Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 10:25 AM

10,230 posts, read 6,314,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
OK, so there is more to them then just water as Suzy claims. How often has this been an issue? I know that the teething tablets have been pulled but otherwise, I haven't heard anything about people dying or getting sick from homeopathic medicine.
Teething tablets? My Dad used to soak a cotton ball with Whiskey and put that on my gums. That would warrant a visit from the CPS today.

I wonder what the FDA is going to do about what used to be called "Old Wives Home Remedies"? Warning this Apple Cider Vinegar (or Garlic, Coconuts) is not to be used for Medicinal Purposes!

Old 12-21-2017, 10:27 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You still have not answered my question.

Why shouldn't homeopathy have to demonstrate that it is effective for the claims it makes?

How do you know homeopathy can treat cancer?

No money in homeopathy, eh?

You can exercise, eat right, and still get cancer.

This how alt med (does not) treat cancer:

Wellness Warrior blogger Jessica Ainscough, dies of cancer at age 30 | Daily Mail Online
Of course there is money in homeopathy, under $8 for my little "tap water" tabs 100 ct bottle that help me to sleep,,,BTW I slept my normal 8-10 hrs last night. I see so many up half the night on the computers, maybe if they tried some sleep homeopathics, sleep is what they would be doing.

There is money in everything, money makes life go around..but pharma drugs good GRIEF.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-21-2017 at 11:34 AM..

Old 12-21-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Glad you find it useful. It is hard to find honest and true information now. It's all a competition for our money.
What I did hear at the end of the video and I'll listen to it again, that the main N.D. worked to get other MD's form integrative groups of doctors and many joined in and when it was time to act, some of the MD's just could not break some kind of oath. Good grief.

I see only integrative MD's for the last 15 yrs. My current MD is in practice alone. We have integrative clinics in this area. California is a major state for functional medicine doctors. There is just so MUCH Anger from some when others make their health improvements with other than pharma drugs. I say whatever works but so many just don't want to admit that.

This great DIVIDE goes on all the time here in H&W. Yes Divide in how others choose to do their healing.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 12-21-2017 at 10:45 AM..

Old 12-21-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billielbert View Post
I am not sure how come the CNN given this statement whie I already have been successfully treated with Asthma during my childhood time. I have taken 06 month of homeopathic medicine and i am free from Asthma.
Who knows??? Could be the pharma lobbyists were doing their jobs for their fat paychecks and targeted CNN to bring this up.

In all fairness in reporting, CNN needs to do a exposure on the millions that die from pharma drugs.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:54 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
If so then why is the FDA wasting it's time investigating something as benign as water? They are worried about the safety of....water??? I think they are actually worried about competition.
Do you think the FDA automatically believes claims in the absence of any supporting evidence from pharmaceutical companies? Why would they take the hawkers of homeopathic remedies at their word without at least checking that the ingredient list is accurate and there aren't dangerous levels of impurities?

Old 12-21-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You still have not answered my question.

Why shouldn't homeopathy have to demonstrate that it is effective for the claims it makes?

How do you know homeopathy can treat cancer?

No money in homeopathy, eh?

You can exercise, eat right, and still get cancer.

This how alt med (does not) treat cancer:

Wellness Warrior blogger Jessica Ainscough, dies of cancer at age 30 | Daily Mail Online
Cancerous skin lesions can be burned off at home. Ever consider that? Homeopathic method? FDA going to police that too? Imagine all the money lost by the medical industry over that.

It is all about the money.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:17 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Cancerous skin lesions can be burned off at home. Ever consider that?

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-21-2017, 11:22 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Do you think the FDA automatically believes claims in the absence of any supporting evidence from pharmaceutical companies? Why would they take the hawkers of homeopathic remedies at their word without at least checking that the ingredient list is accurate and there aren't dangerous levels of impurities?
Evidence from the pharmaceutical companies? Are you saying that the pharmaceutical companies are the ones who swayed the FDA to look into the dangerous homeopathics? Shouldn't the pharmaceutical companies be more concerned with the dangers of their own drugs?

Old 12-21-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Where there's the will, there's the way.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:24 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Evidence from the pharmaceutical companies? Are you saying that the pharmaceutical companies are the ones who swayed the FDA to look into the dangerous homeopathics?

That is clearly not what she is saying.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness