Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 11:45 AM

27 posts, read 32,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverEden View Post
There are meds you can take to prevent outbreaks and help keep your partner protected too. Valtrex, etc.
Yes there are- but if I unknowingly passed this to someone already, how can I ever make up for it? It's not a rhetorical question.

Old 10-31-2017, 11:46 AM

1,491 posts, read 379,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsv2017 View Post
Yes there are- but if I unknowingly passed this to someone already, how can I ever make up for it? It's not a rhetorical question.

Well obviously you can’t, so I guess it’s best you make the decision you can live with the most.

Old 10-31-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Well obviously you can’t, so I guess it’s best you make the decision you can live with the most.
This is one of the first stories that came up when I did an internet search: Jim Carrey gave his Irish ex-girlfriend THREE STD's before breaking up with her and triggering her suicide, claims her estranged husband in explosive lawsuit | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-31-2017, 12:05 PM

8 posts, read 9,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
It's a cold sore, not genital herpes, get over it!
Except if you are infected with oral herpes and perform oral sex on someone, with or without a sore present, you risk giving them your HSV-1 genitally. Now they have HSV-1 genitally. They then can have the same symptoms and spread it exactly the same way as a person with HSV-2 genital herpes.

It's this kind of bass ackwards thinking that creates a stigma around genital herpes, but cold sores are "no big deal".

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...-suggests.html

Quote:
There are meds you can take to prevent outbreaks and help keep your partner protected too. Valtrex, etc.
They help, but they don't completely protect your partner. The risk of transmission is roughly halved when using daily antiviral suppressive therapy.

Old 10-31-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomInternetUser View Post
Except if you are infected with oral herpes and perform oral sex on someone, with or without a sore present, you risk giving them your HSV-1 genitally. Now they have HSV-1 genitally. They then can have the same symptoms and spread it exactly the same way as a person with HSV-2 genital herpes.

It's this kind of bass ackwards thinking that creates a stigma around genital herpes, but cold sores are "no big deal".

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...-suggests.html

They help, but they don't completely protect your partner. The risk of transmission is roughly halved when using daily antiviral suppressive therapy.
So I take it given the circumstances described above, you would contact both partners?

I am literally sick about this situation and the idea I was so stupid to have unprotected sex putting both myself and another person at risk.

My recent partner has had something like 10-15 partners so possibly she was exposed already, I know that doesn't make it right but would make me feel better.

Just ****ing sick and if I did give it to her there's nothing I can ever do now to repair it.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:15 PM

8 posts, read 9,551 times
In terms of prior partners, I'd say that's really up to you. Google "anonymous std notification" and you'll find services that will anonymously notify prior partners they should be tested without outing you.

I would try not to be too upset about it. Protected sex (condoms) provides limited protection for herpes since it only requires skin to skin contact to transmit. HSV-1 typically transmits by kissing, which pretty much nobody asks someone for their "testing status" before kissing. From a genital perspective, the entire genital region which would be covered by a male's boxer shorts (true for both males and females, boxer short just used as an example) is a transmission vector so condoms are of limited benefit since they cover such a small area.

Quote:
So I take it given the circumstances described above, you would contact both partners?

I am literally sick about this situation and the idea I was so stupid to have unprotected sex putting both myself and another person at risk.

My recent partner has had something like 10-15 partners so possibly she was exposed already, I know that doesn't make it right but would make me feel better.

Just ****ing sick and if I did give it to her there's nothing I can ever do now to repair it.

Old 10-31-2017, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomInternetUser View Post
In terms of prior partners, I'd say that's really up to you. Google "anonymous std notification" and you'll find services that will anonymously notify prior partners they should be tested without outing you.

I would try not to be too upset about it. Protected sex (condoms) provides limited protection for herpes since it only requires skin to skin contact to transmit. HSV-1 typically transmits by kissing, which pretty much nobody asks someone for their "testing status" before kissing. From a genital perspective, the entire genital region which would be covered by a male's boxer shorts (true for both males and females, boxer short just used as an example) is a transmission vector so condoms are of limited benefit since they cover such a small area.
Thank you! This actually did make me feel somewhat better.

Old 10-31-2017, 03:36 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Time to join a monastery

Old 10-31-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Time to join a monastery
Not an issue- I realize I won't be having sex once I tell people I have HSV-1. It's about hoping the damage wasn't already done.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:24 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
There is a cure to HSV, except the drug makers don't want to produce it. There has already been research that shows the drug that's used for fighting HIV can be used to successfully kill HSV. The only thing missing is a bait drug that can bait the virus to coming out then it can be killed off.

Typically HSV comes out of dormant when you are weak or stressed then it infects healthy cells and they mutate to create these nasty sores. And HSV virus goes dormant again within your body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness