Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 08:01 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,182,251 times

Advertisements

I feel for you. Last week, woke up with the worst pain in my neck down in to my right shoulder. I've never felt anything like it before and have no idea what happened. The next few nights were so hard to sleep due to pain. I literally had to lift my head up off my pillow. It took a good week to work itself out. Whatever happened, I don't want it to happen again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 01:48 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,490,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolegator View Post
I hope your ER trip went better than mine for neck pain. They treated me like I was a drug seeker even though I insisted I didn't want narcotics, I just wanted a CT scan. They told me I should wait to see my primary doctor and I told them I was so nauseous and dizzy I wouldn't be able to drive home. Only then did I get a CT scan
Oh I feel bad for you Nolegator! I hope you were able to get some relief.

I actually got 2 shots in my butt , one was for swelling and one was some sort of muscle relaxer. I had to sit there for an hour after I got them, maybe so they could assess me since I drove there myself. And I got 2 prescriptions, one for ibuprofen 800 for swelling (?? not sure) and another one with codeine in it for pain. I didn't ask for any narcotics and I don't know if codeine is a narcotic, but I didn't feel like a drug seeker. The doctor could see the swelling and see it moving my right shoulder blade when he tested me. I did ask him what he would do if it was him. All in all, it was a good visit, it's a big Miami hospital with a giant ER department and I was in and out of there in 2 hours!

Old 01-08-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I feel for you. Last week, woke up with the worst pain in my neck down in to my right shoulder. I've never felt anything like it before and have no idea what happened. The next few nights were so hard to sleep due to pain. I literally had to lift my head up off my pillow. It took a good week to work itself out. Whatever happened, I don't want it to happen again!
Exactly my story! Same right side and all! Did you go to the doctor? I hope this never returns for you!!

Mine started Dec 29th so a little more than a week ago. Dec 30th I went to urgent care and this past Saturday, Jan 6th I went to the ER. I haven't been able to do much since this started, I even have to hold my right arm just to brush my teeth!! Yesterday morning the pain was the worst it's ever been, you are right, it's so hard to sleep. Today the pain is almost gone (not quite, but it's so much better), so whatever shots the ER gave me has worked and I haven't taken any of the pain medicine at all today. I did make an appointment for physical therapy for tomorrow, I don't really feel like going because I feel pretty good right now, but I need to go to find out why my neck/shoulder are causing pain now and then. I know this won't be the last of this problem if I don't try to fix it soon.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:04 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Exactly my story! Same right side and all! Did you go to the doctor? I hope this never returns for you!!

Mine started Dec 29th so a little more than a week ago. Dec 30th I went to urgent care and this past Saturday, Jan 6th I went to the ER. I haven't been able to do much since this started, I even have to hold my right arm just to brush my teeth!! Yesterday morning the pain was the worst it's ever been, you are right, it's so hard to sleep. Today the pain is almost gone (not quite, but it's so much better), so whatever shots the ER gave me has worked and I haven't taken any of the pain medicine at all today. I did make an appointment for physical therapy for tomorrow, I don't really feel like going because I feel pretty good right now, but I need to go to find out why my neck/shoulder are causing pain now and then. I know this won't be the last of this problem if I don't try to fix it soon.

Glad you are better! Do you know what injection meds you were given???

Old 01-08-2018, 07:44 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,073 times
Cyclobenzaprine takes about 10 days to kick in. It helps with nerve pain.

Ibuprofen or Tylenol works for pain as it's an anti inflammatory.

A very warm shower, with the pulse/massage setting helps too. You need to let the shower spray over the affected area ,15 minutes. This is to relax the muscles.

Biofreeze helps as well, freezes the area, but it's temporary.

You may want to look into back stretches, or certain yoga poses that will bring relief. It works!

Advice from a nerve,joint,and muscle pain sufferer.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Glad you are better! Do you know what injection meds you were given???
Hi greatblueheron, I was given:

Norflex Injectable: 60 mg, IntraMuscular, Once
Toradol: 60 mg, IntraMuscular, Once.

The pain has started again, but not quite as bad as yesterday morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness