance is to encourage the nation to adopt a health scheme similar to that in Australia.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:09 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
If you were in Australia you would simply toddle off to the local clinic where you would be treated (and X-rayed, etc. if need be) and it would cost you ...NOTHING! Last year I broke my ankle. From my first visit to the hospital to the subsequent visits that included X-rays, cast, crutches, moon-boot, etc. it cost me ...NOTHING!
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
How is this relevant to this conversation? Hopefully you enjoy living down under, but your "contribution" only derails this topic into a political one.
The OP mentioned having to avoid seeing the doctor because he/she has no insurance coverage. In other words, it would cost money that he/she would rather not spend ...hence my remarks pertaining to a national health scheme that would eliminate this cost for the individual. Didn't Obama introduce a similar scheme only for multi-billionaire Donald Trump to knock it on the head?

Anyway, sorry for the derail ...as you were.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:13 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasy09 View Post
Thanks to candle wax on my foot I slipped and fell hard on my elbow. I have no carpet just hard concrete floors. So the fall was extra brutal.This happened on my dominant so that sucks even more. My elbow has a huge lump now and it hurts. I took pain medication, and that brought some of the pain down considerably. Elevation helps with the pain as well. It's numb and painful to the touch, and like I said there's a lump. Also my wrist was tingling for a bit there,but that stopped. I want to know is anything broken or is this just a sprain? I have no insurance so I'm trying my best not to go to the doctor unless I absolutely have to. I mean if it was broken would I even be able to type this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasy09 View Post
So can I wait it out? I mean if this discoloration and huge amount of pain doesn't happen and the lump goes down on its own then I'm good right? Like I said I'm trying not to go to the doctor unless it becomes a necessity.

Also even though extension and flexion doesn't rule out a possible fracture it does bode well more on the side that I might not have one if I can move it correct?

If I do have a fracture or dislocation and need to go to the doctor would waiting it out to see if it gets worst actually make it worst? I know when my shoulder was dislocated and fractured almost a decade ago I was taken to the emergency room immediately and it was fixed. Would I have to do the same thing for this?
No one here can give you anything close to medical advice, for one it is against ToS and the other reason is there is no way to know if anything is broken without a proper xray.
Mr. CSD separated his forearm from his bicep by breaking both bones and shattered his elbow into nothing and broke the radial head and he could still move his arm with a wee bit of pain.
He now has a plate and 13 pins in his arm, no elbow bone and is unable to bend his left arm past a specific degree which means he cannot wash his face with both hands, cannot splash water in his face and cannot eat anything using his left hand if he wants the food to go into his mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness