Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 01:05 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

OMG. I can not believe any one trying to use realfarmacy.com as a basis for any beliefs.

Snopes and other sites have exposed realfarmacy.com as "one of the worst science websites on the internet" and "a site so packed with mendacity and shrieking lunacy as to be widely mistaken for satire". Even Huffington Post has called it "a fake news/conspiracy site".

Even snopes.com has tagged that site to reveal the lies it posts:
https://www.snopes.com/tag/real-farmacy/

Old 02-24-2018, 01:05 PM

15,424 posts, read 7,477,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Good for you. But anyone with blood in their stool should see a doctor immediately.
Especially if it is dark blood, which is an indicator worse issues than bright red blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'm not looking for anything beyond inviting people to question conventional "wisdom" force-fed by an industry that plays on people's worst fears in order to prosper. Many people die much sooner from aggressive "treatment" than they ever would by natural causes.

Modern medicine is no more trustworthy than your local auto repair shop and deserves equal skepticism. No, colonoscopies are most definitely not necessary, may be beneficial and may be harmful. Any any benefit must be weighed against the life quality damage done by undergoing procedures as unacceptably invasive (in my view and that of many others) as this one is.

https://realfarmacy.com/pharmageddon...lling-machine/
I suppose I should have blown off the surgery and radiation to treat my sinus cancer, and tried to modify my diet. Yeah, right. I am glad that MD Anderson had the tools and great doctors to treat my cancer, because I would have otherwise died at some point scaring children from facial deformation.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:09 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
OMG. I can not believe any one trying to use realfarmacy.com as a basis for any beliefs.

Snopes and other sites have exposed realfarmacy.com as "one of the worst science websites on the internet" and "a site so packed with mendacity and shrieking lunacy as to be widely mistaken for satire". Even Huffington Post has called it "a fake news/conspiracy site".

Even snopes.com has tagged that site to reveal the lies it posts:
https://www.snopes.com/tag/real-farmacy/
Many could say the same thing about snopes etc. I read a lot of them and form my own opinion.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 02-24-2018 at 01:53 PM..

Old 02-24-2018, 01:12 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
SQ: I'm in control of my body and what I do...thanks.
Sure you are.

That does not mean that what you do is doing what you think it does, and, frankly, some of what you are saying in this thread could cause harm to someone who chooses to follow what you have done.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:15 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Sure you are.

That does not mean that what you do is doing what you think it does, and, frankly, some of what you are saying in this thread could cause harm to someone who chooses to follow what you have done.
Oh please SQ, everyone posting here has made their decision, maybe a couple still on the fence, but all are Adults and for these tests the system says at least 50.

Again, this is an OPEN discussion. Same old, we agree to disagree.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:20 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times
Quote:
It's OPEN discussion I think. Or am I wrong.

Have you read OP's header...not asking for positive or negative viewpoints....
Do you refuse vaccinations and other medical tests as well? I find it interesting that you incorporate health into your user name.

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 02-24-2018 at 01:33 PM..

Old 02-24-2018, 01:21 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times
Quote:
I'm sure I'm not the only one in the U.S. who does NOT get them.....I've posted a lot in Alt Med which is what I believe keeps me from cancer(s). Colon included. I'm one around here who truly trusts the holistic world of healing and prevention.
That is fine. Like I said in my post, I just hope nobody takes your comment as advice. I am not a "pill " guy myself but its plain bad advice to not do a colonoscopy every 5 years... because it works for you does not make it the best method.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:39 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,336,915 times
Quote:
Oh please SQ, everyone posting here has made their decision, maybe a couple still on the fence, but all are Adults and for these tests the system says at least 50.

Again, this is an OPEN discussion. Same old, we agree to disagree.
Unless CRC runs in your family. My kids need colonoscopies starting at 40. On the colon cancer forum I am also a member of, younger people are starting to develop colon cancer at earlier ages. Some in their 20's. If I had had a colonoscopy at the age of 40, there is a strong chance I may not have developed full blown colon cancer.

Yes, everyone must make their own choices in life but to say blood in your stool doesn't necessarily need to be checked... I truly hope someone listening only to you does not end up with colon cancer that could have been removed while it still was only a polyp.

I believe that a combination of supplements AND medicine will help me get through this nightmare alive. I would NEVER trust that only supplements will 'cure' me.

Yes, chemo can be rough. Radiation can be rough. It has been proven to work. Not 100% of the time.

Cancer has different mutations. Some mutations are super resistant to certain chemo drugs. Also different cancers have different chemo drugs to blast those cancer cells. Breast cancer uses a chemo that is not used for colon cancer. Not everyone loses their hair during chemo. It depends on that particular cancer and the chemo to fight that particular cancer.

Chemo is not always the magic cure. Again, it depends on the mutation and if there are multiple mutations.

The best way to assure that you avoid chemo is to get colonoscopies if you have a higher risk. It truly is a roll of the dice though. Some colon cancer patients do not have colon cancer in their family yet they are just unlucky.

Identical twins. One got colon cancer while the other has not. Living together, eating the same foods. One got the unlucky roll of the dice.

If there is a chance to prevent having a polyp turn into cancer, why not get a colonoscopy? It is relatively a simple procedure. We all need to do due diligence on who and where your colonoscopy is done. We need to be our own advocate and do our research.

There is no miracle cure. There ARE tools to help in the fight.

Good luck to all. <~~ not said in a snarky manner. I sincerely hope for all to stay healthy. But please, be vigilant in your health.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:58 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
This thread has run its course.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness