Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 01:24 PM

6,954 posts, read 12,002,202 times

Advertisements

Oh Elyn, I know what you mean. I had to put my beloved schnoodle to sleep in January and I sobbed continuously for 3 days and nights. That is what brought on my current illness. Crying blocks up your nose, sinus and what ever. Not good. Hope you find just the right home for Kitty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 09:46 PM

7,579 posts, read 4,122,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
Have you been tested and it's been shown you're allergic to cats or are you just assuming? If you haven't been tested for cat allergies, the cat could have nothing to do with your illness. You could be allergic to dust, pollen or any number of things.

If you have been tested and are allergic, please be very careful rehoming your cat and absolutely charge a small rehoming fee. People will lie. They could resell the cat or give it to someone to use as bait for a dog fighter. They could also just turn it loose and let it fend for itself. This will not end well.

Please don't convince anyone do adopt your cat. They should want the cat and want to give it a good home. Please make sure anyone taking the cat is a good fit for your cat. If you know a family member will take him great, but I wouldn't rely on that. No one may want it. No kill shelters are almost always full and many have waiting lists. If you take him to the city shelter know that owner surrenders are the first to be put down for space. I'm active in animal rescue, I see this all the time.

I'd contact a reputable rescue now and see if they will take him rather than waiting. Do some research because not all places claiming to be a rescue are genuinely interested in the welfare of the pet.

Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you for the warnings. It is something I think about. People have asked but the minute they hear shedding, lots of hair, they back off.

We adopted him from Humane Society and they absolutely will take him back. He was surrendered before to them, so we are not his first family. Maybe that will decrease his chances but they did keep him there for many months. I am making a big donation to them if and when I surrender him. I will request that I be present should they put him down. I want to make sure he receives the best method.

It is so hard not to just let him live outside. We know of a cat who lives in our neighborhood for 10 years now. All of my cats lived outside when I was small. It is just sad that most people don't recommend that option, but I understand the danger, especially with cars and humans.

My testing is next Tuesday and we are letting him stay with the vet until the next day. I guess we will make the big decision then. My symptoms have decreased since he has been gone, but they are not completely gone. The most concerning symptom now is this tightening right between my breast. It comes and goes especially after speaking and exerting myself a little too much but that just may be because I am still weak. Or perhaps the prednisone has a drying effect.

Even so, I don't think I can care for my cat with the type of work I do, even if he is not the cause of it. What ever is causing this needs to resolved; I have been out of work almost 2 weeks now. Believe me, he would be sitting comfortable next to me right now if I hadn't gotten sick.

Almost all doctors have said "allergies". Right before I got bronchitis and laryngitis, I had a lot of post nasal drip.

Last edited by elyn02; 02-20-2018 at 10:09 PM..

Old 02-20-2018, 09:59 PM

7,579 posts, read 4,122,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Oh Elyn, I know what you mean. I had to put my beloved schnoodle to sleep in January and I sobbed continuously for 3 days and nights. That is what brought on my current illness. Crying blocks up your nose, sinus and what ever. Not good. Hope you find just the right home for Kitty.
So sorry to hear about your schnoodle. I have been crying as well and it is most definitely not good to do this with my symptoms in my chest.

I hope all ends well. Feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness