Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 04:54 PM

52 posts, read 42,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post

Seek counseling with either a psychiatrist or a psychologist. I am having a hard time believing any of this.
Again, I don't see what good a psychiatrist or a psychologist will do as neither have the ability to eliminate my sex drive, or give me a new set of looks!

Perhaps, the reason you are having a "hard time believing any of this" is that like most individuals you were fortunate enough to inherit physical desirable features and thus attract a partner and therefore have a healthy sex life.

When you have something in abundance, like sex, it truly is quite difficult to see how it can be so scarce for others. It's quite like access to clean water. While you may think nothing of it, nearly half of the world's population do not have access to it.

If women as a whole were to find you unattractive/undesirable, then it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone why you would be hoping someone would be able to assist you in reducing your testosterone levels, and thereby reduce/eliminate your strong unrequited libido.

Try to Keep in mind that at almost 24 years of age I am not only still a virgin but have also never had even one date or even kissed a girl!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 05:35 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
No shame in my game. My wife is very intelligent, super fit, quite attractive and also blind. I don't know if I am homely, but I don't recall ever being called handsome. I decided not to take any chances. Worked for me.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:35 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeville21 View Post
Again, I don't see what good a psychiatrist or a psychologist will do as neither have the ability to eliminate my sex drive, or give me a new set of looks!

Perhaps, the reason you are having a "hard time believing any of this" is that like most individuals you were fortunate enough to inherit physical desirable features and thus attract a partner and therefore have a healthy sex life.

When you have something in abundance, like sex, it truly is quite difficult to see how it can be so scarce for others. It's quite like access to clean water. While you may think nothing of it, nearly half of the world's population do not have access to it.

If women as a whole were to find you unattractive/undesirable, then it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone why you would be hoping someone would be able to assist you in reducing your testosterone levels, and thereby reduce/eliminate your strong unrequited libido.

Try to Keep in mind that at almost 24 years of age I am not only still a virgin but have also never had even one date or even kissed a girl!
You should seek counseling to help you with your self image and to prevent you from doing something drastic.
24 is young. You have a very long life ahead of you and you are not thinking rationally. You can always hire a call girl who would help your self esteem immensely.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:57 PM

287 posts, read 363,377 times
I've seen people suffer horrible, disfiguring injuries in combat or accidents that still manage to find, attract and keep partners. It's your brain, not your looks, that are the problem. Keep up with the excuses, they are convenient to hide behind and not face the truth. Get therapy.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:02 PM

287 posts, read 363,377 times
Quote:
You should seek counseling to help you with your self image and to prevent you from doing something drastic.
24 is young. You have a very long life ahead of you and you are not thinking rationally. You can always hire a call girl who would help your self esteem immensely.
I wouldn't normally recommend this but maybe for you this is not bad advice. It may be crude to put it like this but sometimes you have to prime the pump to get the water flowing. Paying for sex the first time may not be the ideal way to you to lose the v-card but at least you get to experience it and see what you've been missing. And then you can imagine how amped up it might be with someone you actually care about.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:07 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Hello,

I am a 23 year old man who is seeking to REDUCE his testosterone levels.

My reason for this is the fact that I am very homely, but unfortunately at age 23 still have a raging sex drive. I am obviously a virgin but have never even had one date, held hands, or kissed a woman.

It has been a particularly difficult struggle, as I also happen to have a very strong libido and often have wet dreams, erections without warning, and think of sexual matters quite frequently.

While I do not judge those who utilize sex workers, I personally find the idea repulsive as I seek a true relationship where mutual attraction and a genuine affection exists.

Unfortunately this appears to be impossible for me since every woman I have ever asked out has stated that while they enjoyed our platonic friendship they simply found my looks to be too much of a turn off to take our friendship to the next level.

I get along very well with women in general and have had plenty of platonic friendships with women over the years but nothing more(romantic)........despite asking out many women from the age of about 14 until about age 21 when I threw in the towel.

I often feel depressed about my situation...especially upon reflection of the obvious fact that I am not to blame for my predicament--I did nothing wrong--Unfortunately I just had the bad luck of inheriting undesirable physically traits. I often wish I had won the genetic lottery like Zac Efron (oh what could have been!)

Consequently, I have began seeking a pathway to reduce or even eliminate my desire for sexually intimacy. I have considered chemical castration but have heard negative feedback regarding this procedure.

I'm curious if anyone here has any insight as to the availability of a procedure to lower testosterone levels and thereby reduce/eliminate libido? I am also wondering about any possible negative ramifications this may have on other areas of my health?

I would appreciate any insight from the medical community or those with experience in such a procedure.

BTW; I have a former co-worker who is 64, and after describing my unrequited desires he casually informed me that; "he doesn't find women attractive anymore!" I envy the nirvana he has attained! Yet at 23 years of my age, I find that my libido is stronger than ever. I understand testosterone levels decrease as one gets older, I simply wish I could make myself as numb to sexual desire as my 64 year old friend is! Any suggestions?

Thank you very much for your time and assitance.

Best.

Use your t-level to your advantage by exercising every day - run, lift, build muscle and maybe confidence - some women might be attracted to your body instead of your facial features.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:56 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,107 times
I advise you to start drinking heavily. It will probably reduce your "T" levels and it will help you to forget about all the sex you're not having.

Old 12-20-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
You can always hire a call girl who would help your self esteem immensely.
Strongly disagree!

The idea of being intimate with someone who is secretly disgusted the entire time but is only there for my hard earned money DISGUSTS ME! I have 0% Desire to be with a woman who is only there for the money!!!

First of all how would paying for something that almost everybody else gets for free help my already low self-esteem??

Already my thought process, goes something like this; "Wow, I must be pretty worthless/disgusting/deformed looking if I have to pay for something that normal looking guys get for free as frequently as multiple times a week!!"

In my opinion this is a highly self-destructive though process, that would make me 100 times more depressed than I already am!

The best solution in sight still seems to be reducing my testosterone levels, and thereby reduce/eliminate my strong unrequited libido: Result= Problem Solved!

Last edited by cdeville21; 12-20-2017 at 09:57 PM..

Old 12-20-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone Read View Post
Paying for sex the first time may not be the ideal way to you to lose the v-card but at least you get to experience it and see what you've been missing..
If I am paying for it I am not really experiencing it. It would simply be an emotionless business transaction.

And a big waste of my hard earned money!

Old 12-20-2017, 11:45 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Quote:
First of all how would paying for something that almost everybody else gets for free help my already low self-esteem??
Of course it won't help your self-esteem. But it will get you laid. About that "almost everybody else", are you sure about that? I don't know, there are an awful lot of prostitutes in existence. Someone pays them. Lots of someones I'm thinking. Some even have access to the free stuff and they still drop coin on the commercial variety. I would seriously consider the other posters advice. But try not to get busted doing it. Now that would definitely not do your self-esteem any favors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness