Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 01:24 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times

Advertisements

I've found that eating just soup and jello (not red or purple) for a few days before the cleanse makes the cleanse so much easier. In fact, I could drink only 1/2 the prep and be totally cleaned out because of what I eat and dont eat in the days beforehand. (But I do drink all the cleanse.)

Old 12-31-2017, 01:27 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,337 times
OP, just to share I had the same symptoms as you. Constantly alot of trapped wind I couldn't get rid of, which is mainly felt on left abdominal and loose bowels.

Recently the gas and jumpy tummy got worst affecting my sleep, as well as started having diarrhea after eating. One thing I tried is probiotics which seems to really help. Excessive gas, fluttery stomach and loose bowels are toned down, more importantly no diarrhea after eating.
Now I'm on my daily probiotics course to improve and try not to be stress. I feel better since nutrients are probably better absorbed and healthier gut. You might want to try and see if it helps, remember to get a good high strength and single strain probiotics.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:52 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni855 View Post
I am due back for test results Wednesday but know a colonscopy will be next step. Everyone says they are really painful and I have a panic attack just thinking about it. I don't think it is microscopic colitis as the diarrhoea isn't watery and sometimes has blood in
A colonoscopy isn’t painful at all. Prep isn’t even that bad. My friends doctor makes her drink a gallon of stuff, my doctor told me to pick up two 10 ounce bottles of magnesium citrate. It comes in a lemon flavor and you can mix it with Seven Up or Sprite or Lemon favored sparkling mineral water. Drink one at four PM and one at four AM. I had to eat lemonor orange jello the day before. It’s inconvenient, but it’s not awful.

You go in to the huge room, because there’s a dozen people all doing this, too, go into you curtained cubicle, take off your clothes, get into a gown, get into bed, get all toasty. Then they give you a sedative, wheel you in the room, knock you out, and then they wake you up back in your cubicle. They monitor you for a bit and you get dressed and leave.

Totally get why Michael Jackson loved the propofol sleep. You pop right out of it and you’re not groggy or goofy. Still have to have someone drive you home.

Do not fear the the colonoscopy.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:17 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,975 times
Quote:
Doctor is very concerned and although hasn't said it is bowel cancer, it does seem likely, either that or an inflammatory disease.
Quote:
Why do I need a therapist? I have bowel cancer or at best a delibitatating inflammatory disease diagnosis. I need to start making arrangements
Because it doesn't sound like the doctor has done any kind of tests yet and you go to the worst situation possible.

Cancer if caught early is very curable. If it is bowel cancer you can live with a 'bag.' My BIL has IBS his whole life and he's 66. Stopped playing basketball at 60.

You are 32. Come on, that alone is in your favor. Go see a therapist, this isn't just about your health issue.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:19 PM

777 posts, read 1,872,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Then they give you a sedative, wheel you in the room, knock you out...
Not in the UK!!! The OP has repeatedly stated they live in the UK, where the standard of care for colonoscopy differs from that of the US. UK colonoscopy patients get an optional sedative and pain medication. They do not get knocked out. Please stop referring to US practices, which are not helpful to the OP!

Old 12-31-2017, 02:24 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggier View Post
Not in the UK!!! The OP has repeatedly stated they live in the UK, where the standard of care for colonoscopy differs from that of the US. UK colonoscopy patients get an optional sedative and pain medication. They do not get knocked out. Please stop referring to US practices, which are not helpful to the OP!
Thanks, so many seem to be missing this about the OP.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:26 PM

10,895 posts, read 7,389,984 times
I've had several 'scopes. For some I've been asleep through the procedure, for others in a state of drowsy awareness. I like being able to watch the screen and ask questions.

I've never talked to anyone in person who said the scope was painful. We all complain about the cleanout, but the procedure itself is a piece of cake. I think a few people do have problems, and it gets blown out of proportion. It's all about the ick factor.

OP, you seem to be focusing on the negatives in this thread and ignoring the positives. That's making this whole thing a lot harder for you; you're spiraling out of control. You HAVE NOT been diagnosed with any disease, and your symptoms could be something easily cured.

Keep in mind: "Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof," a.k.a. "Don't go borrowing trouble."

Like the song says, "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative."

Old 12-31-2017, 02:33 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,781,844 times
jenni, do not fear! I'm sure they'll give you intravenous sedation and pain medication. I've had colonoscopy that way, didn't feel a thing. I've also had it done without ANY medication, and honestly, most of it was painless, the brief worst part of it was no worse than bad cramps when one has diarrhea. The procedure is nothing to be frightened of.

Colon cancer doesn't show up the way you're describing. Inflammatory bowel disease, maybe. But even a simply bacterial infection, like Campylobacter, could cause symptoms such as you're describing.

Did they do a stool culture?

Old 12-31-2017, 03:17 PM

191 posts, read 267,630 times
Thank you everyone, Your replies have really helped me.
They did do a stool culture but it came back clear which is why I am panicking as I was sure it would flag up a simple infection. I have done another 2 samples and a blood test and am getting the results on Wednesday. I am petrified about this.
Rosie, That is reassuring that your daughters infection didn't show up immediately. I so hope it is nothing sinister. Today, I have only had diarrhoea once but still convinced it is a inflammatory disease despite having no stomach/bowel problems before in my life. It's frightening. I just hope I can find the strength to pull through and deal with whatever it is as right now, terror is just overuling my life.

Old 12-31-2017, 04:28 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
And that is why you need therapy! Nothing needs to rule your life, certainly not terror! Many people like to offer horror stories that aren't close to being true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.