Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2017, 12:33 AM

18 posts, read 13,587 times

Advertisements

This isn't a question asking for medical advice nor does my mother have any health problems, so hopefully mods don't close the topic.

I'm just curious as to what drug my mother was given for her migraines a while back when we lived in the US. She has always suffered from them ever since she was a kid and it was only until she was in her late 30s that she went to a general practicing who referred her to a neurologist that did an MRI scan and found lesions around the areas where she complained of the headaches.

As a result, he prescribed her a 'narcotic' which he said would most likely need proof of prescription before we moved to Europe incase airport officials stopped her and performed a baggage search.

My mother has always been a pretty anti-drug person, regardless of whether they're illicit or prescition drugd as she's seen many people have their lives "destroyed" by drugs in her small town village from the African country she was born in. Anyways, she took the drugs but apparently after a few weeks, the effects kicked in.

Eventually when we moved to Europe two month's later, she threw them away because they made her feel "horrible" and as if she was in "zombie like state". They did stop the migraines but it wasn't worth it for her especially since she almost had an accident.

She forgot the name of the drug but when Michael Jackson died and his drug-list from his physician was given, she recognised of the drugs was the same one she took.

I thought it might be opiates since the drug was controlled but it seems unlikely as she describes an overall unpleasant mental experience, being in a zombie like state and no distinct effects of things like hydrocodone/oxycodone which are a strong buzz, slight-severe nausea, constipation and heavy itching from the release of histamines.

We're these drugs opiates or something else? What prescription drugs for the mind/brain could be controlled that aren't opiates or benzos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 11:09 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,732,076 times
included in this article is a list of the drugs found in Michael Jackson's system when he died,

The drugs found in Michael Jackson's body after he died - BBC Newsbeat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness