Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 11:35 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
if i may go so far as to gently suggest that the mods close this thread until the op has received a diagnosis.

Many helpful posts are actually making things worse for the op.
+1.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:56 AM

689 posts, read 973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni855 View Post
Thank you Layla. I did think it may be a lactose thing as a while ago I sat down and had a cup of tea and a custard type milk dessert. By the time I had come to the end of it, I was urgently needing to open my bowels and nearly didn't make it in time. That said, Would it cause bleeding from time to time?

I noticed before I got ill that I seemed to react a bit strangely to milk. As for wheat, I got tested for coeliac so will be interesting to see how that comes back.

As for the probiotics, I accidentially took 2 instead of the recommended 1 and then another one the next day. A couple of days after the diarrhoea came back. Don't know if that is a coincidence but seemed a bit odd to me and has put me off wanting to take them again although I think my stomach really needs it.
Any significant bowel irritation can cause bleeding. It's a broad symptom and often can come from severe, persistent diarrhea. Even one of my dogs had it. As far as the wheat issue, many, many people I know suffer from wheat sensitivity and inability to digest properly and they've tested negative for celiac - so I wouldn't use that as your (only) definitive diagnosis. You can still have plenty of issues and my doctor advised that the full scope of this is just not well understood yet.

As far as the probiotic, of course if they're bothering you don't take them. But you may have just taxed your system by taking too much. If you have some kind of infection, you could also be experiencing a die-off of some of the unhealthy bacteria since the probiotic helps fight against the bad guys.

Assuming nothing too serious shows up, you may want to consider consulting with a holistic / naturpathic physician. There are many non-toxic, gentle digestive solutions out there that can help you heal and prevent future issues. I will not suggest more right now because it wouldn't be helpful until you've gone through all of your diagnostic testing.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:59 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Nothing is right about this, it is either cancer or an ibd and I am terrified, just the most extreme terror.

Well you need to get a grip - the two are entirely different. And you already have catastrophised it - "its likely to be cancer" (you have a lot of experience in these diagnoses I guess) and "I need to start 'making arrangements' "

People are suggesting therapy because you have gotten hysterical straight away. Even if it is bowel cancer, you'll then need to find out what stage etc. If its IBD - its basically making some lifestyle changes and drug therapy to get to a good quality of life.

Pull yourself together.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:09 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Two friends of mine have had colonscopies and said it was very painful I am not good with pain. I have got through many dental procedures with no pain such as crowns and root canals but I am definitely a wimp when it comes to these things. The anxiety right now is insane. I am terrified of the procedure AND what they will find. I really do need to speak to my doctor again tomorrow and explain how terribly anxious I am.
well with the time difference I am sure, by the time we get up tomorrow you will have seen the doctor and I hope you do talk with him as your attitude is not anywhere near normal.

Old 01-02-2018, 02:30 PM

191 posts, read 267,739 times
Well I am worried sick as I know they will be talking to me about how abnormal my results are and how I need an urgent referral

Old 01-02-2018, 04:02 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:
Well I am worried sick as I know they will be talking to me about how abnormal my results are and how I need an urgent referral
Of course we understand how worried you are. BUT, you don't know anything yet, and won't until your appointment. There are multiple possibilities here, cancer only being one. You are probably making things worse for your gut by catastrophizing it. Look at your appointment/test in a different way....because of it, you will most likely know what you need to do...what comes next, what course to take regardless of the diagnosis. This can be very empowering and a huge relief, which will help your symptoms. Don't borrow trouble in the mean time.

Old 01-02-2018, 04:27 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
You have said the same thing over and over and over...without changing your comments, all the while ignoring all the excellent posts on this thread.

Could this be tr$lling?

[/b]
Quote:

Old 01-02-2018, 04:31 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have had diverticulosis for years must like my father did. I have flare ups from time to time but have learned to live with it. Oh btw, when I had my last colonoscopy my surgeon did say the old "eating no nuts" really isn't anything to worry about. Apparently studies are showing there is no connection between the two. I am certainly not suggesting you eat nuts if you have learned to keep seeds out of your diet, I just wanted to add that.
Interesting..my primary care physician told me that and so did the doc who did the colonoscopy. I just changed insurers so I will ask my new doc once I get one.

Old 01-02-2018, 04:33 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
take a break, go for a long walk, watch a movie, read a book you are obsessing over this for no reason at all. You said you are young which in all likelihood means you will be fine.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:26 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Closed for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness