Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 05:32 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,540,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Funny. It was BECAUSE I followed the instructions of my physician that I ended up crippled, with a rare DNA mutation DIRECTLY linked to statin drugs and a life of permanent pain. Doctors are not gods, and many of them care more about getting the kick-backs and perks than about keeping people off dangerous drugs. There is no proof that high cholesterol kills, Cholesterol is a necessary building block for the brain and muscles, including the heart, to operate properly. Just because not everyone suffers side affects does not mean those who do should be treated like idiots.
Friend of mine, a woman, suffered permanent muscle damage due to the statin her dr told her to take. Even after the episode the MD couldnt understand why she didnt want to try another different statin. MDs are Very clueless. Very scary.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:16 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,482,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Friend of mine, a woman, suffered permanent muscle damage due to the statin her dr told her to take. Even after the episode the MD couldnt understand why she didnt want to try another different statin. MDs are Very clueless. Very scary.
I am not surprised. When I first started complaining to the doctor about side effects he outright denied that statins were causing the problem. Plus, instead of telling me to do LESS exercise he told me to do even more, to "shake it off." As those of us with statin damage now know, the more you exercise the worse it gets. I went from regular hikes, riding my bike 10 miles daily (after working 8 hours), driving and working a physically active job to hardly being able to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I had to leave my job, hang up the hiking boots, and also sold my car and bike. Doctor thought at this point that I was going to soon be in a wheelchair and then suffer an early death. After the damage was done he finally agreed that I should never take them again. Hahahahahahahahahaha! To add insult to injury Kaiser then refused approval to conduct any tests needed to determine statin damage and the progression of it. They refused to allow a second opinion from a non-Kaiser provider. When I finally got them to agree, with the help of a new doctor, to let UCLA, as well as a Kaiser lab, read the results of my muscle biopsy, they hid the UCLA results for MONTHS, but released the Kaiser results stating nothing was wrong. A phone call by me to UCLA netted the "lost" results, which they had proof of sending to Kaiser. The UCLA results stated categorically that I had a rare DNA mutation caused by statin damage.

The naysayers here, and those who blame the victims for "not reading the fine print" have no idea of the true hell those suffering from statin damage go through. Nor do they have any concept of what it is like dealing with doctors and health providers who add further insult by denying your damages in order to protect themselves and the money they are making.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:23 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Cyanna: I have heard of some narley damages but your issues are pretty horrible. Did you take statins a long time? A friend took them for like 20 yrs and lifelong neuropathy are the results.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:27 PM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
I am not surprised. When I first started complaining to the doctor about side effects he outright denied that statins were causing the problem. Plus, instead of telling me to do LESS exercise he told me to do even more, to "shake it off." As those of us with statin damage now know, the more you exercise the worse it gets. I went from regular hikes, riding my bike 10 miles daily (after working 8 hours), driving and working a physically active job to hardly being able to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I had to leave my job, hang up the hiking boots, and also sold my car and bike. Doctor thought at this point that I was going to soon be in a wheelchair and then suffer an early death. After the damage was done he finally agreed that I should never take them again. Hahahahahahahahahaha! To add insult to injury Kaiser then refused approval to conduct any tests needed to determine statin damage and the progression of it. They refused to allow a second opinion from a non-Kaiser provider. When I finally got them to agree, with the help of a new doctor, to let UCLA, as well as a Kaiser lab, read the results of my muscle biopsy, they hid the UCLA results for MONTHS, but released the Kaiser results stating nothing was wrong. A phone call by me to UCLA netted the "lost" results, which they had proof of sending to Kaiser. The UCLA results stated categorically that I had a rare DNA mutation caused by statin damage.

The naysayers here, and those who blame the victims for "not reading the fine print" have no idea of the true hell those suffering from statin damage go through. Nor do they have any concept of what it is like dealing with doctors and health providers who add further insult by denying your damages in order to protect themselves and the money they are making.
Statins will not cause your DNA to mutate. If you have a DNA mutation, you were born with it.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:36 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
You just have high blood sugar? I don't remember exactly what you said you had.
HPB and sugar. But the BP has been dropping and the next month if it stays down I will stop that med..
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-22-2018, 05:02 AM

3,075 posts, read 1,540,961 times
Quote:

I feel for you. When my dr wanted me to take a statin because she didnt like my cholestrol numbers, I said no thanks. I wasnt going to take the chance of muscle damage and give up riding my horse etc to satisfy the medical profession.
My husband has taken them for yrs with no side effects but he sits in front of a computer allday. Not my lifestyle.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Cyanna: I have heard of some narley damages but your issues are pretty horrible. Did you take statins a long time? A friend took them for like 20 yrs and lifelong neuropathy are the results.
I took them for just under three years, starting at 10 mg and then being doubled to 20 mg daily. So called experts were trying to claim that anything under 40 mg would not cause damage, when in fact people on even low doses are being terribly damaged.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
I feel for you. When my dr wanted me to take a statin because she didnt like my cholestrol numbers, I said no thanks. I wasnt going to take the chance of muscle damage and give up riding my horse etc to satisfy the medical profession.
My husband has taken them for yrs with no side effects but he sits in front of a computer allday. Not my lifestyle.
Those who are the most active physically tend to be harmed the most. Possibly because high activity helps to pump this poison into the system quicker.

Old 05-22-2018, 10:39 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Those who are the most active physically tend to be harmed the most. Possibly because high activity helps to pump this poison into the system quicker.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-22-2018, 11:20 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times
The drug companies have come out with research showing that when patients get side effects from statins, it's mostly in their mind.

They found that when patients knew they were taking statins, they were much more likely to report muscle problems than if they didn't know. Patients were just as likely to report side effects if they were taking a placebo and thought it was a statin drug.

I just wonder how they made the research come out this way, or seem to come out this way.

There is evidence https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/298911.php that statins can interfere with the mitochondria in muscle cells.

Still, we now "know" that muscle problems from statins are mostly imaginary. Disregard all research that says otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness