Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 06:58 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I would try that, or soaking in any thing, but I don't have a good place to soak. I have an old fashioned clawfoot tub, hard to sit on the edge of that.
If you are referring to my mention of the clorox soak, when I did it I made the solution in a little bowl and took it into the living room while I watched some tv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 08:02 PM

240 posts, read 586,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I may have mentioned this above, but a friend's podiatrist told her to soak her toe in somewhat diluted clorox and it worked...so I did it too. I had a big toe with fungus for quite a while and it's gone. She soaked it twice a day and I did it once in the evening.
I have not got a shadow of doubt it probably worked. I was just saying that painting my toenails with white vinegar twice a day worked for me. I'm sure there are probably many products will work and much faster.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:14 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13levine View Post
I have not got a shadow of doubt it probably worked. I was just saying that painting my toenails with white vinegar twice a day worked for me. I'm sure there are probably many products will work and much faster.
Bleach kills fungus and I had some in my apt closet many yrs ago and this was after I moved into this apt close to the ocean, and was shocked to find the mold/fungus...clorox killed it and it never returned.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:57 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Soak in warm water for about 30 minutes with a good amount of epsom salt and about 10 drops of pure tea tree oil mixed in. Then before you go to bed put a couple of drops of organic oregano essential oil on the problems areas. Do this each night for about two weeks. It will clear it up.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:40 PM

240 posts, read 586,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Bleach kills fungus and I had some in my apt closet many yrs ago and this was after I moved into this apt close to the ocean, and was shocked to find the mold/fungus...clorox killed it and it never returned.
I used to do apartment maintenance. I had lots of fungus on windowsills. Bleach was a sure fire cure. Some of came back and some of didn't but that was always (no exceptions) the first thing to use. I had 90 apartments and there was two of them that where it constantly came back after while then it had to be done again.

Old 03-08-2019, 07:53 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,210,466 times
Fungus hates urine. Pee on your feet in the shower. Good for athletes foot, too. Don't wipe it off, let it airdry.

Old 05-11-2019, 07:21 PM

987 posts, read 779,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
Fungus hates urine. Pee on your feet in the shower. Good for athletes foot, too. Don't wipe it off, let it airdry.
I was just given a 3 months rx today for some Western FDA approved Drug. I am not taking it unless the urine or bleach fail me. The FDA scares me

Old 05-11-2019, 07:40 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,978,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
"Is there any truth to rumors that you can cure athlete’s foot with urine?
Some people say urine might cure athlete’s foot because of the urea that it contains. It would have to be a very large amount of urea (more than how much is normally found in urine) for it to be considered useful to treat tinea pedis (“athlete’s foot”). So in reality, no, it probably does not work."

https://hscnews.usc.edu/urologist-an...s-about-urine/

Honestly, I'd rather have fungus than soak my feet in urine.

Old 05-11-2019, 08:07 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,978,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
I was just given a 3 months rx today for some Western FDA approved Drug. I am not taking it unless the urine or bleach fail me. The FDA scares me

I took a prescription drug for it, and it worked great. No problems from it at all. Fungus free, and happy not to have to pee on my feet.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:21 PM

987 posts, read 779,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I took a prescription drug for it, and it worked great. No problems from it at all. Fungus free, and happy not to have to pee on my feet.
Well I have moved past urine now on to using Apple Cider vinegar, white vinegar and tea tree oil as well as oregano oil and I read coconut oil works also. I am trying those before I touch bleach.
I was reading the side effects of the RX drug to cure this and it is not 100% as the fungus can come back one side effect is loss of sense of taste, one is loss of sight another is loss of hearing and loss of liver use. I think I will be ok losing my toenails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness