Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 10:19 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times

Advertisements

cakmke is spot on!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2017, 11:26 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Nope, the grim-reaper is coming, one way or another.........worrying about it is just a waste of time and an overall negative.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:47 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmke View Post
With statistics like 1 out of 3 will experience cancer in his or her life, it may be hard not to worry; however,
there are plenty of known cures and treatments and ways to avoid getting it in the first place.
Cancer is a billion dollar a year business, so why would they want people cured or not to get it?
The government has suppressed and even outlawed known cures. Research Gerson Therapy, Budwig Protocol, CBD oil...just to name a few.
I hear you on this one. Talk about suppression. I've been doing alternatives to HOPEFULLY prevent cancer(s) from taking off in my body. And there are many protocols one can do. I've been into Prevention for many years. I've posted a lot in Alt Med on what I do.

Old 11-13-2017, 11:53 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmke View Post
With statistics like 1 out of 3 will experience cancer in his or her life, it may be hard not to worry; however,
there are plenty of known cures and treatments and ways to avoid getting it in the first place.
Cancer is a billion dollar a year business, so why would they want people cured or not to get it?
The government has suppressed and even outlawed known cures. Research Gerson Therapy, Budwig Protocol, CBD oil...just to name a few.
Yes, if it were cured, it would be a big loss for the Big Medical Machine (personnel, medications, equipment) and Big Pharma. One would like to think that wouldn't make a difference when it comes to life, death and/or suffering, but one would be wrong. It is all about the money anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
cakmke is spot on!!!
Yes, sadly.

I don't worry about it. Both of my parents had it. Mom had breast cancer in her early 40s, treated and lived to 72, and Dad died of bone cancer at 55 (smoker who underwent radiation in an Army hospital in the 1940s, the old heavy duty kind). While I still went to allopathic physicians, they wanted me to have mammograms, etc. I had none. We practice preventive medicine by exercise and diet plus homeopathy. At 63, no medications. My only fear is the government requiring me to fall in line taking away my right to make the best decisions for myself and family.

I came to believe that some of the testing done may indeed find cancer because it was creating cancer. I had talked with an experienced RN about the possibilities when a "lump" was opened to find out if it were cancerous and the possible escape of the cancer cells, if present, to other areas of the body............ Also, the whole mammogram and how that was catching so much cancer.............. Yeah, I looked in depth and make the decisions based on my ability to make judgement calls on my health and the health of my family to include pets.

Old 11-13-2017, 05:43 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,421,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
I'm 6'3 260, so I am slightly overweight with a beer gut and I know that people with even just a little bit of belly fat are at higher risk of getting cancer. Even when I was thirty or forty pounds lighter, I still had a gut. I love sugar...lol I can't go a day without eating two or three sweet snacks. People say excess sugar consumption can lead to cancer, as well. I do eat 2-3 servings of fruit and veggies everyday though, but I know that is not enough. I exercise 2-3 times a week, but every time I eat something I worry that it could give me cancer. I just want to enjoy food.

(also I take antidepressants everyday and have for years and worry what putting those pills in my body over a long period of time will do to it)
Maybe you wouldn't need the antidepressants if you stop eating sugar?

You might not get cancer, but if you continue being overweight and eating refined sugar you could get type 2 diabetes when you're older, and that can cause heart disease and all kinds of other health problems.

Refined sugar can be an addiction, like any drug. It makes you high, and later you crash. Maybe that's why you think you're depressed and need antidepressant drugs.

No one knows the long term effects of antidepressants on the brain, or the rest of the body. Putting unnatural chemicals into your body every day for years and years can't have good results.

The medical profession accepts and promotes the use of drugs, because they don't seem to see a problem with taking in unnatural chemicals over a lifetime. So your doctor probably made you think it's a good idea.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:39 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,580,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I came to believe that some of the testing done may indeed find cancer because it was creating cancer. I had talked with an experienced RN about the possibilities when a "lump" was opened to find out if it were cancerous and the possible escape of the cancer cells, if present, to other areas of the body
............ Also, the whole mammogram and how that was catching so much cancer.............. Yeah, I looked in depth and make the decisions based on my ability to make judgement calls on my health and the health of my family to include pets.
Your statement I highlighted in black above is a very interesting observation. I haven't thought about it much since the early 1980's. In the early 1980's, I remember my mother saying that once they opened up my grandmother's abdomen "the cancer spread to other places in her abdomen".

I have not investigated it since, and now your statement reminded me. Will do some research on it.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:06 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Matisse: MY Mother used to say, once they open you up the cancer can spread.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:50 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I don't worry about it, that would accomplish nothing.

I eat lots of whole foods, and tons of vegetables. I try to give my body the fuel it needs to fight off whatever comes my way. But, that is certainly no guarantee.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-20-2017, 12:27 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Matisse: MY Mother used to say, once they open you up the cancer can spread.
There are documented cases where biopsies have spread the cancer.
Check out morcellation...how it's responsible for spreading cancers....

Old 11-20-2017, 02:36 PM

23,292 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
There are documented cases where biopsies have spread the cancer.
Check out morcellation...how it's responsible for spreading cancers....
Just make sure you place that risk where it belongs....statistically minor. Could it happen? Sure. Does it happen? Sure. Is it more risky than doing no biopsy when it is indicated and ending up with a cancer that has spread all on its own and is now not treatable? Of course not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness