Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 11:25 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,622,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Well, as I see it, they are in our business as they work on protecting pharma's lead in the medical world. More and more are finding and working with alternative medicines/protocols and pharma wants to keep their lead. Allopathic medicine will always be in the scheme of it all, but there is plenty of room for other healing modalities. It's GREED, plain GREED by the AMA and those working with this organization.

Functional Medicine is Here To Stay and I have a link in Alt Med on this subject.
To any slogging through this mess of a thread, try reading each 'pro-homeopathy' post by inserting the word 'illuminati' as a substitute for 'Pharma' & 'Big Pharma'. I think it puts them in a more understandable light.

Oh, and traditional medicine is only 'allopathic' to homeopaths. The term was originally applied by them to such procedures as blood-letting, phrenology, and balancing bodily humors.

Last edited by rugrats2001; 12-22-2017 at 12:12 PM..

Old 12-22-2017, 12:35 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Natural and homeopathic medicine have absolutely NOTHING in common.

Natural medicine can be an excellent alternative for some specific maladies.

Homeopathic medicine is literally based on a complete misunderstanding of biology, chemistry, and physics.

And for the record, you are deluding yourself if you think that medicine has ever NOT been 'profit driven'. It has always provided income to those developing and practicing it.

I said they have a long history, meaning they have been used a lot longer NOT that they have anything in common.

Modern medicine works under a totally different principle. Billions of dollars in research, testing, funding other studies just to know if they work and more $ to know if they are even safe for human consumption. The cost is pass down to patients, who have to deal with hundreds of side effects and even death.
Natural and homeopathy medicine don't have to deal with that, we already know of their relative effectiveness and are 100% safe.

Saying they provide income to the people who develop and practice natural and homeopathy medicine is a misleading way of putting it. Of course they need to make a living, but every thinking person knows that natural and homeopathy medicine is a lot cheaper; while the latest medicines are outrageously expensive.

Old 12-22-2017, 12:40 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I said they have a long history, meaning they have been used a lot longer NOT that they have anything in common.

Modern medicine works under a totally different principle. Billions of dollars in research, testing, funding other studies just to know if they work and more $ to know if they are even safe for human consumptions. The cost is past down to patients, who have to deal with hundreds of side effects and even death.
Natural and homeopathy medicine don't have to deal with that, we already know of their relative effectiveness and are 100% safe.

Saying they provide income to the people who develop and practice natural and homeopathy medicine is a misleading way of putting it. Of course they need to make a living, but every thinking person knows that natural and homeopathy medicine is a lot cheaper; while the latest medicines are outrageously expensive.
Excellent, love how some do their best efforts to knock homeopathics and other MORE naturals.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:07 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,474,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
All the blind faith on conventional medicine is backed up by nothing but the studies they themselves fund. I prefer to take my chances with natural and homeopathy medicine.

Here is what the fda have to say:

Interviewer:: As commissioner of the fda you can't tell us sitting here now that every drug being used in the U.S. is safe and effective?
fda commissioner: No, I really cannot.

How hypocritical!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsph4WzU-v0
Not being able to claim everything is safe does NOT mean all drugs evaluated by the FDA are dangerous nor worthless either.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:20 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
Not being able to claim everything is safe does NOT mean all drugs evaluated by the FDA are dangerous nor worthless either.
That is true. My point is the hypocrisy: The proposal takes a firmer grip on homeopathic drugs, which are sold in the US without proof that they are safe and effective, as with formal FDA drug approval. Yet they are hundreds of medicines consumed by millions of people that are proven to hurt and even kill people in comparison with homeopathy which is close to zero.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:20 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
SQ:

Proof, you want proof. Give me proof that the pharma drugs cure cancers...I said a while back I just lost a friend after about 6 various cancer drug tries. Another friend is in the battle with a barriage of drugs and time will tell with her.

I have a friend online who owns a blog and she's doing all her own treatments. Last I heard she was doing good and the photo of her looked like she was pretty healthy.
So there is no proof? A random, online stranger with a blog is your trusted proof? How do you know they even had cancer? How do you know they weren't getting traditional treatment along side natural treatment? Do they happen to sell supplements or have affiliate links?

Old 12-22-2017, 01:29 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
So there is no proof? A random, online stranger with a blog is your trusted proof? How do you know they even had cancer? How do you know they weren't getting traditional treatment along side natural treatment? Do they happen to sell supplements or have affiliate links?
I probably trust stranger blogs who speak of their experiences vs pharma drug pushers. They all are in it to make money and I know that and some harp how much homeopathy makes...good grief, hardly a drop vs pharma.

I'm one who would do a blog on my favorite supplement IF I had the where with all and desire...and I'm certainly a stranger to everyone but ME. Plenty of honest people out there and a lot of paid ones who "sell" their drugs.

Since this is about homeopathy, I spent some time on ABC Homeopathy worldwide support forum and believed those people as their choice of medicines is primarily homeopathics. I do keep an OPEN Mind for all healing protocols.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:29 PM

587 posts, read 304,812 times
The FDA needs to investigate the pharmaceutical industry and the many dangerous drugs their doctors push every year ..

Old 12-22-2017, 01:31 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,803,058 times
Homeopaths: Why are homeopathic remedies labeled as “alternative”? They should be taken seriously and treated like mainstream medicine.

FDA: We’re going to start taking Homeopathic remedies seriously and treating them like other medicine by regulating them for quality control.

Homeopaths: This is an attack!! No fair!!

Old 12-22-2017, 01:48 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
From: FDA takes on homeopathic drugs with potential safety risks - CNN the FDA "plans to go after homeopathic remedies that are unsafe for consumers and offer unproven benefits in the treatment of serious illnesses, such as cancer and asthma, the agency announced Monday".

They go on to state: "Many scientific studies have found no evidence that these drugs are effective against cancer, dementia, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and a host of other conditions."

They also state that this is a $3 billion dollar and growing market. Any major changes will face stiff resistance.
Well, this would explain why the homeopathic thyroid remedy I've been using to great success for the last 8 years was taken off the market, and a bit later--similar substitutes I found for it. They claimed (according to an endocrinologist I spoke to, who knew about the FDA's action) that glandular materials weren't safe, due to "mad cow disease", including glandulars from other animals as well. But they're not preventing Pharma from making thyroid remedies based on glandular material. So...hmm.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness