Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 08:09 AM

997 posts, read 711,596 times

Advertisements

Recently I had excruciating pain on my left hip side, radiating to buttocks. I could barely walk. It hurt to change position in bed. It hurt to stand and then walk after lying in bed. I was on vacation when it started up, and I was limping and walking slow. Then because I was guarding my left hip and putting pressure on my R leg to compensate, I began to have R Heel pain and it hurts to put pressure on it.
I don't know which is worse!
How did you get relief from either bursitis or foot pain? The doctor checked my hip and I have full motion in my hip, it does not need to be replaced. Said it was Bursitis. She prescribed exercises and a NSAID for pain. Pain has subsided. But this heel pain! Doctor says it will go away.....why does it ache so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 08:28 AM

10,103 posts, read 6,452,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJuly View Post
Recently I had excruciating pain on my left hip side, radiating to buttocks. I could barely walk. It hurt to change position in bed. It hurt to stand and then walk after lying in bed. I was on vacation when it started up, and I was limping and walking slow. Then because I was guarding my left hip and putting pressure on my R leg to compensate, I began to have R Heel pain and it hurts to put pressure on it.
I don't know which is worse!
How did you get relief from either bursitis or foot pain? The doctor checked my hip and I have full motion in my hip, it does not need to be replaced. Said it was Bursitis. She prescribed exercises and a NSAID for pain. Pain has subsided. But this heel pain! Doctor says it will go away.....why does it ache so!
I occasionally have bursitis in my left hip, and use Voltaren gel to get relief. I also apply heat/cold alternately. However, in the past I had bursitis in the same hip to the point where I could not walk without limping ( getting out of a car or a chair I would walk like a crab for several minutes). I got a steroid shot in my hip from an orthopedic physician and it worked wonders. If the bursitis ever gets that bad again I will do the same thing with another steriod shot. It's not worth suffering that much pain to me.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:44 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,784,983 times
I deal with bodywide advancing arthritis and probably bursitis ache/pain in the greater trochanter area on my right side. I did have hip replacement in 2010, but stuff goes on, fix one area and aggrevate another. It's aging for starters and for me a very active life of moving a lot. I use a lot of ointments and do a lot of stretches. No steroid shots here as they are a short bandaid if they even work, plus they are know to break down our bones. Stretching out the body FOR ME, does wonders to relief pain.

My feet have been the last to achieve that arthritis status....big status huh.

I nurse my feet and every night I rub them with Vicks Salve and to my jar of Vicks I add small amounts of Aspercream. Wear socks to sleep and do this again in the morning, socks again.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 01-25-2018 at 11:05 AM..

Old 01-26-2018, 06:47 PM

997 posts, read 711,596 times
Thank you both for your advice!

Old 01-26-2018, 07:55 PM

19,551 posts, read 9,563,880 times
Never the hip (so far, anyways) but have had heel pain. I agree, it does make it very difficult to walk on. I have limped a lot when that happened. I think that has happened a couple of times. It did sloooowly go away. I'm not even sure what caused it. I did rolling ice and foot stretching exercises, oh and massage and aspirin.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:22 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,784,983 times
On my heel pain issue, I try to keep my heel from rubbing against sheets while sleep, this means a towel roll or elevating my leg somewhat on pillow. Mine does not bother me while walking it's the rubbing on the sheets. I need to buy some more advanced foot therapy cream I think.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:54 AM

10,103 posts, read 6,452,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I deal with bodywide advancing arthritis and probably bursitis ache/pain in the greater trochanter area on my right side. I did have hip replacement in 2010, but stuff goes on, fix one area and aggrevate another. It's aging for starters and for me a very active life of moving a lot. I use a lot of ointments and do a lot of stretches. No steroid shots here as they are a short bandaid if they even work, plus they are know to break down our bones. Stretching out the body FOR ME, does wonders to relief pain.

My feet have been the last to achieve that arthritis status....big status huh.

I nurse my feet and every night I rub them with Vicks Salve and to my jar of Vicks I add small amounts of Aspercream. Wear socks to sleep and do this again in the morning, socks again.
I'm not worried about one steroid shot breaking down my bones. If the seven years my body was flooded with cortisol while I had Cushing's Disease didn't already do so, one shot won't do so either.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:05 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,560,901 times
I have had both and I got rid of both. How - apple cider vinegar. I took ONE glass of it diluted in distilled water (drink via a straw not to hurt your teeth) per day and it worked both times. I had suffered with PF for a year and nothing worked.

I am not sure how it works but I suspect it has to do with magnesium which ACV has in spades. I believe both PF and bursitis are caused by excess calcium in the blood. When you irritate your bone (via pressure or banging) your body sends calcium to cover it to assist in healing. But once healed if you have too much calcium your body doesn't get rid of it fully leading to additional irritation from the calcium.

Plantar Fasciitis used to be called "heel spurr" because you had extra calcium on your heel which was visible in x-rays.

I believe everything they say about PF today is wrong. I believe that it is an issue not of the tendon being tight but of the heel having a spurr. This is why almost no one who follows medical advice on PF has any real relief.

My bursitis also started after lying on my hip in bed.

You have nothing to lose. Also I found this on Earth Clinic so you can check that out and see what people say.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:45 AM

1,088 posts, read 1,465,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I occasionally have bursitis in my left hip, and use Voltaren gel to get relief. I also apply heat/cold alternately. However, in the past I had bursitis in the same hip to the point where I could not walk without limping ( getting out of a car or a chair I would walk like a crab for several minutes). I got a steroid shot in my hip from an orthopedic physician and it worked wonders. If the bursitis ever gets that bad again I will do the same thing with another steriod shot. It's not worth suffering that much pain to me.
I have bursitis in my right hip. I was diagnosed when I was 41, just after a fall down several of my parents' basement stairs. I ignored the pain (and took huge amounts of ibuprofen) for several weeks. I took a 600-mile road trip and I wasn't sure I was going to make it back home. I finally went for a steroid shot and it worked miracles. I've had one every six to eight months since.

Voltaren gel is also one of my best friends. It really helps when the pain starts again until I can get the ortho for another shot. I highly recommend it.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:04 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,237,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
I have had both and I got rid of both. How - apple cider vinegar. I took ONE glass of it diluted in distilled water (drink via a straw not to hurt your teeth) per day and it worked both times. I had suffered with PF for a year and nothing worked.

I am not sure how it works but I suspect it has to do with magnesium which ACV has in spades. I believe both PF and bursitis are caused by excess calcium in the blood. When you irritate your bone (via pressure or banging) your body sends calcium to cover it to assist in healing. But once healed if you have too much calcium your body doesn't get rid of it fully leading to additional irritation from the calcium.

Plantar Fasciitis used to be called "heel spurr" because you had extra calcium on your heel which was visible in x-rays.

I believe everything they say about PF today is wrong. I believe that it is an issue not of the tendon being tight but of the heel having a spurr. This is why almost no one who follows medical advice on PF has any real relief.

My bursitis also started after lying on my hip in bed.

You have nothing to lose. Also I found this on Earth Clinic so you can check that out and see what people say.
Once again your “theories” are nonsense

Apple cider vinegar doesn’t cure plantar fasciitis or trochanter is bursitis and neither condition is caused by excess calcium in the blood

Plantar fasciitis is NOT synonymous with heel spur and while heel spurs may be seen in the setting of this condition it is not necessary to have a heel spur in order to have plantar fasciitis which makes your theory of the disease moot

As far as Your statement that almost no one who follows medical advice will see relief from plantar fasciitis? More unsupported nonsense. As someone who has treated hundreds of people with this condition I can tell you that the exact opposite is true

Keep spinning your fairy tales
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness