Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 10:46 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
I dated an exec at the center of disease control in Cleveland, Ohio and know what he said directly to me. The part of my text you did not paste
Did he, by chance, also tell you that you got gonorrhea from riding on a tractor?

Last edited by Ginge McFantaPants; 11-06-2017 at 11:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 10:59 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times
Nothing would stop people -- especially teenagers! -- from putting their lives in danger for the sake of an orgasm. Condoms AREN'T 100% protective and people skip using them all the time.

With that said, at the height of the terror when AIDS was first becoming known and there were almost no useful treatments, people started restricting themselves to online sex and other "hands off" ways of getting satisfaction. All that's changed since AIDS has been tamed down from a guaranteed, slow, horrible death sentence to a chronic disease. They're right out there again exchanging bodily fluids like there's no tomorrow.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:11 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
I think the answer to that has already been observed.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:35 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,582,785 times
Quote:
Yes, it would reduce it to a degree. But it would also inspire people to learn more about the facts. This is a blood disease hence it always coming from anal intercourse or needles. Hiv dies during oral sex and male female vaginal intercourse. Making people understand this is very difficult. The Center of disease control makes these facts a little vague to make you fear even herto vag intercourse. Their minds they are doing it to protect you. It is like when your trainer says no food past 6 pm but you they know you will eat up to 7 or 8pm. If they told you 8Pm (which may be ok for your body) you may eat at 10pm. They are being really strict b/c they know you are going to cheat.
I just hope that no one is able to decipher this incoherent prattle and follow the nonsense you presented. You say that HIV "dies" during oral sex and normal male-female sex. If only this were true, HIV would diminish and no longer be epidemic. Your post is a good example of how faulty so many things are, that are encountered on the Internet.

Old 11-06-2017, 03:37 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,582,785 times
Quote:
Yes, it would reduce it to a degree. But it would also inspire people to learn more about the facts. This is a blood disease hence it always coming from anal intercourse or needles. Hiv dies during oral sex and male female vaginal intercourse. Making people understand this is very difficult. The Center of disease control makes these facts a little vague to make you fear even herto vag intercourse. Their minds they are doing it to protect you. It is like when your trainer says no food past 6 pm but you they know you will eat up to 7 or 8pm. If they told you 8Pm (which may be ok for your body) you may eat at 10pm. They are being really strict b/c they know you are going to cheat.

I just hope that no one is able to decipher this incoherent prattle and follow the nonsense you presented. You say that HIV "dies" during oral sex and normal male-female sex. If only this were true, HIV would diminish and no longer be epidemic. Your post is a good example of how faulty so many things are, that are encountered on the Internet.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:46 PM

140 posts, read 139,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert817 View Post
If a condom could not protect against HIV/AIDs, do you think most people wouldn't want to have sex anymore? I know condoms protect. But lets say HIV mutated and then all of a sudden, condoms no longer protected against HIV anymore, then do you believe most people wouldn't have sex anymore?
Sex will never lose popularity and people will always look for an excuse not to even consider condoms. I have a friend from Seattle, in the gay community, who says the big rave now is a drug called PREP. It cuts the chances of gay partners having unprotected sex from spreading HIV by a whopping 96%, atleast its suppose to. The problem? It doesn't protect from you from all the other bad stuff out there(and there's a lot of it). And now all the deviants within the gay community, who only care about themselves, are using it as a ploy to have unprotected sex with strangers. Never mind an exam or asking for paperwork. Hes on PREP, so it must be safe. Its just so ironic that this drug, that was created to protect gay males, is going to cause STD's to spiral out of control. Even if it could go through condoms you'd think even that would be more legitimate than trusting a stranger, who might or might not be taking it at all. Condoms are annoying but there's the way it ought to be and there's the way it is, as they say.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:48 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
If a condom could not protect against HIV/AIDs, do you think most people wouldn't want to have sex anymore? I know condoms protect. But lets say HIV mutated and then all of a sudden, condoms no longer protected against HIV anymore, then do you believe most people wouldn't have sex anymore?
Um.
Do you have any idea how many people don't bother to use condoms anyway right now?

Old 11-06-2017, 05:13 PM

384 posts, read 376,086 times
https://forums.poz.com/index.php?action=forum

This website has a lot of good info on hiv.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:21 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,725,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
This point needs clarification. According to the CDC and other world Aids bodies, it is possible to transmit HIV vaginally. However, anal sex is a far more efficient means to transmit the virus. A gay "bottom" is 20 times more likely to get HIV from an HIV+ partner than a male who only has vaginal sex with an HIV + female partner. Women are about twice as likely as straight men as long as they only have vaginal sex. If they have anal sex, they're just as susceptible as gay male bottoms.

This is not meant as a condemnation of gays or an "out" for straight men. Straight men should still take precautions necessary to avoid contracting the disease.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:29 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,542,867 times
Quote:
Even if HIV mutated (which many strains have, actually) it doesn't mean that a condom would not prevent it from spreading. Condoms work when applied appropriately.

You're acting as if HIV suddenly would mutate and acquire teeth where in it now has the ability to bite through the condom. That isn't even a possibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness