Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 11:26 AM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I'm 74 and my hearing is crystal clear, although I take a lot of prescribed meds and I dont take grape seed extract.
My father's side of the family seemed to be prone to hearing loss, probably age-related. Great grandfather, grandfather/grandmother, their brothers, cousins. All seemed to live with hearing loss. My Dad became progressively hard of hearing during the latter 30 years of his life. He didn't spend years working in noisy environments other than a typical stint in the Navy. He only started one or two pharma meds (low dose diuretic, an occasional antibiotic or steroid) during the last few years before he died but was significantly deaf long before that. Because of that heredity I get my hearing checked. No one has to tell me it might be a good idea.

Last edited by Parnassia; 08-03-2020 at 11:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 10:28 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
So far my hearing is OK. One of my sibs inherited my Dad’s nerve deafness. Last year, I passed a simple hearing test, but I can tell that I don’t hear as well as I used to. I assume that eventually, if I live long enough, I’ll need help with my hearing.

One thing I know, is that being deaf, or partially deaf, is very isolating.

Vision and hearing tests are important for us old folks. So are dental check ups. Blood tests are important as well. As we age, we need to monitor our health. But if we think a test is unwarranted, we need to ask for more information. And then we can accept or refuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness