Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 06:38 PM

52 posts, read 42,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
There was a girl in Starbucks tonight who I thought was conventionally unattractive (heavy, punky hairdo), but oddly appealing in that she was confident and funny. Being the pervert that I am, my first thought was "I'll bet she is a tiger in bed." Her. Ask her out.

Again,
What makes you think that "conventionally unattractive" women don't have needs when it comes to physical attraction, or are any less forgiving when it comes to a guy's looks? Guess what they have needs too! To think otherwise is simply inconsiderate of a woman's obvious/logical need for physical attraction to have sex.

I would LOVE to go out with I girl like this;confident and funny sounds good to me. We would probulay become very good Platonic friends (nothing wrong w/that). However, she would never want to be intimate with someone who looks as I do.

Just because you might believe that girl is "conventionally unattractive", what makes you think she would want to date someone else "conventionally unattractive"?

Women hot or not are attracted to hot guys.... as the girl who rejected me stated..."girls tend to want to have sex with those they find attractive otherwise it can be quite unpleasant and unhealthy". I don't want to make somebody sick, just so I can have sex!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 08:17 PM

287 posts, read 363,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeville21 View Post
Again,
.... as the girl who rejected me stated..."girls tend to want to have sex with those they find attractive otherwise it can be quite unpleasant and unhealthy". I don't want to make somebody sick, just so I can have sex!
That's the opinion of 1 woman. One very shallow, superficial woman. Why do you presume she speaks for all woman??? Why have you let her take up space in your brain?

I guarantee you that their are plenty of woman who feel the same way about guys that you do about woman. I guarantee you there are woman that would go out with you, provided you aren't an axe murderer. You lack the confidence to find them. Stop with the negativity (a huge turn-off in itself). Get therapy, improve you physical and mental outlook.

Last edited by Zone Read; 12-19-2017 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: typo.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:29 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
Quote:
Hello,

I am a 23 year old man who is seeking to REDUCE his testosterone levels.

My reason for this is the fact that I am very homely, but unfortunately at age 23 still have a raging sex drive. I am obviously a virgin but have never even had one date, held hands, or kissed a woman.

It has been a particularly difficult struggle, as I also happen to have a very strong libido and often have wet dreams, erections without warning, and think of sexual matters quite frequently.

While I do not judge those who utilize sex workers, I personally find the idea repulsive as I seek a true relationship where mutual attraction and a genuine affection exists.

Unfortunately this appears to be impossible for me since every woman I have ever asked out has stated that while they enjoyed our platonic friendship they simply found my looks to be too much of a turn off to take our friendship to the next level.

I get along very well with women in general and have had plenty of platonic friendships with women over the years but nothing more(romantic)........despite asking out many women from the age of about 14 until about age 21 when I threw in the towel.

I often feel depressed about my situation...especially upon reflection of the obvious fact that I am not to blame for my predicament--I did nothing wrong--Unfortunately I just had the bad luck of inheriting undesirable physically traits. I often wish I had won the genetic lottery like Zac Efron (oh what could have been!)

Consequently, I have began seeking a pathway to reduce or even eliminate my desire for sexually intimacy. I have considered chemical castration but have heard negative feedback regarding this procedure.

I'm curious if anyone here has any insight as to the availability of a procedure to lower testosterone levels and thereby reduce/eliminate libido? I am also wondering about any possible negative ramifications this may have on other areas of my health?

I would appreciate any insight from the medical community or those with experience in such a procedure.

BTW; I have a former co-worker who is 64, and after describing my unrequited desires he casually informed me that; "he doesn't find women attractive anymore!" I envy the nirvana he has attained! Yet at 23 years of my age, I find that my libido is stronger than ever. I understand testosterone levels decrease as one gets older, I simply wish I could make myself as numb to sexual desire as my 64 year old friend is! Any suggestions?

Thank you very much for your time and assitance.

Best.
You're 23....high T is normal.

If your testosterone is truly that high, use it to your advantage. Eat healthy, go to the gym and workout like a madman. Look up Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5 routines. Add in some basic jogging and interval training or swimming. Guys with high T can put on lean muscle mass with ease, so do that. Being pretty helps, but isn't that necessary if you have a nice body and some charm.

Once you get your beach body (don't skip squats/leg day because women love a man with a nice booty), find nice, athletic fit clothing that's tasteful and classy. Find a basic haircut that would look good on you or most any man and then keep searching. Make some female friends...women you have no interest in dating/have no interest in dating you and ask them to give you tips that would help in attracting other good women.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Read View Post
That's the opinion of 1 woman.
Unfortunately, it is the opinion of multiple women.
From about the age of 14 until I gave up 2 years ago at age 21, I asked out many different woman all of whom rejected me with a similar response.

As I said earlier some were nice about it and tried to let me down easily, others were harsh and mean, still others were completely indifferent to my plight. Many looked upon me with genuine pity.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
You're 23....high T is normal.

Yes, it may be "normal" at 23, but it is very unfortunate if you happen to be physical unattractive and as a result experience permanent unrequited sexual desire.

Consequently I am seeking to change my presently HIGH T into the nirvana of LOW T.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:24 PM

287 posts, read 363,279 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, it is the opinion of multiple women.
From about the age of 14 until I gave up 2 years ago at age 21, I asked out many different woman all of whom rejected me with a similar response.

As I said earlier some were nice about it and tried to let me down easily, others were harsh and mean, still others were completely indifferent to my plight. Many looked upon me with genuine pity.
Maybe you subconsciously seek out the wrong women. Get therapy. Improve yourself physically and mentally and put that high-T to good use, satisfying some woman you can connect with.

Your attitude is probably mostly to blame, not your looks. You can overcome it.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Read View Post
One very shallow, superficial woman. Why do you presume she speaks for all woman???
If all of the women I have ever asked out are rejecting me the same way-- maybe they are actually not shallow, or superficial maybe they are actually right about my looks being a turn off. If the majority of a group (in this case all women) is saying the same exact thing usually it is true.

In some ways their honesty is a blessing in disguise as it has helped me come to terms with the stark reality of my situation, and prepare myself for a celibate life without romance. My predicament, has made me into a realist, as I have no delusions of false hope where romance is concerned.

Since it appears my looks will keep me eternally celibate I strongly feel the best solution would be to find a way to quell my desire for sexuall intimacy---Since I will never get to experience it----At this point I am even considering castration, despite having previously heard some negative feedback. Any further information would be much appreciated!

Last edited by cdeville21; 12-19-2017 at 11:03 PM..

Old 12-19-2017, 11:02 PM

6,631 posts, read 4,298,457 times
I think you could benefit from some counseling. Your self-esteem seems awfully low.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
I think you could benefit from some counseling. Your self-esteem seems awfully low.
Your self-esteem would be awfully low to, if you had experienced 0% romantic success at almost 24 years of age and had a raging sex drive.

Even more frustrating is the ultimate personal acknowledgement that despite ones efforts at socializing it is nearly impossible to overcome being dealt the blow of poor genetics. Unfortunately, I was simply born unlucky as my looks are mostly out of my control.

Old 12-20-2017, 04:51 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Most of us know that all you have to do to disprove the op's idea that you must be better looking to find a partner is to look around you at other couples.
Everyone isn't what the op considers good looking but they've paired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness